Drop down Sub Menu in Blogspot

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Was looking out to implement this feature in my blog. I already have the Menus/categories in place below the header. I would love to organize it further with drop down menus for the relevant categories like --

for eg. Holi, Diwali, Ganesh Chaturthi could be the sub-menus under the main menu "Festivals"

Tried googling for it but no help now that the blogger interface has changed Cry

Any help highly appreciated Smile

Replies 1 to 14 of 14 Descending
Sujoy Das
Sujoy Das
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Dear Arti can you pl tell me how you were able to put the headings in blogpsot like Festivals Photography etc I want to do the same for my blog which is also blogspot thks a ton Sujoy 

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks @Sujoy for putting forth the query here. The trick is-->

(New Blogger Interface) Dashboard -> Pages -> New Page -> Web Address ->

Page title: The heading you want to be shown.

Web Address: The address when you click on the label (for eg, for your blog-- click on 'Himalayas' from the category list and take that url).

---> Save.

In this manner, any number of pages can be added under the header and a page will show all the relevant posts under a particular label. If you still need further clarifications, pls do let me know Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thanks for this Arti, I might try this out too:)
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Your blog looks great with those categories at the top!
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks DS. Yep, try it.. do not delay it any further :)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
A bit busy now. Will try it out certainly.
Pratik Thorat
Pratik Thorat
from Kalyan
12 years ago

http://www.mybloggertricks.com/2011/11/61-hot-drop-down-menus-for-blogger.html

check out these article really there are lots of dropdown menus which you can use.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks a lot Pratik for the link. They do have a lot of menus made up. But I was actually looking to add the drop downs to my existing menus, that I have right now on my blog retaining the same formatting. That link does have something on those lines too, but again its done with the old blogger interface, cant understand much from it.. :(

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

An awesome thought DiWink. I'm sure someone who knows will let you knowLaughing

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks Poo Smile

Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
12 years ago

Yes I guess I  am thinking on the same lines too....

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thats great! If you do manage to get it right, do let us know the 'how to' here so that we can follow the same...

Sujoy Das
Sujoy Das
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Thks Arti

will try and out and let you know how it goes

regards

sujoy

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Most welcome :)

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Arti good information on a new feature, i have configured my blogspot according, thanks for the same, i dont know how to configure drop down maybe this feature will be made available

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yeah, I hope so too.. Umeshji Smile

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

After The Fool's review I have been planning on having those headings on my blog. I already have pages there. But as they say, woman proposes and God disposes. One or other thing has stopped me from changing my blog. Now time for exams and so it has to wait until May. 

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I understand Faridaji, it happened to me also. But in my case, it was my sheer laziness.. took such a long time to implement this page feature. But feels good to have finally done it, all credits goes to TF, it was his review that led me into doing it. Now for that drop down, will try. Anyways, All the very best for your exams Faridaji Smile

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Arti just check out Team G square he has categories which is fantastic way to create a drop down menu, i hope i too will be able to configure something on this lines.  Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Will def. check out, thanks again Umeshji

Sujoy Das
Sujoy Das
from Kolkata
12 years ago

It worked very well Arti.. tnks a ton

cheers

Sujoy

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I am really glad! :)

Neeraj Rawat
Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
12 years ago

@Arti

Using the tutorial at myblogger tricks you can do that,if old interface is the concern you can swith to old look I guess,I switched to old look few days back as I dont like the new look

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thanks Neeraj for chipping in. Will try as suggested.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I dropped the idea of drop down menu, since there is warning in case of faulty incription it might lead to misfunctioning of the blog itself.  Being a non techie i did not want to risk it.

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Umesh, I can help you if you trust meSmile

Neeraj Rawat
Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
12 years ago

@Umesh

Even for the same reason I havent played enough with mine till the time I exlpore html,css,js on my own but I dont have time.But you can do one thing you can create a test blog with the same theme and experiment it there but again you need enough time for that

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yes, I am thinking of getting started with this experimentation in a day or two.

Neeraj Rawat
Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
12 years ago

@Arti

That is great then others including me will be taking tops from you.If you wanna learn html css itself

http://www.w3schools.com/

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I tried but this dint happen. Switching to the old layout and then copying the code from a site also dint help. Plus there are issues of browser compatibilty and so on Innocent So, I thought that I did better stick with whatever Blogger is offereing right now and wait for it to introduce new features.

Till then, a workaround could be Drop down combo boxes as Umeshji has suggested in his above reply. Dhiraj Shenoy's - Team G Square blog has that feature, if anyone is interested in implementing it, pls check it out. It will help categorize your post neatly in suitable sections.  Looks good to me and I am planning to go for that myself.

Thank you for all the help, I will be here again if any guidance is again needed Smile

LockSign in to reply to this thread