How to post widgets on blog?

S.R.Ayyangar
S.R.Ayyangar
from BANGALORE
14 years ago

I am not able to upload any widgets on my blog. When tried, some got posted as 'Post' and not as widget on one side. Can any of blogger friend explain in simple step by step methodology?

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Magali Vaz
Magali Vaz
from Mumbai
14 years ago

First could you tell me if you are using blogger (blogspot) or wordpress? If you are using blogger I will definitely be able to help!

S.R.Ayyangar
from BANGALORE
14 years ago

You can check out from my blog at http://srayyangar.blogspot.com

Vineet Rajan
Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
14 years ago

You seem to be using blogger. So whats the widget you are planning to add?

You dont want to overdo widgets since it can increase the load time considerably. 

S.R.Ayyangar
from BANGALORE
14 years ago

At least some of the MUST  required for any blog.

Magali Vaz
Magali Vaz
from Mumbai
14 years ago

I just checked your blog. I take it you have figured out how to post widgets already.

S.R.Ayyangar
from BANGALORE
14 years ago

Actually not. There are so many links like email,subscribe, link,followers etc etc which I could not upload.

Cavin
Cavin
from Chennai
14 years ago

For email, you can add a simple contact form using any of the free service available or by using google docs. Blogger now has pages, so when you create a new page for contact and publish it, the link will be automatically added to the blog. And for email subscription and RSS subscription you can use feedburner or the inbuilt RSS subscriber available in blogger widgets.

S.R.Ayyangar
from BANGALORE
14 years ago

thanks , i shall try.

Vasu
Vasu
from Basel, Switzerland
14 years ago

Hi,

How do I add the indiblogger widget to wordpress? I tried going into appearances / widgets, but my wordpress.com page has some standard widgets, and no option to add a new widget.

Any sort of help would be appreciated :)

Cheers!

Vasu

http://vasusworld.wordpress.com/

LockSign in to reply to this thread