CB Series Cricket (Closed Thread)

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

This discussion, about the 2012 CB Series Triangular between Aussies, Lankans and Indians, is now closed, as the series is concluded.

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Just
Replies 1 to 20 of 106 Descending
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Its going to be a tough series for us. Sri Lanka are coming off a tough series against South Africa, the Lankans chased over 300 in the last two ODI's against a tough African attack. Australia are coming after giving us a nice trashing. We are coming off a whitewash with serious pressure on our players. Lets hope the newer players add some cheer and enthusiasm.
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Dint read the rest, since pehli line me hi atak gayi Tongue out

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yeah! Its those kind of days for us. I cant say, we are the favorites!! Even though we are the World Champions!
Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

What is needed is a fresh mindset I feel. Sure, our two opponents are coming after morale boosting victories in recent matches.. But if we keep our recent past in the back of our minds (for now) and focus on the ODI task at hand, I feel we are as tough to beat as any!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yeh hui na baat! Cool

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Which baat? Innocent

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

The First sentence Tongue out And the last one too Laughing

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Yes yes. Good baat that Cool Now we need the Indian players to believe in those two baats with all their heart, and play like that second baat Laughing

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Wish our players were as enthusiastic and exuberant as you Arti!! I agree with those two baat's too!!!
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
My team for first T20 - Sehwag, Gambhir, Raina, Rohit, Kohli, Tiwary, Dhoni, Jadeja, Irfan, Ashwin/Rahul Sharma, Umesh
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Should we play PK? I dont think so!
Vishal Kataria
Vishal Kataria
from Thane
12 years ago

Wonder why this loss of motivation in the Indian team. SL will come strong; beating them will do India's morale a world of good.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago
I hope the team faces a whitewash here also and people lose intrest in the game and focus on better things.
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Australia 135/3 after 15.4 overs!!

Pathan not playing still!!

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

We need 172 to win!!

What say guys, how will this pan out??

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Depends on 6 batsmen and Ashwin. Its chaseable.. but Aussies having Lee and Hogg today who are more restricting bowlers...

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

They also a couple of new bowlers who we have not faced before - Xavier Doherty and James Faulkner!!!

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

True.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Sehwag goes!!!

Dhiraj Shenoy
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

We lost .  I think they have decided not win a single match in Australia , Good for them .

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
What was DHONI doing? I mean, yeah, there was a collapse, but why did he not go for a win... 48* off 43 balls is just not good enough!!!
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Now he can defend saying that he scored runs in T20 .

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Pathetic display from him. Not good at all. Not to mention Sehwag, just drop him for sometime and let him sort out his problems.
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I think we should stop playing cricket for at least 3 months . Let everybody take rest . Have different  selection committees  for selecting teams for different format and adopt proper player rotation policies .  One thing is for sure after World cup victory they haven't played any series properly or seriously . 

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Not sure of this, but right between this tour, there is an IPL auction na?

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Its on saturday I think.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

So.. wonder if Team India is gonna practice at the nets on Saturday, or at the TV?

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
We bet!!
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Why to bet? They won today :P Tmrw either TV or Gokarting.

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Dhoni at the presentation ceremony "There is a tomorrow. We thought it will rain in the second innings." Cant understand when that TOMORROW will come!! We have been in Australia for the past 1.5 months. Yet to remotely win anything.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Wonderful retort, don't u think? :) He's right, there is a tomorrow. And it might rain in the second innings of that tomorrow too, DS. Let it come na :P Atleast, Dhoni is getting better in the reason finding after each match na? ;) 

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yeah! Thats one thing they are getting better as the tour has progressed!!!
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Waiting for tomorrows reason.. (Hopefully, the change will be that he'll say the reason we won was.. etc.)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I have a nice reason for him... He can say that T20's are for fun and the real TEST (How Ironic) will be in the ODI's!!
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Dint need that reason.. though a 8 wicket victory seems a tad slow when it happens in last over. 8 from 18 balls and still taken to last over is a tad unlike T20 dont u think? Innocent

Raowords
Raowords
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Most people hadn't looked at how pathetic Dhoni was performing for last couple of years, he had played well in one or two matches other than that he was getting credit for others efforts. Change the Coach, after new coach has taken over the team is trying to reach the bottom, which was once occupied by it.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Its the players who perform in the middle not the coach. Have the batsman forgotten how to bat??
Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

OK. 2nd Match T20 Today.. Changes afoot? I say Irfan in for Rahul Sharma, and Rahane for Sehwag. These two might happen...

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Finally we won today. Not surprising that Jadeja was outstanding. He is in the player auction list scheduled for tomorrow. Anyways good result.
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Ha ha ipl auction magic works . Now you the trick, use wisely .

Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Now you know the trick , use wisely

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Trick? Oh yeah. IPL auction before every India match Cool good idea.

Too defensive a batting for a T20, but still, good result Smile

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

T20 has changed the fortunes of Indian team, as it is IPL auction is a lollipop for the aussies.  I feel they must have underplayed in this match so that crowds don t dwindle in the tri series. Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I dont think that the Aussie team underplays, EVER! They were and still are RUTHLESS.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Nope. If any team underplayed, it was India. 20 overs nearly completely taken for 132 chase. even when it was 8 from 18 balls at one stage.. no way Aussies underplayed.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Oh. Umeshji into heroes list Cool amazing!

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
We lose again. Abject with the ball, bat and in the field.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I dont think they were that good, DS Tongue out I found the most hilarious to be Ashwin's runout and Rahul Sharma's bowled Cool

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
What about Raina falling to the short ball again or Jadeja's bowling figures!!!
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Ipl auction is over , Indian team woes are back .

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I think they panicked once a few wickets went. Normal, but till Ashwin's runout, I was hoping they could salvage it.

A positive out of the match: Vinay Kumar's bowling. 7-0-21-3 was a good effort. best of the bowlers..

Also, I don't understand Dhoni's reasoning that first two wickets hampered the chase.. Gambhir and Tendulkar were big players, yes.. but Kohli, Sharma, Raina, Ashwin and himself, all are good players.. T20 players.. surely they should've not been hampered. India lost Tendulkar and Sehwag in the WC final, and they still won the match, didnt they? Surely they should have treated this match in the same respect?

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
In the World Cup Final there was a lot of dew and the Sri Lankan bowlers could barely grip the ball. Otherwise chasing 280 in a world cup final would have been much close match than what it was. Vinay bowled well, yes, does that shut the door on Irfan? Why we are playing with just 2 fast bowlers?
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I'm not talking of the field conditions then and now, DS. Just the mindset. Two go down then, the middle order, knowing its a home crowd and a final, held strong and won the match. Here, two go down and the middle order, knowing its away and first match of the long tournament, buckles. Even MSDs commetns after match. "Its only Game 1, and long tournament. We've to first get to finals and then prepare". Shouldnt Game1 be equally important, and preparation happen well before getting to finals too?

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I wait for Ashwin's press conferences. Really!
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

The one day loss with the absence of Shewag seems to be justified result.  I am happy that Dhoni has taken a bold decision to drop Shewag, it is bound to have some ripples in the team later.  My logic of having three different teams for three different formats seems to be closer to realty now.  I have been harping on it for some time now.  It is but natural when you have all seniors in a team than ego clashes are bound to occur.  Sponsorers are stating that players are getting burnt out due to excess cricket.  A professional is bound to play cricket day in day out, that is why they are paid a fortune.  Take for example Jadeja who is reported to have been paid 29.6 crores out of which majority has gone into the kitty of BCCI.

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I don't understand the logic of Jadeja being valued at $2M by CSK. Nor $1M for Vinay Kumar by RCB. Too much money game. Umeshji, the three different teams looks like happening, but consider the options? Even when RD, ST, VVS retire, their replacements are from Kohli, Badrinath, Rohit Sharma, Raina, Rahane etc. who are arleady in the limited overs teams.. There are talented players from local sides.. Manish Pandey, Robin Bist, Deepak Chahar.. all are good. If experience is needed, Vineet Saxena too is an option. Yet all arent picked. Even for the tests, they HAD Rohit Sharma, and A. Mithun.. and Rahane. but still, the tried and tested is always preferred.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Vinay i feel the time has come of cricket pundits and experts who run the game to think of breeding gutsy cricketers.  I have been recommending Gladiator type of cricket, either you hit or start getting hit.  T20 and Classic form of cricket should be for professionals and One day and Test cricket for amateurs who are not in T20.  For example Robin Uttappa who is rejected in T20, can easily fit into One day.  If Manish Pandey is suited only for T20 than let him be retained in that format.  The time has come for rotation policy among seniors too.  If RD is play than ST should be rested in a test match.  Similarly VVS too should be rotated.  This will ensure stretching their careers in test cricket and giving a chance for budding youngsters like Rohit Sharma, Raina and others

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Oh I agree with the rotation policy you are suggesting to phase out the seniors. Letting Sachin rest while Dravid plays etc. Uthappa and Pandey to phase in is also good, both are form players, along with the likes of Saxena and Rahane and Badrinath etc.  Keep the players suited for the forms playing in that form. Agree, 110%. I've seen your thread on the G format you recommend too. Whereas I agree that it'd breed gutsy cricketers, I am with Arti and DS when they say nowadays, it won't be feasible much. Even if it was, I'm a non-violent person by nature.  And by choice, I certainly would not watch.  

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Vs Sri Lanka tomorrow at Perth, WACA. What should be the team? Here is mine - Sehwag, Sachin, Kohli, Raina, Rohit, MSD, Irfan, Umesh, PK, Rahul, Zaheer/Vinay.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Looks good.... Sehwag, Sachin, Gambhir, Kohli, Rohit, MSD, Ashwin, Irfan, Umesh, PK, Vinay would be mine. I think Ashwin is better pick, coz he can lend some (even if less) batting prowess to the side. I feel Gambhir ahead of Raina, coz Raina succumbs to short balls easily, and Perth is pacy track. I pick Vinay ahead of Zaheer, because he was the best in the first match. I dont think he should be dropped and not given the chance to continue that form.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Sehwag has said that India will rotate the openers. So two of Sehwag, Sachin and Gambhir will play. Raina will not be dropped. I agree on the Vinay part. What about Irfan, hope to see him in action soon!
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Mahela wins the toss and elects to bat first. Zaheer and Sehwag back. Rahul and Gambhir miss out.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Sri Lanka going for an all pace attack. Malinga, Kulasekara, Prasad, Perera, Matthews!!
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Any score above 250 is difficult for this Indian team to chase .

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Ok, we win. Though we bungled up the chase and nearly lost. Positives - Ashwin bowling, batting. Kohli batting. Fielding was energetic. Zaheer looked fit after a long long time.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Another thing. Sachin looked good again but looks disoriented by that 100 thingy. Its gripped his system completely.
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Good for Indain team

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Hope they carry the confidence in the next match against the Aussie's on sunday.
Raowords
Raowords
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

The best way to let sachin score a 100, is by arranging a match against Kenya/Bangladesh/Zimbawe/Ireland

Raowords
Raowords
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

India's best Batsmen are the Bowlers

Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

ha ha

Pratik Thorat
from Kalyan
12 years ago

for this seasonWink its very true.........Laughing

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

so we can give more bowling to the batsmen? Innocent

Kirti
from Kharagpur, west bengal
12 years ago

LOL!!

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

So, if what Viru says is right, and they're changing the top 3 to rest etc, this Sunday, it is the turn of Sachin to be rested right?

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Might be.

LockSign in to reply to this thread