Google Analytics showing 0 traffic

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Google Analytics is suddenly showing 0 traffic for me. Earlier it used to show around 100-150 and the various analysis. But from last 2-3 days it is showing 0. Anyone has any idea what the problem could be?

Replies 1 to 11 of 11 Descending
Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Google has changed its alogrithm for search but this is new!  Have you checked whethere the properties are linked to your site.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Google has changed its alogrithm for search

What is the relation between Google Search Algorithms and Google Analytics ?

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Did you recently remove any HTML/Javascript gadget? That could have contained the GA code. This is what I have done twice when trying to clean up the unnecessary gadgets on my blog.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

I have an extension installed in my browser which allows me to block Google Analytics on any website. ( I use it to prevent my own visits to my blog being tracked. ) Whenever a site has GA installed, that extension displays an icon in the address bar showing that Analytics can be blocked on that site ( as blocking is meaningful only when it is being used.) Visiting your blog doesn't display that icon in the address bar which probably implies that analytics was not set up correctly.

The tracking code contains the following lines :

var _gaq = _gaq || []; 

_gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-XXXXXXX']);

which I couldn't find in the source HTML source of your blog's home page.

Go to GA > Select your website > Admin > Tracking Info > You will see the message 'Status: Receiving Data' if GA is set up correctly.

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
11 years ago

(1) did u mean playing on the HTML field with keyboard's delete button? Innocent  

(2) generally, people go for the remove button on the screen ?

(3) in case 1 has been done, what he can do is upload the template backup.Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

did u mean playing on the HTML field with keyboard's delete button? 

I was talking about HTML / JavaScript gadget : Layout > Add a Gadget > HTML / JavaScript

Previously, I have put the code for the flags counter and GA in the same HTML/JS gadget. One day, I wanted to remove that flag counter. Forgetting that the same gadget contained the GA code also, I removed the entire gadget and for a few days, visits to my blog were not tracked.

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Looks like a good extension can you share it please and can it be used on Mozilla

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Here is the link to the Google Chrome Extension.

This extension exists for Opera and Safari also. Check out this page. Firefox is not supported.

One thing I liked about this extension is that there is no longer a need to mess up your HTMl template with too much code. One disadvantage is that too many extensions of this kind can slow down your browser. Undecided

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I changed my template recently. Could that be the reason?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Probably Yes. Earlier, you might have included that tracking code within the template itself. When you shifted to a new template, that tracking code was lost.

Include the tracking code once again and everything will be fine. Smile

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Thanks bro for the share, I dont use the extensions in the default browser.  I have kept a seperate browser for chcking the rankings etc. will use this one one on Opera.  

Thanks again

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

You're welcome. Smile

I liked the idea of using a separate browser for checking rankings all but I find doing it all the time.

But aren't you supposed to install this GA Blocking extension on all the browsers that you use? Innocent

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
11 years ago

No need bro, I check GA once every day for analysis and intelligence.  And regarding using of seperate browser, it really helps you to chek on the rankings and especially when there is a spam visitor.  Clicking a link from blogger will let the spammer know that you are visiting the site and he may spam you more.  copying the link in another browser which doesnt have similar cookies protects.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

But aren't you supposed to install this GA Blocking extension on all the browsers that you use? 

I check GA once every day for analysis and intelligence. 

But the extension I mentioned is used to prevent your visits to your blog from being tracked. Innocent

I am using Analytics and there is no change I can spot.. Though I am with self hosted WordPress along with analytics code pasted on my blogs header

Vishal Verma
Vishal Verma
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I Think You are a victim of Penguin 2.0... 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

TF is talking about his GA account not tracking visits and not about reduced traffic from search engines. 

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Nope TF, the problem is something else your codes show ga properties line 531 to 544

<script type='text/javascript'> var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-29093821-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = (document.location.protocol == 'https:' ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })(); </script>

I think it must be the properties.  Go to GA and Admin>Property settings check  whether both the options are pointing towards ur site.  

If dat doesnt work there is a contact us form in GA fill that up and raise a ticket

Vijay

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

TF added that code just now after creating this thread. 

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
11 years ago

@Ranjith if he has added it then also it should show details for past two days.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

I'm not sure if I have understood what you meant. 

Before creating this thread, the GA tracking code was not added to his blog. ( He probably removed it accidentally ) After creating this thread, ( and probbaly after reading my reply ) he added the code. That is why you are able to see the GA code in the HTML source of his blog. 

What do you mean by showing details for the past two days?

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
11 years ago

@Ranjith ok I got you now.  But is TF getting the reading now?  

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

But is TF getting the reading now?  

I think so. Smile

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Looks like. I added the code to the template just now. Hope that should be enough.

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
11 years ago

OK guys then problem solvedTongue out 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Tongue out

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Thanks everyone. Still it is showing 0. But the real time section responds to my visits.

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
11 years ago

(1) let it give at least 24 hours to populate the data

(2) Thanks to u too, some glitches got sorted as Google made GA smarter since my last visit.Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Still it is showing 0. But the real time section responds to my visits.

That is why the second thing is called 'Real Time' Tongue out

From this GA support page  :

Google Analytics generally updates your reports every 24 hours, so it can take at least that long for data to appear in your account after you first install the tracking code.

LockSign in to reply to this thread