Which one among this you think as the best way to increase blog traffic.

Gopinath Gosavi
Gopinath Gosavi
from Bicholim - Goa
15 years ago
  1. Comment of other blogs
  2. Submit your articles to Social Media Sites
  3. Comment on online communities
  4. Bookmarking Articles
  5. Interact with blog commenter
  6. Write with a Consistency
  7. Submit your blog on Blog Directories
  8. Link to other’s Article
  9. RSS Feeds
  10. Be Patient

Indicate which on you think the top one to increase blog traffic and why?

My blog was getting daily 7-10 visitors daily for few couple of months. i was always thinking that how the other blogs were getting the daily 2000-3000 daily hits. i created my first blog only for enthusiasm and placed the hit counter only for fun, and was happy to see day by day increasing visitors. but that was not enough when i placed ads on my blog. as thousand impression makes count and in that only 1-2 clicks on ads you gets really make challanging to increase blog traffic.

Then i applied all above formula and what a magic my blog http://emails-by-friends.blogspot.com/ started increasing blog traffic from 7-10 visitor to 120-150 visitors in a month. if you see my blog my blog is just four months old, and page visitors i get daily is 120-150 approx.

Still anybody feels that any changes required in my blog, you are most welcome to suggest.

Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

@ Gopinath : I think participation and involvement in other blogs are the key to increase traffic

so my top 3 are as follows:

1) Intelligent comments with a trackback link

2) Sharing ideas through forums/discussions

3) Integration of the blog with the other social networking elements ( This should be done thoroughly and not just with one or two elements)

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

@ Choto : You have a very good point there .. SEO and content govern everything.. well said.. Inorder to get more info on SEO .. this topic should help

http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=81

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

@ Choto : Wow! Nice man and thanks for sharing! on another thought you seem to be the only one using a lot of images on the forum.. I actually never thought we could do that LOL

Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
15 years ago

@ Choto: Thats impressive. I would say all 10 mentioned are important. Just that they need to be given importance repeatedly at regular interval. Something like Google Analytics can give us enough information and help us do the right thing at the right time.

Rajat Arora
Rajat Arora
from New Delhi
15 years ago

The points outlined above deal with niche blogs very nicely. What if you have a personal blog?

You see, if you have a personal blog, where you write about topics that interest you, or that don't - then the best way to increase your traffic is by following other personal blogs and adding to their discussion. Make other bloggers 'know' that you are there. If you give out worthy comments, they will follow suit.

Unlike niche blogs, people don't visit personal blogs looking for information. They want to hear what you want to say. So the best way to increase traffic (or the better term is, 'readership') is to build relationships with fellow bloggers. Content is always the king. Write interesting content, so that an occasional reader comes back wanting for more. Be humorous, be witty, be smart. And yes, reply to each comment. 

Once you start getting into blogrolls of other bloggers, your blog is exposed to a variety of new readers. And good bloggers blogroll only those people whose blogs they find absolutely interesting. 

This is the basic, and a sureshot way of increasing the readership of your blog. Happy Blogging!

Alok Bhatt
Alok Bhatt
from Gurgaon
15 years ago

I completely agree with Choto,, content is the king....

Alok

http://myheartfeltmusings.blogspot.com/

http://reveda.blogspot.com/

Rajat Arora
Rajat Arora
from New Delhi
15 years ago

@Choto

The point is, when you stop caring for visitors, the quality of the content can go awry. It is a psychological factor. When you have regular readers, you have a certain amount of responsiblity for them - that drives you to fine tune the quality of subsequent posts. Isn't it? :)

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
15 years ago

@ Choto: "I blog to express myself " Nice very very very nice!!! I can see why you are so successful!

LockSign in to reply to this thread