The Colloquium Blogjam: Free Publicity + 1000 INR Flipkart Voucher up for grabs

Anubhav
Anubhav
from Chennai
12 years ago

Do you have opinions on current affairs or issues of public interest?

Do you blog?

The Colloquium, IIT Madras is giving you an awesome opportunity- to popularize your blog posts, and be rewarded for it! 

THE COLLOQUIUM BLOGJAM

HOW TO PARTICIPATE:

1. WRITE A BLOG POST on any issue or topic of public interest which you find interesting ,and which you feel is worth discussing on The Colloquium Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/thecolloquium

2. POST A LINK to the blog-post on our Facebook page by midnight, 31st March.

3. GET PEOPLE to "like" the link on our Facebook page, and, more importantly, get them talkin' about the issue or topic in your post by commenting on the link.

RULES:

1. "Entry for The Colloquium Blogjam" should be prominently visible at the beginning or end of the blog post along with a link to the Colloquium Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/thecolloquium.

2. Each post will be judged on 1st April based on the popularity score: Popularity score = (10*(number of people commenting on the link)) + (number of "like"s on the link)

3. The moderators word on the relevance and quality of the blog post is final and binding. Links to blog posts which the moderators feel are not relevant, or which are offensive, would be deleted.

4. Comments on the link which are offensive, or which are not related to the issue or topic being discussed, will be deleted.

PRIZE : Flipkart gift voucher worth Rs 1000 /- for the winning post...

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Minor changes to Rules
Replies 1 to 9 of 9 Descending
Anubhav
Anubhav
from Chennai
12 years ago

For more details visit - https://www.facebook.com/events/208460689262205/

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I don't like the way Judging is doneUndecided. I have 500+ friends on facebook and some of them have FRIENDS just for the sake of these competitionsSurprised.

I can write a totally USELESS post and WINYell. Not my typeUndecided. No real competition if you ask meUndecided

Anubhav
from Chennai
12 years ago

Pooja - Firstly, thanks for your reply. With regards to your concerns: "The moderators word on the relevance of the blog post is final and binding. Links to blog posts which the moderators feel are not relevant would be deleted." We will ensure that totally useless blog-posts are deleted. Ditto for comments (so a comment saying "AWesome Post!!!!" would be deleted and would not be considered while tallying the score).Having said that, the competition is meant to test the ability of the bloggers to write a popular and thought-provoking post on a topic of public interest in the above mentioned subject areas. It's also meant to test the authors ability to incite discussions with his posts (hence the higher weightage for number of people commenting on the post). Looking forward to your participation in the Blogjam! :)

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hmm! Now it is clearLaughing. It sounds good nowWink. Lets see if I can participateLaughing.I hope I canCool

SAMEER
from Bangalore
12 years ago

:)

Kirti
Kirti
from Kharagpur, west bengal
12 years ago

what is the last date to submit?? i dont have a FB account. and cant open it until 26th...

Kirti
12 years ago

ohhh 31st march i see..

Kirti
Kirti
12 years ago

and this is not fair yaar. if i open a FB account say on 26th and post obviously till 1st april i would hardly have 10-15 friends!! that means i am out of the competition already!

Anubhav
from Chennai
12 years ago

@Kirti - Sorry. You have to be a facebook user to participate, but the people "like"ing and commenting on your link need not just be your friends. 5-6 days might be a short time, but you can never say when a post or a link will go viral! :)

Kirti
12 years ago

true :P lets see. hoping to join in  :)

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

but what if people like and comment your link on your website. Because that really  tells that people read it. Will those count?

Anubhav
from Chennai
12 years ago

Unfortunately, we can't use comments and likes on your blog as a metric, simply because it's not possible for us to keep an accurate and transparent count of the number of likes and comments on your blog (or the blogs of other people) during the competition. During this competition we'll only be using the score based on the likes and comments on our facebook page as a popularity metric... (It's also the standard format for most such competitions)

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

hmm, yes it was a metric but when facebook comments were not embedded in websites. Looking at current times when facebook comments are seamlessly integrated with blogs etc i would suggest you take that into account :).

Come on you are IIT, if you cannot do it who can?

Anubhav
from Chennai
12 years ago

:D Thanks for the feedback, and we will keep trying to improve the scoring metric, but given the fact that the competition's already started, we'll probably continue with the above mentioned metric for this iteration of the competition...

Kirti
12 years ago

how come IIT kgp doesnt have these kind of contests... my 16 years of life in here is wasted :P

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

@ Kirti Are you studying in IIT Kharagpur?

Kirti
12 years ago

i LIVE in IIT kharagpur. my father works here...

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Seems to be a good from IIT Chennai.  Let me see whether i can face a relevant topic

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Anubhav
from Chennai
12 years ago

Please post the link to the blog-post on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/thecolloquium). Also a link to the facebook page should be present at the beginning or end of the post (this is also advisable because scoring is based on popularity of your link on our facebook page).Best of luck for the competition!

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Already posted ANUBHAV

Anubhav
from Chennai
12 years ago

Thanks! :)

Anukriti Sharma
Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
12 years ago

Sounds interesting... Would love to participate! :)

Anubhav
from Chennai
12 years ago

Looking forward to your entries people! :)

Anubhav
Anubhav
from Chennai
12 years ago
@Bloggers - Please note: Your entries for Blogjam need not be "new" posts written specifically for the competition. If you already have blog posts which fit the bill*, feel free to submit those as well. Happy Blogging! *(Old posts would have to be edited so as to comply with the rules - check event description for details)

LockSign in to reply to this thread