Are most bloggers nerds?

Pradeep
Pradeep
from Bengaluru
14 years ago

Hi indibloggers,

I find it really difficult to blog regularly. I've come to a conclusion that those who blog daily or say more than 3 times a week are either nerds or professional bloggers. Nerds? -- those who are book worms, love writing and in general introverts. Lets discuss :)

Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Deepak
Deepak
from India
14 years ago

who the damn think about this...

create time for blogging..

indiblogger is my family nw...Wink

Pradeep
from Bengaluru
14 years ago

haha no comments :)

Anurag Yelkur
Anurag Yelkur
from Delhi
14 years ago

Well according to me you got the definition of a nerd wrong. A nerd is probably a person who lacks social skills, and is harmlessly, yet boringly studious. A bookworm is something different from this, many happen to be bar room intellects. Many people who write some of the best works on the internet, and that too very frequently are very outgoing people, and blogging is just a new age easy way of getting published, and has nothing to do with attaining nerdVANA. 

Au contraire: I am not sure of some of the technology blogs that hover about( Tongue out), no offense though. 

Pradeep
from Bengaluru
14 years ago

I love the phrase bar room intellects.. lol

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Go to an IndiMeet man I bet the introvert thing will vaporize like steam!

Aldeena
from New Delhi
14 years ago

Hehe!!! True!!!! Laughing

I don't know about the general trend, but as for me, I maintain a perfect balance between my family, my social circle, relationship, blogging, studies and work. Never have even been tempted to be a "nerd". I admit to being a bookworm, but that doesn't mean I lack social skills, it just means that I love books to the extent that if you soil a single page I chop ur hands off! (so beware! Tongue out)

I don't think blogging means you lack social skills, it's an easy platform to express yourself and be heard. I agree with what Anurag said.. Of course there might be the few introverts in the blogging community but that isn't something demeaning.. It just means you are different and have a different way of expressing yourself. I hate the term nerds btw.. It sounds like a derogatory word..

Aldeena
from New Delhi
14 years ago

My reply was a general one.. Sorry Addy I didn't mean I'll chop YOUR hands off.. Tongue out I started off replying to your comment but then ended up replying to the general topic of discussion as well! Smile

Pradeep
from Bengaluru
14 years ago

yeah.. I hope to indimeet next time!

Sujith
Sujith
from Kerala
14 years ago

Nerds..be happySmile

"An individual persecuted for his superior skills or intellect, most often by people who fear and envy him."

" Often highly intelligent but socially rejected because of their obsession with a given subject, usually computers."

"The person you will one day call "Boss" Bill gates, Steve jobs, other very wealthy individuals"

"A person constantly criticized for being overly obsessed with his/her school work. The criticizers usually work for the nerds." "Nerd as an insult means "you are smarter then me and that makes me feel inferior so I must cover up my inadequacy by making fun of you"." (Quotes- Urban dictionary)
Addy
from Mumbai
14 years ago

What is this Sujit? Didn't expect this from you in the forum! I know you are a responsible IndiCitizen so I'll let you walk away from this with just a Ticket this time! Money mouth

Aldeena
from New Delhi
14 years ago

This ain't good Addy... Charge him and share the moolah with me!!! Money mouthTongue outWink Hehe!!!!!!!!

Sujith
Sujith
from Kerala
14 years ago

What d heck is this.. No way to edit?

Pradeep
from Bengaluru
14 years ago

Sujith,

That's an awesome reply.. I'm still in the process of decoding that!

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Fixed. Smile

Curious - where was that copy pasted from? Some coding tool? Or MS-word?

Addy
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Me curious too! You're getting a ticket next time from the IndiPolice Sujit! Tongue out

Sujith
from Kerala
14 years ago

@Renie , The source is already specified.

@ Andy .. Cool

Sujith
from Kerala
14 years ago

Ohhhh Again mistake --Addy Sealed...

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
14 years ago

I think Pradeep, this thread is a consolation to tell yourself that YOU are NOT a Nerd! Why would you justify on what kind of blogger being nerd otherwise?

Pradeep
from Bengaluru
14 years ago

umm.. its pretty obvious that I'm not. If you think that I created the thread ONLY to say that I'm not a nerd then.. well.. you actually need to read instead of think.

Addy
from Mumbai
14 years ago
You even talk like one. I was in Bangalore and the whole Bangalore climate had it smelling like nerd too! I guess it was you! You have not uploaded you pic or I would have proclaimed you a total nerd, tight now! Lucky you! :D
Pradeep
Pradeep
from Bengaluru
14 years ago

You're obviously taking it too far.. But I can tell you that if someone calls me a nerd I'd be happy. At the end of the day its nerds who take home a good paycheck :)

divyangshu tripathi
divyangshu tripathi
from kolkata
14 years ago

last time a friend of mine met a girl i had a crush on  and told her you know divzy is just so nerdy, and he laments it till today not coz of repentance or anything only for the reason that i kicked him hard for saying that.....

tell me if  i am travelling with a  book on communist philosophy or reading it at the college cafeteria while others are busy watching some clips in the cellphone or being toady to the teachers...do i qualify for being a nerd.....????

if i dont then i am not a nerdy blogger too and if i am god forbid you have to bear this nerdy taurean this way.Tongue out

LockSign in to reply to this thread