Have you been a Blog Savior?

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

When we are drawn into this blogging world, we find ourselves reading a lot of blogs, making new friends, and reading them with much interest.

When suddenly, one of the friends decide to leave blogging, we feel sad.

Have you saved that friend's blog by convincing them to stay, even if intermittently blogging? Smile

Replies 1 to 9 of 9 Descending
Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Okay. I'm passionate in what I do, be it writing or reading. And when someone says of quitting, I do try my best to get them back. Smile and have kept some friends in their blogging passions by not leaving them to quit completely. I do it when I feel it is the addiction that they love. If I don't see that passion in them anymore, I think it'd be sad to let them stay, and watch a lifeless effort on their behalf Frown

never met any, who wanted to quit. Smile 

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

People quit for various reasons.

1. Professional and personal commitments

2. Person gets book contracts etc. and does not want to share works free of charge

3. Person has run out of material to right. He/she has finished whatever he has to say.

If it is for one of the reasons above, it might good for the person to leave blogging.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Incidentally I myself have considering quitting or at least disabling comments or making blog private. If after 4 years you don't have at least 20-25 dedicated readers who only come because they like to read what you have written, then one tends to feel possibly it is not worth the effort. Though you see around 200 hits daily, you are not sure if they are genuine people or some spam site. Most comments are from other bloggers who just want you to read their blog. They won't return unless you reciprocate by commenting on their blog. What reason can you give for a person to stay back under such circumstances? That you would regularly read their blog? That would be more like sympathy. And sympathy only serves to erode a blogger's feeling of self worth.

I would say a blogger knows best when to blog and when to quit. No one needs to make them stay. Except maybe hasty decision taken based on highe emotions during a single incident.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Your blog is very rare. The maturity in expressions, I really like.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks, Mohinee. Do look forward to seeing you more on my blog. And of course I should also be visiting your blog more.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

By the way, whenever I have considered quitting, I have won some contest and that has encouraged me to stay back. 

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

HeheheLaughingThank GodSmileWhat would we all do if you quit?Surprised

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks, princess. If I had quit, no one would have scolded you for missing the Bangalore meet. (I think I am supposed to put some smiley after this statement. Don't know which. )

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
either the tongue or the angel halo one would be appropriate Tf. :)
Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

To be truthfulSurprisedI had kind of quit BloggingUndecided.

If you check my blog you'll see that there were no posts for around 5-6 monthsCry.

My brother was the one who made me come backWinkLaughing. I used to write poems and hide them in my bagTongue out. He  saw that and was pleasedSurprisedHe asked me to post it on blogSealedAnd I followed his wordsLaughing.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Good brother Tongue out

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

hehe, Convey my thanks to your brother, I got little sister coz of your blogging. I also used to hide my poems in a bag....I used to think what people will think about me!

Even on posting every poem I get a bit worried, and wait for reactions. I have still kept hidden the haikus.....

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Haiku. Yell the plural, of haiku, is still HAIKU itself, Mohinee Tongue outYell

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Big brothers are always very sweet Cool So nice of him to get you here, otherwise we would have missed such a sweet, always smiling and cheerful, Indifamily member Wink

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Smiling is not sure.. Tongue out smileying maybe Innocent

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

HAIKU - @Leo, I will write five times before going to sleep...haiku Tongue out.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Write 5 haiku instead and publish it on your blog Laughing

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

True leo Tongue out

@Mohinee Hi.. hows you?? Good student you are Laughing

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

@Arti.. yep Tongue out you try haiku too. Btw, I really love that Ganges picture of yours. used it again for a story. Laughing

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

5 haiku at time? it will be too much for me. I will spend whole night counting syllables...

Arti, thanks I am doing great...espcecially when I am here on Indi.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Me and haiku.... Laughing You try photography Innocent

Ganges picture.. Really! WOW! Cool Will check it out! That picture is really v.v. lucky for me! I love it too!! Smile

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

@Arti, I have tried. I love it too, but capturing my neighborhood on Android technically doesn't count I feel. Cool

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yes, yes Mohinee.. when are you publishing your first hailku? You have to write, come on.. on popular demand Cool

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

@Mohinee, all night good job only. Cool besides, I think you'd have fun. 5 kar lena pleasde Smile

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

@Arti, the story is named, In Unseen Places. Smile do check out. and yes, that photo is very gorgeous!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Ah, there is so much beauty around... sure it counts, and I am sure they would be great! IDo post it sometime, would love to see them Smile You know that Ganges pic is taken from my mobile..

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

@Arti, yes.. she is on popular demand for a haiku! 5 haiku actually! tonight Innocent

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Ok Leo, thanks and will surely see that story Smile

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@Mohi Dii

HeheLaughingSure SureTongue out.

Same PinchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhLaughingBut you have to post nowWinkAll the POEMS in your bag has to be postedLaughingCool. Hehehe!

@Leo

HheheheLaughing. You have put that in Haiku Heights as well na?Wink. HAIKUCool.

@Arti Deedi

HeheLaughingYeah they areKissEmbarassed. AwwwEmbarassed

Even I like the Ganges PicturesCool. You are awesome at photography too DiWink. I have travelled only twiceCry. Will have to post about itUndecided. But then againSurprisedI'm afraidUndecided. Have to post this in Leo's threadTongue out.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Which thread of mine? Innocent And yeah, have put in Haiku Heights too.  Smile Mohi dii is very afraid of haiku re Tongue out

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

What's your biggest fear in Blogging? Tongue out

I was afraid tooEmbarassed. I have put in my first post only that "If it is wrong then please let me know"Tongue out

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Yes yes, but you posted na Tongue out Mohi dii has been afraid since February 1st, or even before that. Tongue out We've been after her to post haiku. She's very shy in three liners I guess Innocent

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

OhSurprisedI didn't know thatSurprised

Gayathri
Gayathri
from Chennai
12 years ago

Yes I have tried but they say they are busy with other things and do not find time to blog. That simply means that they are interested in it anymore or enjoy doing it anymore... so I let them go.. because if you have the passion for doing something you will definitely find time.. :)

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

"are interested" or "aren't"? Innocent

Gayathri
from Chennai
12 years ago

aren't ... :|

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
oh ok. then cannot keep them interested. too mammoth a task for any!
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Tongue out

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I think I was one of those who wanted you not to quit blogging when you were thinking of doing the same.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Innocent point taken, and thankful for good buddy. Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Leo, am so glad you did not quit! I was so worried when I saw that your profile had been deleted from Indi.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Err.. that was an accident. I didn't quit then.Smile

I didnt know a new Indirule that if lone blog is deleted before adding another one, my account would be deactivated Innocent

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

In my complete journey of blogging, I have seen many a friends leaving blogging and its really painful to see people go out, especially those that you feel connected to...

When I had joined blogging, there were 3 of my close cooking blogger friends v. actively blogging in those days. Now, they hardly blog and oh..how much I miss them now. I have told this to them often, I don't know if that motivates them but I try my best to bring them back because one thing that really hurts me is to see someone I adore.. leave..

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
that really would sting. I've watched that happen. even the one who.got me to blogging stopped n I couldnt bring him back...
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

TrueCry

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Many of my friends are not active, Deepak, Geeta, Monu...but I couldn't convince them, becasue they are very busy in their life, we hardly get time to contact even.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Busy-ness is quite difficult to conquer and become savior. I know that part. Been through that...

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Really

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Yeah really! One of my good friends before just became so inactive after she got a job. Another lost interest after marriage. Some things are just more important I suppose.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Completely agree with Leo, people do lose interest sometimes and the pain of missing them is so much to bear...

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Way too much at times, esp. if you get very attached to their words.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

true leo, true..

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

It's really sad!

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Really!