Comment-Luv WordPress Plugin -- Is it SEO Compartible ?

Nandita B
Nandita B
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I always think of using CommentLuv WordPress plugin on my blog, but everytime I drop this idea. Is it a legitimate Plugin in the era of Google Panda and Penguin ??

Yesterday I couldn't controlled myself and installed the FREE version.

Folks, do you think this WP Plugin is good for Bloggers?

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: typos
Replies 1 to 11 of 11 Descending
Shalu Sharma
Shalu Sharma
from Patna, Delhi
12 years ago

I have been using this plugin. Seems to be working fine. You can have a look here. Feel free to leave a commment and see how it works. 

Nandita B
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks Shalu.

Jeet Dholakia
Jeet Dholakia
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I am using the free version on almost all blogs and not facing any issues with SEO or other thing, so must try Laughing

Nandita B
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi Jeet.

Thanks for the valuable info Laughing

Nandita B
Nandita B
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi Animesh,

I have enabled the Premium Comment-Luv on MoneyCTL.com, today only. You can have a try by leaving a comment.

Thanks.

Medha Nagur
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hi Nandita.

What is DoFollow?

Rajesh K
from Chennai
12 years ago

@Medha - There are two types of links - Do-follow and No-follow. Normal links which we give using the horizantal eight symbol are do follow links. Actually, when you link another blog/web-page some credibility is passed on to it. The number/quality of links help the web-page to rank better with search engines. But no-follow links do not pass such credibility. The link is still there, but the linked-site does not get any benefit. Actually a small hack in the link code can gererate a no-follow link. If you are using Blogger, you can directly do it from the link interface.

@Nandita - I don't think links from the comments are given much importance by search engines. So, comment luv plugin should not create a problem. I have been using the free version for a long time without any major issues. 

Medha Nagur
Medha Nagur
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hi.

I use the free version of comment luv on one of my blogs through intensedebate.com. Can you tell me if this is the right way to use the free version or is there any alternate method?

Thanks.

Shalu Sharma
Shalu Sharma
from Patna, Delhi
12 years ago

Hi Nadita, looks good. This plugin is the way to go as it rewards your commentators. 

Medha Nagur
Medha Nagur
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks Destinatio Infinity that was a lot of info on do-follow link.

Shalu Sharma
Shalu Sharma
from Patna, Delhi
12 years ago

@Nandita, I can see that you have enabled the premium version. Did you loose the previous comments made though the free version when you enabled the premium vesion?

Nandita B
from Mumbai
12 years ago

hi Shalu,

No, I haven't lost any past comments, after enabling the Premium CommentLuv plugin. Even I haven't lost the post hyperlinks created by the free version.

Everything is just fine.

Thanks.

Shalu Sharma
Shalu Sharma
from Patna, Delhi
12 years ago

Hi Nandita, so did you have to remove the the free version first and then install the premium version. What did you exactly do in order to keep the previous comments? This seems like a great plug, have you seen any increase in traffic?

Shalu Sharma
Shalu Sharma
from Patna, Delhi
12 years ago

Just want to update that I have bought the premium version. Seems like a good tool to use. 

Nandita B
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi Shalu, Congratulation!

Best of luck for a great blog with a great plugin :)

Shalu Sharma
Shalu Sharma
from Patna, Delhi
12 years ago

Thanks Nandita. After trying it out for a month, I jumped in for the premium. @Captain, there are some good features. Firstly the GASP/Twitter link is integrated so you use less plugins. Secondly, you can allow others do-follow attirbutes only if they have a certain amount of comments and if they tweet/like/G+ your posts. Basically you are providing some incentives. Try making a comment on mine and if you send it on the social sites you get more posts to choose from. Have a look on my site and try making some comments. 

Shalu Sharma
Shalu Sharma
from Patna, Delhi
12 years ago

Rohan, you don't have a wordpress custom domain, you cannot install this plugin, I think. 

Rohan Kachalia
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Ok. Might be coz even i tried many times to install plugin but in vain. Anyway Thanks. :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread