Help needed: Feedburner to Feedblitz

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I have received an email from FeedBlitz saying that I am currently using its ad funded services and that my trial period is going to expire soon. It further says that once the trial period expires, FeedBlitz will stop sending e-mails to my subscribers if I choose not to upgrade in time? Innocent

I use FeedBurner and I dont remember making any accounts or doing any activity with FeedBlitz before. I Googled a bit to know more and I read something that FeedBurner is slowly dying out and FeedBlitz is the next best thing to do?

Questions that I need help with:

1. In the scenario where I choose not to upgrade to FeedBlitz right away, will FeedBurner continue sending mails to my subscribers or will my mails stop going out completely?

2. Anyone here facing a similar problem?

If yes, any helpful links / info to share? If no, any plans of doing it any soon? Kindly share your experience.

Thank you! Smile

Edited 11 years ago
Reason: Repetition
Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

I don't think that feedburner is related to feedblitz.

You are using FeedBurner and not feedblitz to deliver the e-mails.

Google Reader will be closed down on July 1,2013. ( link ) If you have subscribers who were using Google Reader to get your feed, then the subscribers count for your feed will go down. I see that you do not have the feed icon displayed on your blog, ( you are using the e mail subscriptions only ) so this would not be affecting you.

FeedBurner and Google Reader are not related. So, closing down of Google Reader will not stop feedburner from sending mails to your e mail subscribers.

Just go to your FeedBlitz dashboard and see if you have any subscribers over there. If you have none, then it means that you were just trying out new things! :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

From Aditya's reply, it appears that I was wrong in assuming that FeedBurner and FeedBlitz are unrelated. Sealed

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Thanks for your reply, Ranjith. I dont have a display feed subscription for google reader but I do have RSS subscribers (if that is what this means)! Innocent

About feedblitz, thats the problem... I was never there, in the first place. Undecided

Aditya Dey
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

1. In the scenario where I choose not to upgrade to FeedBlitz right away, will FeedBurner continue sending mails to my subscribers or will my mails stop going out completely?

Ans:- Yes, FeedBurner will continue sending mails to your subscribers. So don't worry, be happy.....

2. Anyone here facing a similar problem?

Ams:- I don't know about all, but some are having this, who had opted for feedblitz to deliver the e-mails as an additional try out.

I would just suggest you to make sure that you have a full back up of all your subscribers from the feedburner's account...Happy Blogging.....There are speculations that Google may dump feedburner in coming days, as it had alreday dumped adsense for feeds, which was one of the prior income source of Feedburner....

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

1. Yay! Happy, happy. Thank you! :)

2. Can you please tell me how do I take back up of my feedburner subscribers?

LockSign in to reply to this thread