What you feel when you dont get reply to your comment on a post

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I recently posted a comment appreciating a blog post, but the author simply kept repling to other comments but not to mine.

What can be the reason! It was the first time I visited that blog, went and commented for the nice article that was written, and visited it back to see if the author even bothered to reply.

I felt bad to see that the author did not reply to my comments but he/she did to other comments on the same post! I dont think after this treatment i will again go to the same blog ever.

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: Updated title for the limitation
Replies 1 to 9 of 9 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Bloggers need to value their readers and reply to all the comments. At the same time on a blog that receives hundreds of comments every dya, the blogger may not be able to respond to all the comments considering the fact that he also has many other things to do. May be your commment did not contain any question and that blogger replies to a comment only when there is a need for him to say something in reply. You need not be distressed at that thing. What if he doesn't reply to your comment. You still can enjoy reading what he writes.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

+1 thats a positive thought Ranjit. The scenario was a bit different were i was the first who commented and others, later. The post was about Cause, and involved contribution. I promised on the comment that I will contribute. I guess, it did invite a thank you the least.

abhin@v
abhin@v
from mumbai
13 years ago

@Hemal give the blogger a benefit of doubt, reply to one more post and see what happens . Then you can formulate your plan of action in the future . :)

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

haha! yes Mr. Umpire Wink

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I guess I dont have to make much fuss about it, but still I want to know what others think of this behaviour!

abhin@v
abhin@v
from mumbai
13 years ago

oh yes , I am a cricket freak Smile but nt the umpire .. sorry 

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

ah abhi, never mind :D

@Hemal: Visit a psychic hippie and ask her the reason for this misfortune.

lol!

Why the hell do you care? Who was it by the way?

yeah it does feel good when the author replies but still.. don't let it take away your sleep.

[No offence meant. Just poking fun.]

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

lolz... man you are such a fun to talk with Tongue out

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

well I cared coz i felt i deserved a reply! but wont loose sleep for sure Wink

Sensible bloggers are prompt to reckon an ardent reader and commentor and grab them. New ones fail on this front and loose them. They realize only when it's too late. Sometimes when I am traveling and my net access is not to the mark, I miss, but I make up for the loss later.
Animesh
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Pg, +1.

I also follow the same strategy. I make it a point to reply to all comments. If they are on-liners, I reply merely by "Thanks" and if they are sincere comments, I ensure to reply appropriately:)

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Pramod yep I agree, sometimes we miss and we always have the opportunity to make up.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Animesh this is a good way to follow. +1

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Maybe the author thought that since you are a new visitor you wont come again on the same post (even I dont visit the same post again if I have not asked a question or something like that)... And as Abhi pointed out give the benefit of doubt to the author. By the way I dont reply to each and every comment on my blog and only reply to questions or suggestions... I dont feel it reduces the importance of my readers :):)
Arti Ji, it's a luxury for some bloggers like u having grand fan following , and content is such to attract readers. Not everybody is so blessed.
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

thats another school of thought! yep, I agree many a times even I dont visit the post back to see if the author replies, its some times when there was a question that asked. Benefit of doubt, hmm, lets see how long can i keep this thing out of my mind Tongue out

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Pramod I agreeeeeee.. she can comman over it Wink

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

*command

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
That is so kind of you Pramodji to say all that... But neither do I have any fan following as such nor do I get a lot many comments even. Whatever I get, I love them as any blogger does.. Its just that I give more priority to visiting other blogs than replying... we all have our ways of working and do things accordingly, isn't it? It really aint about luxuries or commands or anything like that!
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
@Hemal Though I have seconded abhi above, I would like to add that such a behaviour is very reckless on the part of that blogger. Either you reply to all your comments, reply to some or dont reply at all! Leaving just one out of the pack turns the reader off and I dont blame you if you feel like never ever visiting back again! Second chance should be given only if the blogger is new or if you feel that it is unintentional and deserves one!
Righto Arti Ji,
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Arti yep, it is and you are right that some times, you deserve to get a reply.

irfanuddin
irfanuddin
from PATNA
13 years ago

whenever i comeent on any particular post i keep watching for its reply, there are few who have a practice of not replying to the comments...personally i like to respond to each n every comments and make sure that no one is left, even if there is nothing to answer then atleast a word of thnx is needed i suppose.....

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

this is a nice way to keep your readers involved @irfanuddin.. yep, for many of the first time visitors, a word of thanks is a must.

Poorvi Shrivastav
Poorvi Shrivastav
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

I dont know but I do not reply to all comments , or rather I reply '@All'. Not that I get a lot :P ..but still I would consider giving her/him another chance :), 'test it twice, before you log a bug' thats what I believe in :) :P  ...

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Poorvi thanks for your two cents... second chance seems to be the favorite amongst all who are here.

Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
13 years ago

Hi Hemal,

Read this post: http://michaelhyatt.com/do-you-have-to-respond-to-every-blog-comment.html

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I was expecting something different from you and you did that! Wink

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
13 years ago

@Hemal :-) Happy not to disappoint you. :-)

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@PC read the post, really good thing.. must read for all others... thank you! Wink

LockSign in to reply to this thread