Writer's Block!! Ways to come out of it

Raowords
Raowords
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I have heard a lot about a writer / blogger facing brain drain. Have any of you faced it and what did you do to over come one.

Would be useful for me and many others. It would be a fantastic learning for all the new bloggers.

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Small tweek
Replies 1 to 9 of 9 Descending
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Depends on the type of blog. If it is a purely personaly blog, you can check out Pooja's 10 day challenge thread. Things like that can help. If it is a literature blog, there are various prompts such as Blog-a-ton, Blogeshwar, 3 word Wednesday,  Thursday Tales etc. that can help you write something. I don't think tech and travel bloggers should face writer's block as they write based on trips undertaken and new technical information come across.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

He didn't mention my blog, he mentioned my THREADTongue out. BTW I agree with him for BATCool. I love itTongue out

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I agree with TF's pointSmile

you agree because he mentioned your blog :D :D :D i caught you red handed :D :D

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

He didn't mention my blog, he mentioned my THREADTongue out. BTW I agree with him for BATCool. I love itTongue out

Subhorup Dasgupta
Subhorup Dasgupta
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

This is a common problem for all writers, great and fledgling, and there are differing views on how to deal with it. While some suggest just letting it be, others have a host of writing triggers that can get you back to the desk again. You may want to read this article on how to deal with writers block that provides some ways of getting out of this situation.

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Give yourself some time off the blog and write only when you crave for it. Enjoy:)
Aashish Sood
Aashish Sood
from Delhi
12 years ago

Well I start reading books and stories and what no. This generally gives me some new idea to write about!

Observe , Think and read a lot !Depeds on the type of blog you have, if it is personal.. you can blog daily experience :DTECH ? can update specificationsSocial ? Just read the news paper ! USEFUL THREAD :D 

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I go through a couple of my older posts or browse through photographs.

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Oh, just forget that u r in "block" and write a different kind of post than what u r normally used to. 

If its because you're not getting a topic, then I agree with TF's view. Lots of places to try and spur something out of ur muse.

i would try to write about random thoughts coming in my mind. Soemtimes one thought would not be connected to the next one....something like stream of consciousness.

then writing book reviews is another method i use. Wink

LockSign in to reply to this thread