CB Series Cricket (Closed Thread)

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

This discussion, about the 2012 CB Series Triangular between Aussies, Lankans and Indians, is now closed, as the series is concluded.

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Just
Replies 41 to 60 of 106 Descending
Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Team India are not playing as a team itself. There have been sparks from the likes of Kohli and Raina in the field, but that's not been consistent through the opposition's innings. Vinay Kumar, who bowled well first few matches has been targeted after that, conceding 6RPO atleast. Irfan too, whilst picking wickets has touched or exceeded 6RPO. But I agree with MSD when he says that it's the batting which hasn't clicked. Viru especially, and to an extent, Sachin too. Gambhir has been the best of the three (formal) openers, and I expect him to play both the coming matches. It's all well & good to experiment, but to put the (somewhat) in-form player out would be suicidal.

This team perhaps: Tendulkar, Gambhir, Kohli, Raina, Tiwary, MS Dhoni, Rohit Sharma, Jadeja, Ashwin, Irfan, Zaheer.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Where are the bowlers in that team? Relying on Rohit, Kohli for bowling is very dangerous. Even Jadeja is not that good.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Which bowler has performed, DS? Not many. But yes, I didn't think that way.. Leave out Jadeja then, and bring Vinay Kumar or Umesh Yadav.  but I wish to see Tiwary play.. it was Rohit's turn to play traveler in the test series, Tiwary should get a chance.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I am all for playing and giving a chance to Tiwary but play 5 bowlers. Playing just 4 is asking for trouble. We saw what happened when Raina and Kohli bowled the last two Vs Sri Lanka.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

OK. Tendulkar, Gambhir, Kohli, Tiwary, Sharma, MSD, Ashwin, Irfan, Vinay, Zaheer, Umesh/Praveen/Rahul Sharma (I dont know if Praveen/Rahul is Injured)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I think Zaheer is injured. We can play PK and Rahul both. How about this team - Sachin, Gautam, Kohli, Tiwary, Raina, MSD, Ashwin, Rahul, Praveen, Irfan, Umesh.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
We will have 5 bowlers plus Irfan, Ashwin and PK can bat too.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

That's good.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Finally we Agree:):):) You really like that team? I mean no changes?
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

No. That's fine by me. It should either be Rohit Sharma or Raina. one of the two. I favor the former, but nothing against the latter.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yeah! Both have played similarly. Very little to choose between them.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Yes... very little to choose between how poorly both have played Innocent

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thats the unfortunate part!! This is so good with you active here:) Hope you are at least half active tomorrow of what you are now!!
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I unfortunately will not be active much tomorrow during the match, as I am going to be at the movies till 1PM atleast.. will be active post that, if the match isn't over by then Innocent

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Hopefully it will still be alive by then!
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Amen!

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

To take a rift to public is fine. Air the dirty laundry, and get it out, I say... but what morale boost does it give the team when it comes DURING a tournament? esp, when the two players involved are the captain and vicecaptain? MSD and Viru are what made the news today morning. There was a big fire in Bangalore's biggest market, but the local news, rather than airing the news of that, was running a special called "Viru v/s Dhoni"... In a way, it has helped. I was getting bored of the "India are not doing well" drama that was unfolding since that loss on Wednesday to Sri Lanka.

1. SRI - 15 pts with +.43 NRR
  2. AUS - 14 pts with +.32 NRR
  3. IND - 10 pts with -.72 NRR

Scenarios for India:

1. Win both matches, assured spot in the finals. 
  2. Win big v/s Australia, get 5 points, go to second (daunting, seeing their form). Even a loss to Lanka, would still keep them in second then, and pray Lanka defeat Australia too. 
  3. Lose to Australia, but win against Sri Lanka with a big margin, and also hope Aussies can win against Sri Lanka with that same gusto. (But getting an in-form Sri Lanka to drop NRR like stone from the sky is even more daunting than option 2)

A loss to Australia tomorrow would all but end their miserable tour, I feel. Now its Sydney on Sunday..

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yeah! Their linen are dirty after almost 3 months there and they are washing it in public now. Its sad, the way things are panning out. Really Sehwag not knowing what Dhoni is saying in media just shows what is going on...
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Its almost impossible for India now. But there is still a slim chance to make it. Lets see what happens tomorrow.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Sad state that.. with the Asia Cup around the corner, there is talk that no senior in the side will be considered.. no Sachin, MSD, GG, or Viru. they were tipping Kohli to be the captain...

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Where you read that?
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Not read, it was a news show I think.

Raowords
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I think it would be a close call between Raina (chamcha of MSD) & Kohli (Much natural leader)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
lol, news channels are not to be believed. And Kohli has lots to learn before he can become the captain.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Perhaps, but I think a wholesale cut of the seniors would be in order. Everyone gaining their place on REPUTATION not FORM.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Team selection for the Asia Cup is on the 1st I think.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Yes it is on 1st. and I don't want to see Sachin's name in that if or not he gets that elusive one in the next few matches. It's high time he left ODIs, and put the team's fortunes ahead of his personal landmark, and it's high time the selectors put the team first too. Let BCCI take a leaf out of CA book and implement a rotation policy that keeps the balance right, and still gives oppurtunities to bring the youth.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Agreed!
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Finally people have realised that Sachin has become burden of the team , rather than the inspiration/motivation  of the team

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

He inspires the players and motivates the team, Dhiraj... but alas, his form has been woeful. And it is not right to wait forever for that one hundred.

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Australia bat first. Clarke is out, Watson is back and as a captain!
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
India team - Sachin, Sehwag, Gambhir, Kohli, Raina, MSD, Jadeja, Irfan, Ashwin, PK, Umesh.
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
A maiden over to begin proceedings by PK!
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Watson goes! This is a good start by India:)
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Forrest too departs PK de-forresting him!!! But Warner seems the danger man, he is hitting them well.
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
How is your Movie going Leo?
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Movie was good DS. Late return, but dont seem to have missed any excitement anyways.. Frown

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Mike Hussey run out!
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
India require 253 to win. They are 67/2 in 12.3 overs. Sachin and Sehwag gone.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
88/4 now. Kohli and Gambhir gone too. Dhoni is playing his regular game 0 from 7 balls.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Its all falling apart for India. 90 for 5 as Raina pokes meekly to the keeper. I am afraid this is all but over. Dhoni is there but he cannot perform miracles...
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
WONDERING why DHONI does not play like this in test matches... 2 off 20 balls!!
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Dhoni's batting is just zzzzzzz.... When he came to the crease the Required Run Rate was 4.8 Now its 7.2
Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

114/6? Seriously? MSD 14 from 47? Is something wrong with Cricbuzz today? Innocent

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
You back! Which movie?
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Woman in Black.. :P "Almost" horror movie.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

But answer me na, DS.. am I seeing things, or is MSD going slower rate than even Test cricket can find agreeable? Innocent

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thumbs up or down?
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

It's a one time watch :) No loss of money..

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
About MSD see my replies above!!
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I saw your replies, I'd tagged this thread to get mail updates.. I just wanted to confirm that MSD was actually Mega Slow Dhoni today :P

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
And he goes now! Boycott would be chuckling seeing this!! People used to bash him for slow strike rates. Dhoni makes him look exciting!!
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

In current strike rate, I hail Mr. Tendulkar.. he atleast tried to keep a decent one.

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Never mind.. MSD is gone. LBW!

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

DS, when I was checking udpates earlier, I was certain I saw Aus 104/4 in 22 overs or something. We couldn't keep them in check, AGAIN?

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Actually last ten overs we bowled magnificiently. We just gave away about 50 runs, 47, if I remember correctly.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
But yes in between the time you have said and the last 10 we bowled rubbish!
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Sad. I thought that it'll be over by the time I get back actually.. in our favor.

It is nearly over now anyways, but not how I thought Tongue out

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
lol! Sad tour comes to end, well almost.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
By the way, Asia Cup selection is preponed to 29th now.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

No almost, DS..  the NRR would be too down with such a loss to Australia.  To hope Sri Lanka get BIG losses is an extreme option I think.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Selection of team you mean?

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yeah! You are correct. The tour has ended. Only one match left now. Hopefully Tiwary, Rahul get a chance.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yes, selection of team for the Asia Cup.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
These two are atleast looking out for runs. Dhoni just blocks himself putting everyone under undue pressure. Just blocks, can try for singles atleast.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

yes I know.. not a boundary in 50 balls nearly? its not the Dhoni way.. why put himself and team under pressure? especially in a MUST WIN match.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Might not hit a boundary but singles, twos... No urgency on his part, this new style of his is just bad.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

no. bad is an understated word.. call it as it is.. "useless".

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yeah its that, useless.
Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Ashwin out.. can the BOWLERS save us with their BATTING?

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Sehwag got 3 wickets! So bowlers can get runs today!!
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Pathan out. 1 wicket more and its (almost certainly) ALVIDA INDIA.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Hope we see changes now. Its been a poor series.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
All over.
Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

OK.. Focusing on a not so recent past, when Team India's interviews after test loss said, "We'll do well and the 4-0 whitewash in the tests will be forgotten. These are the same fans who cheered us when we won, now why don't they support us when we lose? Losses are common in cricket."

Is such  a series of losses "common"? Will they still hide behind the excuse that "We are World Champions", when they played like an associate nation? If the Asia Cup performance is more "better", will this suicidal tour be put back as a torn page of the notebook? And most importantly, will BCCI Selection Panel still continue to put reptutation over form and keept the team unchanged for the matches in March?

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Rather than Asia Cup, I am more worried that with IPL all will be forgotten. I know you will tell me why bring IPL in this but...
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
We must select young team for Asia Cup. Sachin, Sehwag must go. Gambhir must open with Rahane. Then Kohli. Also give players like Pujara, Rayudu, Saurabh Tiwary a chance.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Also Badrinath.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Nope. I'm not gonna ask you. It's OK. I pray Tendulkar, Dhoni, Sehwag and Jadeja be rested against Sri Lanka. It's as good as dead rubber, and it's a match to give the youth a chance. I want Rahane, Rahul Sharma, Rohit Sharma and Tiwary in.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

If it is form, and team over person, even DHONI should go out of team for Asia Cup with Sachin & Viru.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Is Rahane in the team for Australia? I dont think so.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

OK.. Parthiv Patel then. I'm certain he is.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Who would be our keeper then? Parthiv, Karthick, Saha or Uthappa??
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
For Asia Cup, I meant.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Parthiv, or Uthappa. That'd be fine. But if you go on picking Dhoni coz he is captain, and has a good reputation... then this ODI WALL that he's become will hamper our chances in the Asia Cup too.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
lol:) ODI WALL, I like it :)
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Chal bye Leo! Good you came to share some sorrow!!
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Oh ciao, DS.

Raowords
Raowords
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I am excited to see the show-down at the airports and disgusting reporting by our news channels

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

But will there be one?

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

There will be, most probably!!

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Doubt it, DS. Even media have dozed off seeing MSDs batting Innocent

Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Ha ha @ Vinay . He has been slow through out the series , except for the his last over heroics in match v/s Aussie . And his strike rate for this series is below 70 .

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

LOL :)

Hopefully the team will wake up from its slumber tomorrow and will include youngsters!!

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Good luck to them then Cool when they win BIG, I'll be the first to jump out of my seat in joy. (even though I'll be at office, in a meeting. Innocent)

Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Point is not youngsters v/s seniors , but it should be b/w performers and non performers .

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

You are right Dhiraj!!

Rahul Sharma and Tiwary should atleast be given a chance so that we can see wheather they are performers and non performers :P

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

In this case, it is potato potahto DS2 Innocent coz it has been the seniors who are non-performing most of the time.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

And Leo can't come on Inditalk coz it's very slow from my Android. Saw the ping though Cool

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Ohk!! Thanks for that update :)

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

When the opposition has 14 players including umpires, how can India win, David Hussey's decision was ultimate goof up by two of the best umpires in the world of cricket.  He should have been given out obstructing the field.  Sachin's decision benefit of doubt can go to Bret Lee.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I think both the decisions were correct. Hussey was just protecting himself, it was an instinctive reaction from him. The law states clearly that you can be given not out if you are not genuinely stopping the ball to get out.
Kirti
Kirti
from Kharagpur, west bengal
12 years ago

are people still watching cricket??? i think we should shift to some other game :P :P

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

phir dil do hockey ko? Innocent

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Good one Leo! Yes, we are still watching NS:)
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
So match Vs Sri Lanka tomorrow. IF we win by bonus point tomorrow and then Sri Lanka lose to Australia then we go through the final (though we dont deserve to be there).
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Nope. We have to defeat Sri Lanka by BIG margin, and hope Aussies do the same.. coz even with bonus point, India and Sri Lanka only TIE on points. India NRR is -.89 and Sri Lanka is +.43 DS.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Its not on run rate Leo. If we win by bonus point vs Sri Lanka we would both be on 15 points. Now if Australia also defeat Sri Lanka then we go through because in league phase, we won two against Sri Lanka and they won only one against us. Run Rate does not come in picture!!
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Oh is it? Then okay. Good luck to the Men in Blue then :)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Its a long shot! Very long!
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

People are still discussing cricket ! Heights ! I thought everyone had decided to move on to hockey.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Er, we did, TF.. but cricket still forms part of discussion Undecided

Kirti
Kirti
from Kharagpur, west bengal
12 years ago

you ppl would be welcomed in my cricket crazy mad house :P

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Yeah. Lots of madhouses like that in this country Innocent

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
LOL@ NS and Leo :):):):) The other day, that tied match vs Sri Lanka I watched the last 10 overs at a paan ka galla, by the 45th over, it had become a mini theatre with about 60 people screaming and shouting!!!
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Yeah, can imagine that, DS Cool

LockSign in to reply to this thread