How division of states have destroyed environs ?

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

There are numerous examples of deforestation, building of hydel projects, sand mining, refusal to pay up loans, etc.  These are the few major cons of division of a state.  Huge rows on water sharing is another major controversy one has to face once state is divided.  Recent reports state that forest cover in Meghalaya has been eroded by 50% no wonder rainfall in Cherrapunji has been reduced to a trickle.  I am afraid with division of UP, sharing of Ganga waters would lead to great conflicts, Telegana division would result huge financial liability of govt financial institutions.

Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

During my travel i have found large scale destruction in Sikkim, Bramhaputra belt, Coorg, Ooty, Mount Abu, i am sure Uttarakhand too is facing the same fate.  It is better a constitutional amendment is passed no more division of states.  Any demand for further division would be treated as sedition against govt of India.  What do you all say guys ?

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

I agree with the point Sir! This is all destruction because, after division of state, there is possibility of govt.s of differernt parties, which create different clashes, policy changes too.

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Mohinee primarily the destruction of the precious forest lands and water bodies for sand mining is the cause of environ degradation.  Plus rapid industrialisation for generating employment and revenue is another factor.

LockSign in to reply to this thread