Test the load time of your blog

Sanjay Shettennavar
Sanjay Shettennavar
from Belgaum
14 years ago

http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/

I stumbled upon the above tool today. It tests the load time and gives report. I thought I should share this with all indibloggers.

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
pundit
pundit
from Oslo
14 years ago

Thank you, this is interesting. Two other useful tools along these lines that I use all the time are:

1. Google's Page Speed
  2. Yahoo's YSlow

Both of these are plugins for Firebug for Firefox. They allow you to test and improve various aspects of your site right from the comfort of your own browser.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

hmmm i wasnt aware of these Surprised

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Also this one... http://www.webpagetest.org

very useful info.

Thanx

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Nice! Thanks for the link!

Addy
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Mine is 3.2 sec is it good enough?

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Addy, never really rely on just one test... times really change everytime.. the internet connection not necessarily stays same.. it fluctuates..

its always better to have multiple tests. 3.2 seconds is not really good but isnt bad either. there are blogs which take even more than a minute to download fully.

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

While running a test, always check if you have an option to see the download time at different speeds. This lets you know, how long does your page take to load at different speeds.

For example, a page might take less than a second on a 10mpbs, the internet connection speed at which 99% of the servers are connected to. However, at the same time, on a 56kbps connection, your page load may take say 30 seconds... 

you need to set the goal to check how quick your page loads at the lowest possible connection. I am sure a lot of people know this here, i still put my two cents for those who are new here.

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Another way to check any site download time would be on Apple's Safari. Install Safari, go to preference and check Developer tool bar. 

It lets you know each element that takes time to download in a very neat frame.

LockSign in to reply to this thread