"Don't Blog About Blogging" !

Anz Joy
Anz Joy
from Kerala
11 years ago

Hey fellas,

I'm into the field of Blogging.But it wasn't too long when i heard one of my friend [of the Indiblogger Community] suggesting that Hey Anz,you should Never Blog about blogging.Cool

The Quote was so beautiful.A creative ,and unique thinking from his part.After some days,thinking deep [A little research too] i found that he/she has got a point .Now being so admired by the quotes, i really would like to write a post on the Topic "Don't blog about Blogging"Wink

You see,i'm just against copying ideas from some other blogs.I believe in quality. So i thought you could help me come up with a Nice Post.Share your views.It  Doesn't matter for or against.I will compile them and publish them in my blog with your credits..

Kindly do help me out..Laughing

Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending

@Anz..

Who owns your blog ??

We or is it you ??

Go ahead and write what ever you want.. Blog is suppose to be your own free place.. If you think writing more stuff on make money online is good for your blog, then do so, as after all its your blog's niche..

There always would be two pools, and there always would be new comers and old guys..

We may know, make money and all that is boring since we are reading it since half a decade now, but like cartoon, kids are born, and they (here new bloggers) will continue to read and love Tongue out

Who loike Chota Veem stuff ?? but kids do, and we, fan of tom and jerry say, yawk..

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
11 years ago

To be honest, blogging is fun only if you enjoy doing what you are doing. If the sole purpose is to earn from blogging, why not start taking up freelancing project that ensures that you earn while working from home? Of course I love getting traffic on my blog and if I can get paid for doing something I love then it's even better, but I draw the line at writing something that appeals to the audience than me....I have a day-time job to earn my living....i write for fun and for de-stressing. Smile

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I think we should have more of this kind of discussions here.

It is an interesting point - Most popular blog posts are indeed about blogging. It is becoming quite a cliched topic. Everyone shoots out some 10 random tips for blogging.

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
11 years ago

The normal process is that a blog should be either influanced by how readers want it to be or totally opposite, how the bloggger wants it to be..

Here, a blogger wants to go in a direction where fellow blogger wants him to be ??? Surprised

Regardless of the topic though, which indeed infact a debatable topic as blogging about blogging Tongue out

Sherna Jayaraman
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

I second you TF.There shud be more of these discussions!

Rajesh K
Rajesh K
from Chennai
11 years ago

I used to follow blogs about blogging and SEO earlier, when I was a newbie. But now, I don't follow any of them, mainly because most of the blogs just rewrite the same thing in different words. There is nothing new. If you can add value to your content by adding something new or discovering/reporting something unique, there is no problem and people would love to read them. But posting content just for update purpose becomes boring for followers.

Aditya Dey
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Hmmm....."You may Blog About Blogging" ! provided you can add some values to thye overall blogospheres .....provided you can provide fresh, unique and interesting topics etc

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

There is no harm in blogging about blogging as long as the number of blogs that blog about blogging stays lower than the number of other blogs and as long as there are people who like reading the same thing again and again. Smile

Some three years back, I used to read a lot of such posts on many sites - some popular ones and some which showed up on the first page in Google search results. Now, when I try doing the same thing, I feel that there is nothing new which I need to learn. If it is now, I already know that that thing doesn't work. 

But still, one can still maintain a blog about blogging but for it to be successful, a lot of research is required for every single post.

Sherna Jayaraman
Sherna Jayaraman
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Coming to the point:Hell yeah, why blog about blogging duh!Every blogger has his/her own definition of creating their blog.

And that makes them UNIQUE

LockSign in to reply to this thread