Expensive guest, time to introspect

Guha Rajan
Guha Rajan
from Chennai
13 years ago

We have an expensive guest in India, ,  I understand it cost Rs 900 crores perday for Obama, just now the government spent around Rs 70,000 crores towards CW Games, ultimately its the tax payer who would be the suffers. While, the developed countries has started working towards public expenditure cuts such exercise have not been taken by our government.

Guest are welcome but at what cost?, why not use technology like video confereance facilty?. After doing all this, US will go back and provide huge aid to Pakistan  !!???!!.

Any thoughts?

Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
Aashish Sood
Aashish Sood
from Delhi
13 years ago

Were India in any introspection mode, a lot of things would not have been happening right now; MNS would have been defunct, India a super power and China downed to its rightful place after India... Kalmadi tried in public forum... Kasab shot dead on spot!

But alas!!!

Himanshu
from Delhi
13 years ago

I agree with you my friend!!!

Nishant Thakur
Nishant Thakur
from Shimla
13 years ago

....Rakhi Sawant would have been declared world's first shouting mannequin, Ravindra Jadeja getting his balls chopped off in public, Himesh getting his tongue(read nose)de-attached, Shiv Sena left on streets of Patna to get ****ed by donkeys and MTV and Channel V headquarters painted with cum for showing naked chicks all the time and stuff, you know.

Guha Rajan
Guha Rajan
from Chennai
13 years ago

Thanks Suraj... I am  not very sure how the expenses are funded.

Interestingly, been following Obama discussion by panel in popular news channels, its just a mixed response (not some thing great). I still remember Clinton visit in late 90's which was a run away success. In fact, a local magazine at that time, carried out a report (jokingly) that Clinton can win election in India Smile..

tys
tys
from Sharjah
13 years ago

this is india...guest are like gods arent they? My opinion is not to stop at anything to make a guest's visit memorable... this is not the time to think cheap...

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

no tys, we are thinking how costly the visit is... 900 crs! you see, if you the govt gives 1 lac to our armed personals and gift in kind, still they will be left more money in their cofferes.

tys
from Sharjah
13 years ago

it makes my heart feel nice to know that we have so much money floating around. Yet we have poverty. Puzzling. I guess its all abt priority. Guest is god but the inmates are slaves. :)

Mag[m]
from Delhi
13 years ago

that was the real irony Yell

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Did we forget the old saying "Atithi devo bhav" ? "Guest is treated as GOD!

Nicole
from Bengaluru
13 years ago

"Atithi devo bhava"

First we frame it and then regret it. :P

I feel its a fruitful expenditure, as the deals etc. that materialized. atithi is a person who comes without giving a date, but here its  pure business .and preplanned.  both sides trying to gain on deals.

Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Agree!

Nishant Thakur
Nishant Thakur
from Shimla
13 years ago

Plus, when was the last time a bunch of Americans came to India in search of jobs and shitloads of investment? XD

LockSign in to reply to this thread