Worst Matchmaking Experience- Research for my Blog

deviousDiv
deviousDiv
from Singapore
12 years ago

Hi there,

I'm currently being put through the entire process of 'matchmaking' and have come across some really interesting (a euphemistic way of saying BAD) characters along the way.

But I want to know- am I the only one? What's your worst matchmaking experience? I'd love to hear perspectives from both men and women. I'm compiling a blog post on this- you know- just to make all of us feel better about it. :)

Best,

deviousDiv

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Sherna Jayaraman
Sherna Jayaraman
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Hi have you complied the blog post yet? If you require  inputs, do let me know!!

SaroSena
SaroSena
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Ok, so I've had a few matchmaking experiences. Some have been uncomfortable, but I'm happy to say I havent had any that have been horrible, thanks to my mum, who'd tell anyone acting weird to leave the house in a heart beat :) 

1. First fella came home and well we had the usual talk in private session. Ofcourse private meant we got to sit in the garden area, in open view of the neighbours and my mum and aunts poking their faces through the window. It was also followed in aptly timed interruptions of coffee, snacks and then water.. every five minutes, The fella himself was ok.. cept that he didn't seem to know what he wanted in life. Every question I asked him, his answer was anything. What's your favorite colour- anything. Do you like your job? I'm ok with it, it pays the bills. What do you want your next promotion to be? I don't know, God has given me everything, so what he gives, I will take. Ok and how many kids did u want to have: I'm ok with any number...!!! The only thing he had an issue with was when I asked him if he was close to his mum.. and then he had the world to say! Needless to say, it didn't go past that. 

2. This fella came in, and you knew that he didn't want to be married. And he was doing it as something of an obligation for his parents. His mum did most of the talking and well, she asked me things like if I wanted to work, and if not then why didn't I want to... and why I thought it was important to stay at home and be with the kids when she'd be there to take care of them.. and onwards, while the fella watched. I also found it very offensive that it was important for her that I work- a choice I think is up to myself and well the fella, AFTER we get married. 

3. Fella No3 came in and he was a sweet heart. The only problem was when he left, about 2 mins after he'd gotten in the car I got a message thanking me for the meet. And another message wishing me a good nights sleep. And one in the morning wishing me a good day. A missed call during my breakfast break ( I went late because there was a meeting, and didn't have time to call him back) and then 13 missed calls by 5 pm- (I work as a trainer, I can't answer cals in sessions and I don't take personal calls at work- on policy). By the time I got home I had 18 missed calls, and when I did finally call him back, I could swear he was a bit sweaty in  panic. And we spoke for a bit... and then I realized that he'd never let me talk! I asked him what type of food he enjoyed.. had time to go to the garden, stop my mum from watering the plants, bring her upstairs and then find him still talking.. without realizing I wasn't on the phone... and then mum listened to him for 8 minutes after and that's when the conversation had ended. 

4. Fella 4: Never met him, but on the day his family said they would come, they came in a mini van. With 11 people, and three kids. No groom. After telling us it was a quick visit, from just the parents to just validate that I wasn't a fake ad. 

5. Fella 5: rejected me because I told him I can't speak our mother tongue very well, and told his mum I said I can't speak it at all followed by his mum calling my mum and telling her that she was disapointed my mum lied to her about my linguistic skills... resulting in a huge row between mum and I over what I said vs what he'd said.. 

At this point we gave up! 

Stagg Mann
Stagg Mann
from Stagg Landd
11 years ago

This post= Epic win. Saro Sena I dont know why the hell you're posting this here and not on your blog. I wish I had material like this to write about!

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

@Saro - This might be the answer to your problem of traffic on Stephen's thread. Post this and you will see traffic shoot up to the stars. Something on these lines kicked off my blogging career 5 years back. Nearly used to get 1000 hits a day for a relatively unknown blog with no online presence on twitter, FB etc and no blogger connections. But before I became famous, unfortunately I found a girl and so my bride hunt series had to come to an abrupt end to the disappointment of all my readers and my traffic came plummeting down and do did my dream of becoming the next Chetan Bhagat.

Fayaz Pasha
Fayaz Pasha
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I would start with the last person and say Congrats to Animesh for the wonderful answer you gave.  Were they from the CBI or Income Tax Dept.?  

LockSign in to reply to this thread