Smilies :-)

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Thanks to the wonderful smilies of IB, we have people who always express one or the other feeling on their faces every second of the day. Well, the discussion is all about smilies and especially about the smilies on IB. I am not sure if IB has created the smilies all by their own but they do look quite different from what we find on other forums which often lack life. Undecided

• How much do you like to use smileys and which one is your favourite and why? And for what particular and peculiar Surprised reasons do you use them, if any?
  • Which ones do you like more, image based smileys or text smileys? (Not sure what they are called) [ Smile or :-) ]
  • What which according to you is the overused and underused smiley on IB? Any theories you would like to propose regarding them? Sealed [ Kiss ? ]
  • And, coming to your blog, do they have any presence on it? If yes, to what extent and if no, why not? ( I don't allow anyone to move away with a single NO and nothing more Wink )
  • What is the plural of smiley? Smileys or Smilies? Sealed Google SERP shows both of them! Surprised

An ocean of expressions: CoolCryEmbarassedFoot in mouthFrownInnocentKissLaughingMoney mouthSealedSmileSurprisedTongue outUndecidedWinkYell

Replies 1 to 13 of 13 Descending
Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I rarely use them Ranjith Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Surprised

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Tongue out

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
what's so surprising now? :-D
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Who said that something was surprising? Tongue out

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

lolTongue outYou only use "InnocentSurprised

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
u did Ranjith :-P
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

You could say that "Innocent" is my choice smiley, considering the yawn smiley isn't there Frown

Kirti
from Kharagpur, west bengal
12 years ago

the angel of death :P

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
12 years ago

i enjoy using these yellow faces... and my fav is perhaps----> Smile... simply because it's a master-key... and i love smiling...

:-) and Smile both are same appealing for me... most overused smiley i guess is ----> Tongue out [reason- we feel like kids while using it... honestly otherwise for what else?]

I don't find it nice to use them in my blog... but it doesn't mean I don't value them... just that they don't match with the air in my blogs....

cheers!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Kid! Surprised Tongue out

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

A smile a day keeps the doctor away Wink

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I agree with the "KID" partCoolLaughingTongue out.

@Deedi

Lets Rephrase it like A SMILEY A DAY KEEPS DOCTOR AWAYWinkLaughing.

TOO MANY SMILEYS A DAY MAKES TF JHI RUN AWAYSurprisedTongue outCoolInnocent

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Where is the smiley princess?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Busy with her exams Undecided

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

And then there are those who dont need any smileys to convey their emotions. Their words itself are powerful enough Smile

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
yeah Arti... like DS n me.. :-)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Arti Is that you or TF ? Sealed

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

HereLaughingLaughing.

As Ranjith saidWinkExams going onCryTongue out. Poor meFoot in mouth

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I think its both Arti Deedi and TFWink. Leo and DS alsoCoolLaughing.

Their words are enoughLaughing.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Sadly, my words go unheeded at times Innocent

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Its for TS and Dhiraj too. They never use smileys in forum replies. Dhiraj used one the other day but never seen TF do that ever. @TF Please use one na... once, pls Laughing

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Its for TS and Dhiraj too.

typo *TF not TS

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

@Arti, TS doesn't use many smileys either re. Innocent

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yeah, I dont like to use much of them!
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Will surprise you someday with a smiley, Arti. I am taking smiley lessons from princess and Leo.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Yush YushLaughing

Kirti
12 years ago

you forgot me leo?? :P

Ashwini
Ashwini
from Pune
12 years ago

I love image based smilies. They are Cool and look so cute Smile

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

AgreeCoolLaughing

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Overused smiley - Tongue out definitely!

Underused smiley - Foot in mouth

My fav smiley - Innocent it represents me quite well, i feel Laughing

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
nahi. two horns wala smiley nahi hai na. isliye aisa lag raha hai. that's all ;-P
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

lolzzzz!! We need a smiley for lolzzzzz as well Money mouth

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
and one for a yawn too. vy important. o_O
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Inditalk has the yawn smiley. I think that Renie did not want to make the forum a place for sleeping! Sealed

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
sad. :-P
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Agree with OVERUSEDTongue outBut Foot in mouth is not underusedSurprised. How can I ever let a SMILEY underused?SurprisedFoot in mouth

lolTongue out. Leo loves that YAWN smileyTongue outTongue out.

For lolzz I want =)) that smiley Sealed.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Poo, you use all smileys equally Innocent Arti deedi meant underused by her Innocent

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

HeheheheTongue out

I like showing my teeth, because, till they are intact, it's good to show off. When broken n gone, no use.:D
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
I pray u never go toothless PL. :-)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

None of the smileys have teeth! Sealed

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

lolTongue out. He doesn't use IMAGE BASED smileysTongue out

Thanks Leo,
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Welcome sirjie Laughing

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Well, finally comes a topic when I write a BIG ESSAYCoolLaughingTongue out.

• I Use Smileys A lotLaughingWink. Hmm All are my FavoriteWinkHow can I discriminate between them?Surprised. They will feel sFrownd if I do soCryTongue out. But still I LOVE TO USE Tongue outTongue outTongue out. Because its kiddishLaughingand makes every SERIOUS stuff look totally not-seriousTongue out. It also represents Mischevious and Naughty behaviorFoot in mouthSurprisedWhich I'm personified withMoney mouthYellTongue out. So yeah, Just loveeeeeeeeee the Tongue out smileyCoolLaughing.
  • Both Both BothCoolLaughing. Just Love SmileysKissEmbarassedWill use them in all the waysWinkTongue out. If only it was allowed in our EXAMSYellUndecidedCryEmbarassedTongue out. But, I think IMAGE BASED are more niceCoolLaughing. I love looking at the smileysLaughingCause they are like sooo CuteKissEmbarassedand make me SMILECoolLaughingeven though I'm going through a rough timeWinkSealedInnocent.
  • Hmm! Different people overuse different smileysWinkSurprised.If you take meSurprisedI overuse ALL SMILEYSTongue outCool. But I think "Tongue out" is the overused one here in IBSurprised.  Underused would be "Foot in mouthCryCry Poor "Foot in mouthCry. My proposal???Laughing. Use SMILEYS in all your repliesTongue out. When it is done, every smiley would get a chance to be FEATUREDCoolSealedMoney mouthLaughingAnd none of them would be underusedWinkLaughingEmbarassed.
  • YoYoMoney mouthOfcourse naWink. Me and My BLOG love smileysWinkCool. Though I don't use them in all my postsSealedCoolLaughing. If it is a POEM or a STORYSurprisedUndecidedI don't use smileysYellCry. But if is another other thing, like Rambling or some Random PostSurprisedYellUndecidedthe posts would be filled with SMILEYSCoolLaughingFoot in mouthTongue out.
  • I really don't knowCryUndecidedFrownYell. I Don't CareCoolFoot in mouthLaughingMoney mouthTongue out. But I always use SMILIESWinkSealednot SMILIESSurprisedTongue outYell.

Lets see, who dares to COUNT ALL MY SMILEYSCoolLaughingSurprisedMoney mouthTongue outInnocent.

Ocean of Expressions??? SurprisedUndecidedYell. I think I just Flooded IBInnocentCoolLaughingMoney mouthFoot in mouthTongue out

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Uff. Its ANOTHER in the 4th PointTongue outnot Another otherCryTongue outSurprised.

In 5th point I ment SMILEYS the first time I used itTongue outTongue out

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Too much.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

LaughingFoot in mouthTongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Pooja 112 (+6+3)  smilies! Cool

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Look closely, Her smileys when connected paint a picture of its own Innocent

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

How much time did you take Poo?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Heart! Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

By the wya, did Pooja realise it? Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

She must have wasted a lot of time before the exams spreading smiles, expressions and all that she could! 

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@Ranjith

Really?SurprisedSo many?Surprised

@Arti Deedi

HeheheTongue outI didn't know thatSurprisedTongue out.

@Mohi Dii

SurprisedWhat how much time Di?Surprised I took 3-4 mins I guessUndecidedLaughing.

@Ranjith

lolTongue out. I got 3 days till my next exam so easily wasting timeTongue outBut it just took 3 minsWink

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Only three mins, I would rather take one min. at least to see, which smiley is perfect. Smile. I can use only :) and :( and :))

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Practise makes man perfect na Dii?CoolTongue out.

Anyways, you belong to those categorry of people Whose words are enough to convey feelingsLaughing

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Poo, you are really great...realized so many things, Gennext so fast...

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Me and Great?Surprised.

*Faints*Foot in mouth

*speechless*

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

lol RitvikTongue outLaughing

Tulika
Tulika
from Pune
12 years ago

Hey I love smileys too.. but obviously as much as Pooja. :-) In fact my major grudge with blogger is that it doesn't allow for those yellow ones. Or does it, and I don't know? They're just so expressive and so very sweet. The yellow ones definitely are for me however I make do with the other ones when I can't get the yellows. BTW - that yawn smiley is the cutest.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

HeheheLaughingTongue out.

Yeah, Blogger doesn't allowCry. So SadCryFrownCry.

Agree with your PointCoolLaughingFoot in mouthTongue out.

(:| Tongue out

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Yawn doesn't work. sadly.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yeah, I would love to see faces in blogger too, miss them so much.

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Depends on my mood, though I used to use many smilyes while chatting, but now, I have promised to be matured, so I try to be serious, but nobody likes it...Laughing

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

What matured? Innocent I can still sense the child in you... the smiling flower and I so like it very much Smile

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Matured? Who? You? No way CoolInnocent

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Lol, I know, I can't be Laughing . Tongue out

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

lolTongue outDii and matured???Surprised.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

yeah.. Dii and matured? Surprised

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Tongue out

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

It's like breaking news, mohi di and matured......Tongue out! kabhi nahi..Surprised

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

OK Arti, it's nice to be childish, espcecially when traffic police stops, the maximum possible innnnocent face. 

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Cool First choice Smile Second Tongue out Third

Kirti
Kirti
12 years ago

i honestly dont bother opening this emoticon thingy in my indi forum comments and insert smileys all over for two reasons- its a waste of time anddd its a waste of time :P

but sure, i do ':P' soooooo often, it has become my trademark of sorts. i do this tongue out wala smiley everywhere- my blog, gtalk, text messages. so much that my friend once asked me- tera jeebh hamesha bahar kyun rehta hai re? :P

so text smileys for me than the image ones :P

and i like to use smilies where they are relevant :P so my blogposts do have them. one or two :P

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

text smilys can be entered with the typing flow, I love them much...:)

Antara
Antara
from Kharagpur
12 years ago

Most used is definite  - :P

Tells a lot about me doesn't it! :P

Atleast this smiley helps in making comments which are supposed to be taken lightly (and without the smiley everyone, really everyone, will take it seriously).

Kirti
12 years ago

especially those who dont have a sense of humor :P ppl so dont understand sarcasm these days; it makes me wanna weep *tears* :P :P

Antara
from Kharagpur
12 years ago

Exactly. waise tu mat bol...who didn't understand sarcasm this morning? ;)

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Not so meaningful threads do generate a good number of replies SurprisedSealedTongue out

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

They doTongue out

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I mean, IMPORTANT questions are not answeredCryTongue out.

Didn't mean to be rudeSmile

LockSign in to reply to this thread