Prevent copying of images from blog

Charan A.C
Charan A.C
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hi all,

How can we prevent copying of image from blog?

I know watermarking an image is a considreable solution.Watermark just ensures images are taken by us.Is there any other way out we can prevent images from copying/saving to local disk.

There are severa ways one can flick image from our blog.

1)save image option

2)open in new tab and save image(left click opens image in new tab)

3)drag and drop the image on desktop.

Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

no way out, you can find many blogs and softwares claiming that they can stop but at the end of the day , you cannot stop a simple Print screen command.

All you can do is Complain against them if you hold the copyrights for a pic

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

No way to stop because by google images, all images can be downloaded, whether you have disabled right click or copy paste, or any other manner. 

Also from mobile images are saved easily. 

One painting by my friend, is stolen and when I asked the person, he started laughing, we take images from net. Frown

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Images are generally flicked even by the press person, many have caught them in the act, and asked for compensation or acknowledgement too.  I believe it is a bane, anyway we got to live with it

Charan A.C
Charan A.C
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Have you people seen orkut recently.They have implemented a very good method.We cannot copy the image,can't even drag and drop the image.Yeah I know

print sceen is something unavoidable.Implenting orkut's methods would be great and  it would prevent our images.A good javascript geek must be able to do it.

remo@b'lore
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I wouldn't say, it is not possible to flick a picture off Orkut. Try with Firefox sometime.

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

@charan, yes.. and another javascript geek is all it takes to undo it too.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I agree. If one creates a Java Script to avoid it, then there will obviously be someone to undo it.Surprised

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Put CAPTIONS to your photosUndecided. Even if they are saved the caption will get savedLaughing. But Printscreen again will make it uselessTongue out.

Hmm! BTW Photos are taken so that they can be shown right? And if anyone takes it, let them naSmile. Whats wrong in it?Surprised. The words we use are from ENGLISH DICTIONARYLaughingCan the person who found out all that ask us not to use it?SurprisedNo na!! Then let it beSmile

Charan A.C
Charan A.C
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I doubt it can be undone because code I am talking will be embeded with blogger code.No one else can modify except the owner.You got to write a stand alone

script (need not be a java script) to undo it.For that you might have to take blog posts as input.No would take so much of pain to do it.Even if there is any other

way to undo it,then still it prevents a common man from lifting the pics.

Pooja- I think when you said caption you were talking about water mark.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

HmmmUndecided. why not add your name ON the pic?Surpriseduse PAINT or POWERPOINT and add itWink. It wil be safe na?

LockSign in to reply to this thread