Do you feel that partcipating in the forum has improved your blogs reach?

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

I was looking at my stats for the past few weeks and even though I have not done justice to my blog by updating latest posts (Am doing a bit of a revamp right now) I have a 100% increase in visitors and I believe its because of the forum .. any other witnesses to this? have you found  something that has improved ? if anything do post here.. am sure a lot of people would like to know..

Replies 1 to 9 of 9 Descending
Anitha.S
Anitha.S
from Chennai
15 years ago

Yeah, I have 2 new followers and the comments on my blog have increased.

Three cheers to the new initiative...

Regards,

Anitha

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

@ Anitha : Awesome ! and good to know!

Rishabh
Rishabh
from New Delhi
15 years ago
For my blog, nothing has increased much. Only 1 follower who has added my blog in his blog network. Comments are still 0. It's just that there has a been a little bit improvement in traffic. I used to get around 4-5 visitors on my blog daily before, now i m getting 7-8 atleast. Seems like no one likes cricket over here ! Neither there are any cricket blog writers (according to me).
Adarsh Rao
Adarsh Rao
from Minnesota
15 years ago

@Anoop: Great to know that you have 100% increase in visitors to your blog. I agree with you. Participating in the forum has increased viewership to my blog. (Not yet looked at the numbers, but increase is there.) However, it remains to be seen whether the increase in viewership will be sustained.

@ Anitha: Cool! Nice to know that you have more followers and more comments on your blog.

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

@ Rishabh : These are early days and I guess you need to keep trying.. maybe people are visiting your competition (cricinfo etc).. this is prob content related more than anything else.. maybe you can look into it further

@ sriharsha : Update your blog.. there are no pictures and a loooot of text.. focus on quality.. surely there should be a good improvement.. and keep blogging and posting on the forum .. am sure there will be a lot of unique visitors who come by everyday and bloggers are here to find good content..

@ Adarsh : Sustaining can only come with raising the bar on quality of posts every time I guess..

jkwillsay
jkwillsay
from chennai
15 years ago

There is a ennie winnie bit increase in the traffic. but few comments from the forum user is very encouraging, its a novel initiative to all those who likes to blog. Kudos!!!

Rahul Anand
Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

I havn't done the 'review my blog' thing yet. Anwyays there are people coming fro the forums too i guess. Not a big difference though.

But i'll soon be redesigning the blog and hope to start afresh!

Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
15 years ago

Actually from what I have observed, certainly it has increassed readers. But just to be clear, I'd say the more we leave links to our blogs with our comments here, the more attention it will get.Otherwise lazy guys like me dont dig into other blogs from the username, unless that person's coment is interesting enough or the topic being interesting etc... I mean, something has to invite you to read my blog.

So I have certainly earned readers when ever I provided links Smile.

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Frankly, the % of visitors is still low (under 1%). I do have two followers because of Indiblogger.

I wish bloggers would take the trouble of visiting other blogs and connect.

On the other hand I am sure many bloggers would be benefitted by my visiting their blogs. So it is ok, I guess.

Question: Not sure how much benefit the networking on Indiblogger offers. If that increases the page ranking for instance ...or revenue  Wink

News, Views & Serendipity

LockSign in to reply to this thread