Problem with Facebook Like Box

Meghana
Meghana
from Bangalore
11 years ago

My facebook like box which previously showed faces, suddenly started showing only like and send buttons(changed my template, can this be a reason?).. I tried adding new code, but now the new code is not getting saved... Even after saving the template, pressing Back button pops up with the message,"You have unsaved changes that will be lost".  Can somebody please help me with this??

Edited 11 years ago
Reason: Facebook Like Box
Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I dont see any like box on ur site.  What exactly is the problem.  Widgets do not cause a problem if you add them in layouts but if you had added it in the template edit button then they are effected. 

Meghana
Meghana
from Bangalore
11 years ago

i had added in the template edit button...Where can i find the f/b widget in the gadget list??

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Meghana,

Go to Layout -> Add a gadget and add the below code. Replace this part in the code - http://www.facebook.com/myyatradiary - with your own FB page address.

<iframe src="//www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?href=http://www.facebook.com/myyatradiary&amp;width=300&amp;height=248&amp;colorscheme=light&amp;show_faces=true&amp;border_color&amp;stream=false&amp;header=false&amp;" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:300px; height:248px;" ></iframe>

Do let us know if it worked. Smile

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Meghana it should work as Artijee has given above, I will only elaborate a litte go to layout > click on add a gadget > choose html from the gadgets list > and copy paste the Artijiee code replacing your own facebook page.

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Oh yes Meghana, you will have to choose HTML/ Javascript widget from the list. Thanks Vijay for pointing that out. :)

.. Also, my name is 'Arti' .. and, I love it that way. Smile

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Arti it kinda rhymes so put it that way sorryInnocent

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Even after saving the template, pressing Back button pops up with the message,"You have unsaved changes that will be lost"

Sometimes, even after saving, the messages '.... unsaved changes....' appears. You can safely ignore it. 

suddenly started showing only like and send buttons

The like and share buttons that are shown are for pages on your blog and not your FB page. They have been added by the template.

Follow the instructions given by Arti and Vijay. Smile

Meghana
Meghana
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Thank you Arti and Vijay, it worked...

@Ranjith: ya, i was wondering where did that come from... 

LockSign in to reply to this thread