Discussion about Guest Postings

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Guest posting has a lot of advantages, even if it is a mutual agreement. They help increase your followers and help to spread the word about your blog. It also reduces the work load of the person on whose blog the guest postings are posted. It also helps build backlinks.

Here are a few question for you:

Have you guest posted on anyone's blog or do you plan to do it?

What is your opinion about guest postings? Are they helpful to promote a blog?

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: minor edit
Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Yes, I have done two guest posts for Indie Travel podcast, a PR 6 site. Its an independent travel hub with regular audio and video podcasts along with articles by travellers from all over the world.

Here are the links -

Guest post on Varanasi

Guest post on Rishikesh

There was one more I had done My First Guest post but the site has gotten suspended unfortunately!

I feel Guest posting is very helpful since it is a simple way by which we can easily build backlinks to our blog posts. Plus you get the oppurtunity to open yourself up to a whole new set of audience and it drives traffic to your blog as well.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

I think that the linkback from the PR6 site has increased your traffic. Good Work.

Adhokshaj Bellurkar
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hey, I have the link of my blog posted on some other blogs and sites. But still the Pagerank is 0. Why?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

@Adhokshaj Bellurkar If the blogs on which you have your links posted has a PR of zero, then naturally it won't help you increase your page rank. And moreover, it is not just one or two links that are required but a lot of them.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
@ Ranjith My blog certainly got noticed as indietravel podcast is a very popular travel site... Also now I am a member and can contribute anytime there.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

@ Arti Good thing. It means that you can shoot up your traffic anytime. Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Ya, but dont get time to write there consistently.
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Great yaar Arti

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thanks dear Mohini Smile

Kimi Shrivastava
Kimi Shrivastava
from Jhinkpani
13 years ago

I haven't written guest posts...but I do write on hubpages. It has great Page rank and drives lot of traffic from google. Backlinking from those hubs also helps a lot!! :)

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
What are hubpages Kimi? Never heard of them.
Kimi Shrivastava
from Jhinkpani
13 years ago

Hi Arti,

Hubpages is an online writing community, where you can create a profile and write articles on various topics. They give excellent interface to add pictures and other widgets. The best thing is that their page rank is 4 and Alexa rank is in some 200. And they give you chance to earn through your articles too from Hubpages Ad program, Google adsense, Amazon and ebay. :) 

I have written more than 100 articles there and each article has a Google page rank of 1-3 now over a year... I also get good amount of traffic from these articles to any posts I have on my blog related to the topic.. Do check out the place http://hubpages.com/ :)

Kimi Shrivastava
from Jhinkpani
13 years ago

And just to get any idea on how a hubpage profile looks like  check out mine.. You can see the articles, my profile, my hubpage information everything!! :) 

http://hubpages.com/profile/calicoaster

Jitaditya Narzary
from Delhi
13 years ago

I was thinking of starting something with either Hubpages or Squidoo...

Any idea about Squidoo?

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Thanks Kimi:) Will check it out soon.
Adhokshaj Bellurkar
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thanks for the hubpage info. :) Sounds promising. :)

Kimi Shrivastava
from Jhinkpani
13 years ago

You are most welcome!! :) :) :) 

Sujith
Sujith
from Kerala
13 years ago

Guest blog count in my blog has crossed 250..and counting

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

How many guest posts have you written for other blogs? It must be a preety high number, considering that your tech blog is one of the top noticeable ones in the blogosphere.

Sujith
from Kerala
13 years ago

Ranjith ...ironically only two... :). My back links are not from  blogs ..instead from some top sites like Joomla, Wordpress, Mozilla etc ..

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Thats Awesome Sujith ji, getting links from wordpress and mozilla!!
Sujith
from Kerala
13 years ago

Arti, it's not an easy task to be listed there. It's a "Give and Take policy". One of my Firefox Addon download crossed 12000 download :)..Just quoting an example.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Aapka jawab nahin Sujith ji:)
DS
DS
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I have never done any guest posts till now.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Then why waste time, start searching for a good site now ;)

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Never tried, though I had offers as guest writer and team member in different blogs. But I couldn't do it. 

But I agree it reduces load too. And I can't write at places where someone is to control my words, like editor. 

BTW Ranjith, you have started so many threads, nice of course. I am getting tensed......new forum hero is coming now Ranjith! Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Thanks for the compliment.Smile This was a thread started two weeks ago and buried three days back. It got a fresh lease of life with the reply of DS.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

haha.........forum is very much active now....! that's why.

DS
from Mumbai
13 years ago
He is already a forum hero Mohini, he starts so many threads!! Great work Ranjith.
Bilna Sandeep
from Abu Dhabi
13 years ago

Big Congos to you Ranjith! I keep wondering how you come up with such good topics always Laughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

@ DS @ Cindrella Thank you Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Yup, the man with the ideas!!
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

.... and forgot to mention lot of confusions too Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

@ Arti Thanks for the compliment (especially the second one) Smile

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

@DS ya he is already but according to post count I guess with this speed he wil be no. 1. hamari chutti mat karo bas .........InnocentTongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

@ Mohini Don't worry. In a few more days, I will be able to log in only occassionally. Smile

DS
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Why?
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

I will be entering into an engineering college on the 17th of July. And, I am a bit ambitious too. Want to get good marks, be a topper (if possible) and so on... Smile

But still, I won't be leaving the Indi family. I like it a lot.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Good Luck Ranjith, The IndiFamily loves you too...Stay connected Smile

DS
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Thats great Ranjith, which branch?
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

@ Thank you

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

@ DS Computer Science and Engineering ( CSE) in IIT Roorke

DS
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Wow! Thats great, I once visited iit roorkee... Great place, Dehradun nearby!! All the best:)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

@ DS Thank you

DS
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Hey welcome mate:)
DS
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Ranjith congrats:) Now you are officially in the forum hero list!!
DS
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Hey Ranjith, Hope you are enjoying the IIT:)
Bilna Sandeep
Bilna Sandeep
from Abu Dhabi
13 years ago

I have never done done a guest post till now. Though I was luckily invited to be a member of a community blogging site and I am so much happy to write there too. Though the blog is named "The Lazy Us" I find lots of enrgy in there with the young bloggers! 

I would love do some guest posts if given an opprotunity, for a blog that would accept my views!

However I have been on a look out for some guest bloggers for my blog when I would have to be out of blogging for few months (maybe not that much) from the end of August. I even started a Guest Blogger Registry discussion forum on Indiblogger so that all of them looking for guest bloggers could register there. Well that discussion seem to have got buried now Frown

About Ranjith's second question here, yes ofcourse I believe guest blogging could help you promote your blog! As for me it's going to be more like a life saverLaughing Don't want my blog dying when I will have to be away Cry

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

If you are looking for guest posts, this site may help you: http://myguestblog.com/

Bilna Sandeep
from Abu Dhabi
13 years ago

Wow! thanx Ranjith! I am ready to try out all means Laughing

Bilna Sandeep
from Abu Dhabi
13 years ago

ohhFrown that link doesnt open for me! It opens! but not fully! it shows some adds related searches and all !!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Looking at it...

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

I was confused with the name. It is http://myblogguest.com/ and not the one mentioned by me.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

There are many articles available there which you can request to post on your blog. However, you need to provide satisfying reasons as to why the author of that article has to guest post on your blog. You should have a good number of followers, alexa rank, GPR and everything else... that you can sue to satisfy the author.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

sue > use

Bilna Sandeep
from Abu Dhabi
13 years ago

My site has a PR of 2 only!! sigh!!Frown 

Hope I could find someone there!! 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

All the best!

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Ranjith if i am not mistaken guest post would involve parting of user id and password in literal sense, otherwise the guest has to send his or her post in word format, in which case the authorship credit can be taken away. I think best is to provide link of the post on your blog which would resolve most of the future disputes.

LockSign in to reply to this thread