Suggestions & Feedback

Aditya Tibrewala
Aditya Tibrewala
from Mumbai
15 years ago

The other day i was going through the forum and realised there is no official thread which allows bloggers to give suggestions and feedback on indiblogger. I really think there should be one such official thread. Another thing. I'm facing a few tech issues. I'm very sure there are many more amatuer bloggers out there with no html knowledge looking for some professional help. Why dont we try and do something about this?

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
Aditya Tibrewala
Aditya Tibrewala
from Mumbai
15 years ago

would it be a good idea to highlight indivine updates on the home page?

new posts and popular posts need to be highlighted more... at least i feel that way

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

You're right Aditya - we also need to generate the IndiVine tag cloud. Thanks for the reminder!

Aditya Tibrewala
Aditya Tibrewala
from Mumbai
15 years ago

i saw this feature on another blog traffic improvement site, wherein every account gets points for any activity conducted on the site.

Similarily, we can have something on similar lines on indiblogger. Here is how it will work:

1) for every movie reviewed, the person gets some points

2) for every indivine vote, the person recieves points.

3) for every indiblogger of the month vote, the person recieves points

and so and on so forth. So thus for every activity, there is different weightage and different points are awarded. The persons with top points, get their blogs advertised either on some other sites or on the indiblogger home page itself. In order to avoid early members from getting a headstart, the points should be reset to zero every month or two. this would bring about more activity on the forum. The only thing to watch out for is that people dont post spam in order to generate more points.

Aditya Tibrewala
Aditya Tibrewala
from Mumbai
14 years ago

a suggestion for the forum:

ive noticed that when a person replies to someones post on the forum, the particular thread gets updated and appears on top, however if the reply was made to a very old post within the thread, then its difficult for someone to go through all the posts and find the reply. Cant we have the forum in a way how orkut communities forum works? its much simpler and easier that way.

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

How about highlighting the newest responses?

We actually started the forum without inline replies, but then we found it was necessary... the forum got too confusing otherwise with everyone using @name and then you had to scroll up to find out what they were referring to...

Aditya Tibrewala
from Mumbai
14 years ago

but at least by using @name the reply gets noticed. We can try highlighting the post and see what the response is.

LockSign in to reply to this thread