Corruption begins with Nursery school admission ?

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

The CNN IBN expose reveals that corruption in the form of accepting donations in cash begins from nursery school, as much as 50 k to 1 lakh is being collected in form of cash by the school managements.  I personally feel that whatever is being collected should be collected in the form of cheque or DD and accounted for.  Secondly the amount paid for should be published in annual returns.  Finally the process of admission should be transperant enough.  It is strange why there is shortage of seats in primary when all the professional courses seats are in excess ?  Debate guys

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
Tony John
Tony John
from Kerala
12 years ago

After we moved from USA, we have been visiting a lot of schools for admission for our kids. In Bangalore city, it is relatively easy to get to private schools because there are lot of private schools here and the fees is pretty high in 5-Star schools. However, if we are looking for admission to reputed schools with reasonable fees, it is almost impossible to get to the schools. We find the real challenge when we decided to move to Kochi where the number of schools are really limited. I have been calling and visiting several schools in last few weeks in Kochi for admissions and nothing has worked out yet. Most schools have a formal admission test for classes above LKG and many of the schools have it one the same day making it impossible for us to apply in more than 1 school. And there is no guarantee that the admission will be purely based on merit even though they claim so.

I really wish there was Common Admission Test for schools in the city/state and the results are published publicly.

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

This problem is very high in Delhi followed by Mumbai, Bangalore and Chennai.  

A lot has to be done. And should be, too. But no respite in sight.
Tony John
Tony John
from Kerala
12 years ago

How many of the schools call it donation? Most of the schools I approached call it "Admission Fees".

LockSign in to reply to this thread