Providing option to upload profile pic rather than use Gravatar

Elizabeth Joseph
Elizabeth Joseph
from Bangalore
11 years ago

There were several threads regarding the same request. Since they are quite old, I thought i will start a new thread.

I think it would be great to have an option to upload our own profile picture rather than use Gravatar. Indiblogger team can decide on restrictions if necessary on the photo like max size, frequency of change etc as and per requirement.

What are my fellow indibloggers' opinions regarding the same?

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Sherna Jayaraman
Sherna Jayaraman
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

i go with gravatar too, it works on many platforms, that's y i like it

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

I support this idea! And for users who would like to go with gravtaar, the option should be provided. A win-win situation for all! Smile

Were there any similar threads in the past? I can't recollect any! Innocent

Elizabeth Joseph
from Bangalore
11 years ago

This is a good idea.  There were few threads, but pretty old to revive.

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

I too feel the same Elizabeth... We should be able to upload our profile picture directly from IB edit profile page... Smile

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

True. Means of picture upload, as Ranjith and Anunoy da rightly pointed out, should be the choice of the IndiBlogger. IndiBlogger functioning independently would be great. Smile

Elizabeth Joseph
Elizabeth Joseph
from Bangalore
11 years ago

As Ranjith suggested, the users can have both options. Either use gravatar or upload their own profile pictures. 

From my personal experience, I rarely come across situations where I need to use a gravatar profile.

LockSign in to reply to this thread