Why we are selfish towards others?

Shilpa
Shilpa
from Mumbai
15 years ago

We may think that we are the best human souls on earth but we tend to forget that we have our own desires and expectations from certain group of people who tend to judge us from our achievements and success. Its often understood that the more a person is successful he is more likely to be in control and in power of everything. Even if an average human work for 24 hours without gaining much success with his luck not on his side he is still considered nowhere. Its sad and we should ask ourselves who is a successful person to you who works hard or who takes short cuts to achieve that.

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Siddartha
Siddartha
from Vijayawada
15 years ago
Neeraj Shinde
Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
15 years ago

I am confused of what this thread is all about? How is success related to being selfish? Or probably, Is it regarding being successful ethically and unethically?

Shilpa
Shilpa
from Mumbai
15 years ago

Well mr neeraj i am sure you know whats the statement all about .This entire thing is related to being selfish when we had to choose between goodness and success.If you are given a credit because you belong to boss brother and a guy spending 2 years in a company is left out.Will you give your chair of success to or take it to yourself.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
15 years ago

I guess what Neeraj asked for is what are you expecting an answer to? Yes, its human nature which no one can change. Capable people may not be lucky enough to have a mentor, and at times people who are not capable get lucky!

Laws of nature

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
15 years ago

I guess you faced a similar fate recently or some one close to you! This always comes as a deterant to most of the people who do not get an opportunity just because you are not a cousin of so and so, or you have contacts high up the ladder.

Neeraj Shinde
Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
15 years ago

I got the topic now. Thanks Hemal for precising it. Being lucky and being talented are definitely two different aspects. Certainly, some people who do not have much belief in luck won't agree to it. Unfortunately, in India where people from all walks of life dwell, it is very difficult to have luck obvious with talent.

I have come across not-so-deserving people gathering enviable positions in the society just by chance or just by means of influences. That hurts me! Sometimes, it makes me feel that it is just a part of life Frown

LockSign in to reply to this thread