Senior Citizen and sympathy

mrkaushikdev
mrkaushikdev
from kolkata
14 years ago

Well i was traveling in a public bus in Kolkata.It had all seats in pairs.It was entirely packed up with no leg space.i was standing up beside the row of seats.The ladies seats were towards the left row whereas the gents seats were towards right.A lady emerged from nowhere accompanied by her daughter and her grandson.

The old woman seemed 40s something.She had all gray hair but she did not show any signs of aging.As soon as i discovered she was traveling towards the gents seats i realized she had some intension.

Well the bus had a pair of seats for the senior citizens but she barged her way in towards a male passenger and said "please get up i am senior citizen".

Usually when a person wants something from someone he/she REQUESTs the person for it.Sometimes he/she smiles if she wants a favor.But the old lady had none of these features.It was like she was accusing the male passenger for taking a seat in the bus with a frown in her face.

Well it did not end there.The little boy who was with her was swiftly ushered towards another male seat that was a pair before her.

Now the drama started.She began scolding another passenger why the kid was standing before him implying that he must be taken to his lap or a small space must be made so that he gets to sit .

The kid was in school uniform and looked a few years above 12.But she had a voice which she used as a tool to scare men.It took just few seconds and instantly the little kid found his seat.

In the bus very few people talked and only her voice  was loud.She now began her boasts about her new house,how her grandson got admission in a reputed school and about her achievements in life.

Well in her mind she had a lot of achievements but to  the common people  she was too showy,proud and talkative.Some co-passengers even made bad gestures at her.

Its a social sympathy what society feels for senior citizens.Now It is expected that a senior citizen is a bit soft by nature and that he/she is not aggressive.Only aggression can be expected from the society when you show aggression.

Well i  was just about to have sympathy on her deciding on the fact that she must have suffered so she is reacting in this manner.But moments later she called her daughter and within a blink of my eye,the guy who was sitting next to her stood up to allow this woman's daughter to seat.

I thought that this man's destination had arrived so he got up,but it did not.He was standing in the door-side talking to the conductor of the bus.Little later when the conductor asked her for purchase of tickets,she purchased 1 ticket for the three of them and got down along with her daughter and grandson.

The conductor spoke in some bad chants whereas there was a group talk when she left.The topic of the discussion was her.

Replies 1 to 1 of 1 Descending
Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Wish you had made it a post on your blog than posting the entire story here as a thread here!

LockSign in to reply to this thread