Indibloggers, the d.ustb.in is here!

Shrikant Joshi
Shrikant Joshi
from Pune
14 years ago

I've been writing short-stories for a while & looking up websites where I can submit my stories & get to know what people think of them.

Yes, I do get good ratings when I submit my short-stories on the IndiVine. Yes, there are a few websites that cater specifically to certain niche genres such as sci-fi - but I found none when it comes to short-stories & short-fiction as a whole! I'm sure a lot others like me must have attempted the same & found no solution.

So I thought, if there are others like me, why not start a magazine of short-stories submitted & curated by us short-story aficionados?

Voila! We now have the d.ustb.in!

The d.ustb.in is a place where selected short stories will be featured every week. Any genre - poetry or prose, any length - as long as it is short-fiction (i.e. < 2500 words) is welcome! Read the submission guidelinesupload your story, or join the d.ustb.in team as an editor.

Eventually, I hope to publish a regular (fortnightly or monthly) magazine/anthology of the stories that get featured on the d.ustb.in - but for now it's all FOC - free-of-cost. We don't charge, we don't pay! 

Looking forward to see you guys there, too!

PS: I created the d.ustb.in domain out of the free .in domain that BigRock gave is at #IndiMum, I thought that it was only fair that I share this on the IndiForums first. Hope I'm not spamming - just wanted to share. :)

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Ascending
Shrikant Joshi
Shrikant Joshi
from Pune
14 years ago

@Saurav: Thanks for the honest opinion. I agree that this is 'just like billion other post submission websites/blogs running around,' but I had to see for myself. People don't really learn unless they do it themselves, no? :)

Anyway, I've a few ideas (again, not too original, I know) that I hope to implement for the d.ustb.in. I guess I'll try to be more innovative the next time around. For now, this is an attempt & a beginning that I'm gonna have to follow through. :)

BTW, I liked your stories. They have a very interesting, tugging flavor to them...

Keep writing!

Sanjay Vedula
Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

The idea looks impressive. Good work. Like the template of the website too. :D

Shrikant Joshi
from Pune
14 years ago

Hey Sanjay!

Thanks for the kind words. I hope it takes off. :)

Sanjay Vedula
from Hyderabad
13 years ago
@Shrikant My best wishes. It surely would :)
Shrikant Joshi
Shrikant Joshi
from Pune
14 years ago

The d.ustb.in is up & running, already. :)

We're now accepting short-stories of all genres - one sentence, 55 word, flash fiction, and short stories under 2500 words. A few stories have already come in - waiting for more! :)

The whole purpose of the d.ustb.in is two-fold:

1. To provide a platform for budding short-fiction authors
  2. To collect, arguably, the best short stories that exist!

Sourav C. Pandey
from New Delhi
14 years ago

Hello Shrikant.

I like your website. But trust me friend, to launch something new you got to be little more innovative. This is just like billion other post submission websites/blogs running around. Sorry if I sound negative, but I couldn't find many postives in it! Hope you take it positively and work out something cool and creative! Smile

Regards,

http://www.souravpandey.in/

Rohini
Rohini
from Bangalore
14 years ago

By what date will your dustbin be up and running?

LockSign in to reply to this thread