Old Indirank Vs New Indirank - Which One Do you Like??

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

This new Indirank seems to kind of irk me and does not motivate or excite me as much as the old one did.

When everyone (well almost) gets in the 80's, then the prestige or the joy associated is not that much. In the previous avataar even getting in the 70's was a big achievement.

Going through the Indirank thread, no one these days seems to drop, which is good but... well, not that good!!!

I would love the Indirank to go back to its previous image, that was so unpredictable and also much better than the current version!!

What do others feel? Which one is better, Old Indirank Vs New Indirank??

If most of us feel the same as me, then we can request Renie to change it to its old version!!

Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I like this one (for now). Can we wait for a few months before going back? ( I got no Google pagerank for my blog right now )

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

No one in the world can be claimed to be clever than you! Surprised

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Where are you Ranjith these days??

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Where else but in Roorkee. Tongue out

I log in regularly, atlaest once every two days but I haven't made any replies, thanks to the slowest connection that I have ever worked on... And also, I though that I had other important things to be done. But now I wonder what those things were and if I have done anything that important. Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

By the way, have I made an appearance after too many days?

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yeah!! You here after a long long break!!

Thats what I feel! Are the first sem results out?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Yes. Managed to get a CGPA of 8.95. It would have been much better had I got similar marks in mid terms as I have in the final end term exam. Trying for a better CG this time....

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
So you are a nine pointer!! Thats just great:)
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Leo, but this rank is boring. Everyone is in the 80's, no one dropping...
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I'm in 70s, DS. I wouldn't like a further drop right now Tongue out

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

@Ranjith, oh well. if it works, well and good na? Innocent

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Think long term Leo. Also I am in the 80's, but it just does not feel like that. Because every second Blogger is in the 80's too.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Erm. I got my PR. all willing to go to the old era of challenging Indiranks Cool

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
This is great Leo! But lately GPR too is going bonkers!!! It fluctuates too often.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

... But not as often as the previous IndiRank. 

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Indirank for me is more than just a number. I like it more because of other reasons. As long as the indiblogger team is not scrapping it entirely, i am really fine with any version. But i agree with u on the unpredictability part.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Need to accept with you. After all, what we need is a number to look at and smile.... Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Where is the happiness when all are in the 80's. Earlier, to be ranked in the high seventies or early eighties, it used to be a proud moment but now good ranks are given on a platter.
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yeah, a smile does more good than a number generated by an algorithm. And it also lasts till the next rank is out :p
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Ds, the question you asked in the first line has the answer too. People do feel happy seeing such high numbers. But, still i do agree with your concerns.
Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I never knew the old versionSurprised.

So, I can't actually say anything about this topicSurprised.

But I can say this. I didn't join INDIBLOGGER to get my blog rated, my main intention was to find other writers and get inspired. It also helped me to improve my English and I got good readers.

So I don't mind how INDIRANK is given as long as there are people who would be willing to point out my mistakes and help me to improve.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Glad to know that you weren't a victim of heart breaks arising out of unpredictable ranks.... Laughing

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thats true Pooja. But these ranks do inspire and motivate us, dont they?? And completely agree with Ranjith!!!
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

@Ranjith

Hahahaha!!!Yeah! Thank god ;)

@DSYup :). They do! 

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

If your question is about the version which I would like to see, then my answer would be the version which would rate not just SEO and traffic but something that would be capable of rating our content and talent too, but there there doesn't seem to anythink as such on the offer by any of those ranking systems out there, either the new opne or the old one would mena the same to me. But as you and Arti have pointed out, the unpredictability of the previous ranks is what everyone generally enjoy, even if the rank dips a lot.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
To be able to judge content you need respected and highly talented people. Softwares and Programmes cant do that. So you too liked the older version??
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Yes, even I liked the older version.

bhai, i am still in 60's,

pahle hi 75 pe the  hum, ab to 50 60, yehi iska domain hai

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

you are growing young day by day Tongue out

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
P, something might be wrong... Whats the moz for your blogs?
Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

Hope that he doesn't turn into a baby soon... Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

.... by obtaining an N/A rank.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

so here goes ranjith with his double comments Wink

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

LOL. remember the serial Potalee baba ki?

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Hehe! Yes, I do remember that serial Ani:)
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I also liked the older rank. It was almost impossible for me to cross 80 but now I have crossed 80 but so have almost everyone else. I think Moz rank depends on how many comments you leave on other blogs etc. I don't feel like visitng lot of blogs and leaving junk comments to improve my Moz rank. I am thinking of forgetting ranks, SEO and just keep writing for some time and then think of a new self owned blog and from there build fresh. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

I think that moz rank is similar to PR but with a greater precision.

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I think its just a number. I never cared or worked towards it. What matters me is when i am talking to others and if they are motivated by this, i am just happy :)
Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

I feel happy if I get good rank, doesn't care much if I don't get!

But more importantly, improved the writing these days, diverse topics and very focussed, so getting more matured and rare readers, this makes me happiest than any other thing!

I feel like No. 1 rank when the right message is reached to right person, especially in case of poems!

LockSign in to reply to this thread