Newspapers and you

Monica
Monica
from New Delhi
13 years ago

Do you still read newspapers or internet is what you only refer to?If you do which is that one newspaper whose credibility you dnt question and the one which u can't help but question.

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

The feeds can never replace the traditional newspaper. I amke it  point to glance through the newspaper every day. I read 'The Hindu' and I am a big fan of it.

Monica
from New Delhi
13 years ago

We here consider Hindu for leftists,loaded with news frm down south and Indian express as hardcore politics.I thus read IE :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

I never feel that the paper is for leftists. To be more truthful I just skip most of the news related to politics.

Monica
from New Delhi
13 years ago

U dnt feel it probably coz u read it everyday

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

I did not get your point. Do you wish to say that only the first time readers feel that the paper is for the leftists?

Monica
from New Delhi
13 years ago

No actually Ranjith I wheneva try to read it dere is smthng leftist abt it.Same way my frens find IE too much about politics and I find TOI a sham :P so buddy basically when u keep reading wid a lota dedication u dnt realize wts up.

Chaitra
Chaitra
from Mumbai
13 years ago

HT and DNA. what interests me is that both have very differnet headlines, in terms of the importance they  give to particular news. Even though both being comparatively new in the Mumbai market, they are catching up pretty fast. TOI is going to die a slow death, given the content and the price too! I love reading both HT and DNA. 

Monica
from New Delhi
13 years ago

Wts up wid TOI? Its gona lose it? I find HT too thin to serve my needs.I can read it in an hour flat.DNA as the name goes is good fr analysis.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago
for me too, ht and dna score much above toi any day. I was reading toi before dna and ht came in but i really was getting bugged with toi self promoting its sister concerns all over toi. Dna won me over with their very second issue when they announced the list of actors n politicians who called their office up to cover their visit to flood affected areas way back in july 2005. dna has kept changing over the year with their editorial making way for public opine and articles. Ht is a mix of entertainment and serious politics. I miss a local edition of the hindu for subscription. the hindu was always recommended for those who were polishing their English.
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago
for me too, ht and dna score much above toi any day. I was reading toi before dna and ht came in but i really was getting bugged with toi self promoting its sister concerns all over toi. Dna won me over with their very second issue when they announced the list of actors n politicians who called their office up to cover their visit to flood affected areas way back in july 2005. dna has kept changing over the year with their editorial making way for public opine and articles. Ht is a mix of entertainment and serious politics. I miss a local edition of the hindu for subscription. the hindu was always recommended for those who were polishing their English.
Monica
from New Delhi
13 years ago

@ hemal DNA is nice I agree :) I dnt subscribe to it but dere r sm stories I refer to when I am researching :D Yay high five!we hate TOI ;)  Ht is way too thin :| Do try IE and asian age once :)

Arvindh
Arvindh
from Chennai
13 years ago

I dont read newspapers as I find them boring. I only read a weekly magazine called "The Economist". Its amazing and I do not question their credibility. 

Monica
from New Delhi
13 years ago

High five!I too read the economist but when dey co-brand a page in express ;)

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Not much interested nowadays, I try to find the editors, owners their political connection, then it's easy to guess what colour they will give to any news. Still try to read something but can't not much.

LockSign in to reply to this thread