To raise the gross happiness index of IndiBloggers : The bloggers word building

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

The last word can be found here on Page 2 and not on Page 1

With a hope to increase the gross happiness index of IndiBloggers,

The most important thing in one's life is to be happy and one need not go on a world tour or hire a professional to crack jokes that makes us laugh. It is sufficient that one engages in an activity that brings us some relief. And here is something for my dear friends at IndiBlogger: The word building game. Just a few rules on the words that you can post: Post only those words that come under one of the following categories

- Words related to blogging

- Names of the cobloggers here. Insert a link to their profiles if possible

- Names of blogs of IndiMembers

- Important events at IndiBlogger (lighthearted ones and not those that flame up a discussion)

If possible try not to repeat words that are already in the word chain.

And another thing: Rather than simply posting the word, write something about it. If there is something that you would like to say about a word say it in a subreply. The main replies should form a continuous chain of words otherwise some newcomer may comment that we do not have the talent of identifying the last letter of a word.

You can post one new word each day and not more than that. However you can comment on others words as a sub reply.

Make sure that you come and play this game every day. Read the line above.

Here I start with the first reply below

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: minor edit
1-20
21-29
Replies 1 to 20 of 29 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Ethical Blogging : Blogging that follows certain ethics that include but are not limited to providing quality posts to your readers, not lowering the dignity of another individual, not resorting to unlawful means to gain raeders or traffic. (I don't know if the definition is correct)

The next word should start with g

Animesh
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Superb definition dude:)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

@Animesh Thank you

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
One of the most important things of blogging, Ethical Blogging..
abhin@v
abhin@v
from mumbai
13 years ago

ok the next 'word' is ...

Gaurav Arora (co- bloggers are also allowed , right?). LaughingLaughingCool

the link to his profile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

An addition: This post on his blog feels good. Never knew that those 60 seconds had that power.

@abhi Don't forget to play everyday.

Animesh
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Mini Atom bomb he is, superb talent

Arti - who has a nice travel blog and is known for her friendly attitude on the IndiForum. Laughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Who is the one who doesn't know her on the forum?

Animesh
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Do you call it nice? That's it? Dude, its actually a YATRA DIARY:)

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@ The Xeno Thanks for chaining me thereWinkSmile

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@ Animesh Its really tough to please Xeno Frown He also gave me a -99 the other day, you know Cry

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

@ Animesh Is there any difference between a travel blog and a yatra diary?

Animesh its all the same. Yatra diary or travel blog. @Arti: No no! You're actually one of the best around here.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Xeno Laughing  ... Actually In reality the grin is much much wider than that! Thanks :)

Animesh
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Xeno, you're right. Somehow I had missed the travel word. Both are same

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Easy Navigation : A site should have a simple navigation system which should enable intuitive readers find information they are looking for quickly without any hassles!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

@ Arti, True, I would click a close button within seconds if I find something cluttered on a blog.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
True:)
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Animated GIF's: Those that were a trend till a few years ago but not anymore. They just are an infatuation for new bloggers.

[It is not my view. Read it somewhere]

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Right! Never used them on my blog, dont see them too oft on other blogs too!

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Sarcasti-Nation : Very Witty, clever and humorous ramblings by @The Xeno Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Yes, he is a very clever blogger. Read his post titled How To Hack Indiblogger only to get depressed.Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
I have read it too, it was written when the excitement regarding the new upgraded Indirank was at its peak!!

Ho ho ho! Arti thank you so much! I feel as happy as a well-fed cow chewing the cud of praises heaped upon him!!! Cool And you're right. that post was a part of my Crusade Against Indiblogger Procrastination.

@Ranjith: :D Come on! Give it a try! It really works!

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
I loved the post Xeno:)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

@ The Xeno I have tried to deposit the said money in swiss bank Smilebut the reciptionist told that there exists no such account with that number. later I realised that you had put so many x's in it.

@Ranjith: Oh! I know I know I've received many such complaints. Don't worry! All she wants is a small tip. Give her about... um... 1bn dollars and she'll be happy to accept your payment!

Oh yeah I know! Its tough to hack Indiblogger isn't it? Now you've to give bribes to bank receptionists! Phew!

Novoneel Chakraborty: He is an author and also a thoughtful blogger. He writes his blog Novosphere. Anyone seen his blog before?

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Never heard of him before... Loved his recent post the Tourist... A wonderful vision... Is he your relative, you both share the same surname if I am not mistaken, just asking...

@Arti: Yeah we do share the same name (surprised that you remember! :o ) but no we're definitely not relatives. :D

I like his perspective.. the way he sees things is quite unique.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Hehe, Ya I do have ok memory:):) His blog was definitely worth a read! Thanks for sharing:)
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

e diary: That was the original purpose of blogging

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

(y) indi blogger: That is what a person so much addicted to the Telugu language would call IndiBlogger as.

Ignore the above word. e was the last letter of the blog. Just got confused.

Animesh
from Mumbai
13 years ago

which one to consider Ranjith? e diary or (y) indi blogger?

abhin@v
from mumbai
13 years ago

@animesh , the rulebook says you cannot play more than once in a day . So, i think we can continue from 'e diary ' Laughing

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Good one @abhiLaughing 

My Take : Take the letter which suits you, Your choiceWink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Never thought that there could be so much confusion Smile

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Ranjith : The notable newbie of Indiblogger who has a very nice blog where he Talks Light Heartedly Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

I am that person Arti is talking about. Hello to the world. My blog link: A light hearted talk.

@ Arti I think that you should stop calling me a newbie now. I am more than two weeks old. Smile

Rajnith: 2 weeks and you are interacting like you're 2 years into Indiblogger. Nice to have light hearted jovial and friendly people on the forum! Cool

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
@ Ranjith, Okies :)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

@ The Xeno Thank you!

@ Art Thanks for the promotion!

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
My name is ARTI:)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

@ Arti Sorry, It was the keyboards mistake. Smile Nowadays it isn't listening to me. I think that you have observed me often typing read as raed and the as teh.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
:) And I have noticed those mistakes!!
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
:) And I have noticed those mistakes!!
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Hitnosis: Refreshing a page repeatedly with the hope that either the pageviews or comments have increased

abhin@v
from mumbai
13 years ago

is this some sort of ailment? how to cure 'hitnosis' Smile

whoa! Thanks for sharing this info! I didn't know that. Laughing

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Wow, that has increased my vocabulary!!!
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

@ abhi Hide the 'refresh' button from your view by placing your palm over it. Smile

Splog - Spam Blog. We all hate them. It is sad that a word had to be coined for them.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
:-(
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Be a Roman when you are in Rome. Similarly, be a spammer when you are on a Splog. Go ahead and attack the comments area.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Gurukripa : Mohini's spiritual blog ... She sees our Great Indian teachings and philosophies as a solution to todays chaotic problems and writes them down in the form of poems or prose. Do check it out if you havent yet!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

A very active blogger who updates her blog frequently

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

tys: An IndiBlogger who has a humour blog Life and other such nonsense

yeah! best of raw humor!

tys
from Sharjah
13 years ago

shukran habibi...

what the hell is raw humor?..i prefer things cooked.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
SIDEBAR - The sidebar of the blog should not be too cluttered and have important widgets like email subscription, google search, google translate, archives, labels, about me...
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Well said. A cluttered sidebar irriates a lot of users as it takes time to load and the users cannot find what they are actually looking for.

+1 Exactly. And the sidebar width shouldn't be too large. It shouldn't take up more than 30% of the screen or I feel that it is enroaching on reading/writing space. A blog is not made of its sidebar, it is made of its written content.

RSS - or Really Simple Syndication.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

How did that thing get its name, the simple word?

abhin@v
abhin@v
from mumbai
13 years ago

SEO - Search Engine Optimisation. Every blogger needs to think about , sooner or later. :)

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
After almost 2 years of blogging I still unfortunately dont understand it :-(:-(

yeah! its a large topic!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

@ Arti and @ The Xeno I can be your tutor Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Ranjith So when can are you starting your tutoring classes :P

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Strike-off *can

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

One day one post : the success mantra followed by many professional bloggers.

( Could not find a better word even after breaking my head. Originally typed it as one post per day but later on chnaged it thinking that no one can think of a word beiggining with y Smile)

Anukriti Sharma
Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
13 years ago
TrackBackA system that allows a blogger to see who has seen the original post and has written another entry concerning it. The system works by sending a 'ping' between the blogs, and therefore providing the alert.
Adhokshaj Bellurkar
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Nice, good to know. :)

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Interesting!

Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
13 years ago

:)

tys
tys
from Sharjah
13 years ago
Originality : I think it helps the reader when they come across a blog that is refreshinginly original...i guess this also stands against the ongoing trend of hijacking others content. ( am i doing this right? I kinda speed read the rules, so i mite be making a complete fool of myself rite now...sorry if iam.)
tys
tys
from Sharjah
13 years ago
(damn....just ignore the one above...the word is 'k'... klutz comes to mind rite now, in relation to me .) Keyboard : "the name implies, a keyboard is basically a board of keys. Along with the mouse, the keyboard is one of the primary input devices used with a computer. " (copied without regret from : http://www.techterms.com/definition/keyboard) all hail google!!!
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

+1 lol

1-20
21-29
LockSign in to reply to this thread