CB Series Cricket (Closed Thread)

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

This discussion, about the 2012 CB Series Triangular between Aussies, Lankans and Indians, is now closed, as the series is concluded.

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Just
Replies 21 to 40 of 106 Descending
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
So Australia won a thriller against Sri Lanka by 5 runs. Now match Vs India tomorrow.
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Match was really a thriller , wish SL could have made it .

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I was impressed by Sri Lankan fight back against Oz, they lost by just 5 runs, this type of fight back is what makes cricket interesting.....they have gone right upto to 10th wicket.  Smile

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Match begins in about an hour:)
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Sachin rested. Australia bat.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
India caught amongst FORREST fire. It will be tough to WADE through this... Australia 150/3... Looks like 300 is on the cards.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
All the HUSSEY (laugh) being wiped off indian players faces...
Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Ok. Target for the Men in Blue is 270. A tough ask, considering they nearly lost out chasing 232 against the Lankans. but a good fightback to get them to this score when at one stage, they were looking like getting to well over 300. Can the batsmen come up trumps?

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yes, good last 10-13 overs. But as you say chasing 270 will be a tough task.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Decent start. No wickets down. 7 overs, 37 runs.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Sehwag goes. India 52/1
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Kohli goes now. Indian 100 up.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
India need 91 off 90 balls. Gambhir and Rohit out. We can still do this easily. Dhoni and Raina at the crease. Jadeja and Ashwin to follow.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Dhoni preparing for the next test series. 2 off 15 balls, ridiculous.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
This is nail biting stuff!!! COME ON
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
What is MSD doing? Playing dot balls in the second last over.. Aarghhh
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Win Win Win
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

win win win

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
But begs the question really, why does Dhoni play like that? I mean we could have won with singles. But he kept on playing dot balls. At the end of the day, we won, but it could have gone horribly wrong.
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yay!! We won! Great going Team India!
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Match vs Sri Lanka tomorrow. Will Sachin play? Who will he replace? Will Irfan get a chance? Hope its a good close match:)
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Sri Lanka win toss and are batting. Sachin back, Sehwag rested. Zak out, Irfan finally gets a game.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
What a match! Got lucky to watch the last 7-10 overs at a paan ka galla :P I love ODI's :) :) :)
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Sri Lanka vs Australia tomorrow :)
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Sri Lanka absolutely thrash Australia and get the bonus point as well!!!

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
The tri series is wide open now. GAME ON :)
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
India vs Australia tomorrow :)
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Australia win toss and bat. Sehwag not playing. A catch dropped already.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Dhoni again trying to take the game to the 50th over!!
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
10 an over required now. Powerplay taken. Dhoni tees off! A six and four and another 50.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Dhoni goes. Played a test knock. Last formalities remain.
Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

India lose.. diasppontingly.. giving Aussies a bonus point too..

Questions asked... why wasn't Ravindra Jadeja in bowling attack? Injury, if so, how come he batted up the order? and why Ashwin wasn't there? How come MSD playing like he has forever to win it? 288 was a huge target, wasting balls and getting pressure on himself and the rest, is that strategy?

Also, are we taking only losses personally? When Kohli was caught low to the ground by D.Hussey, there was quite a lot of people on Twitter and Cricbuzz etc who said it was "cheating"... I saw the wicket on TV.. it was clean I felt too.. if ur playing badly, I think we can say, yes, that was poor shot, or good bowling by the opposition.. I don't find any onus on blaming umpires that it was because that one decision went against that the team lost.

India made mistakes too.. Wade being dropped on nought for e.g., and Tendulkar's dismissal... giving Doherty a chance to catch him when he'd dropped Kohli one ball before... even Sharma's also... Disappointing game, overall.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Dhoni plays in a way which puts pressure on everyone. He makes easy chases difficult by playing a test knock, other players get out, he throws his bat at the very last moment and with loads of luck sometimes manages to get the team over the line and steal the limelight. Kohli has a severe psychological problem, kid just cant handle failures or for that matter success, always over the top reactions, always abusive. Dont want to see these qualities in our so called future captain. Sachin needs to retire from ODI cricket as well, he seems well past his sell by date.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Kohli + captain = misfit. Atleast, if this is what we're seeing of him.

Dhoni.. I don't know why he's playing that way.. esp chasing a target at over 5.5RPO, and finding his team in trouble.. taking it to last over doesn't work every time.. limelight, let him have it.. as a player who stepped up to the plate throughout his innings, not just the last throw of the bat.

Kirti
Kirti
from Kharagpur, west bengal
12 years ago

i saw the scorecard of Indian batsmen in today's match. 'pathetic' doesnt even cover it.

such a tragedy for me- Indian team- na looks, na performance... 

sigh :P :P

and i missed Lee bowling today!!

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Lee bowled with fire and passion which our bowlers severely lack. A 20 something Ashwin looks lethargic in the field while 35 year old Lee dives and swoops everywhere, just a natural athlete.
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
India vs Sri Lanka tomorrow. Dont know who will captain, is Sehwag fit, whats the morale with Dhoni missing... Tough game.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Morale would be high with MSD I think Innocent I think Gambhir would be skipper... Let Sehwag and Sachin both rest.. bring in Tiwari and Ashwin.. Whatever the result, it'd be infusing the youth into the team... 

(PS: MSD = Missing Skipper Dhoni) Innocent

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
We have to bring Parthiv as well to replace Dhoni!! If Tiwary plays one of Raina or Rohit will have to be dropped.
Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I am in awe for the Selection Panel of the Cricket Australia.. 4 straight shoddy performances, and they axe Ricky Ponting who skippered the winning team last time. Goes to show you, Australia put TEAM before PLAYER!

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Ricky Ponting, last 10 ODI innings - 133 runs. Thats why he is dropped.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
You are right about australia putting TEAM over PLAYER. Clarke showed it in the test series. The Aussie's are known for that quality. Its admirable.
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Sri Lanka off to a flyer. Bowling is slack. Lesser said about the fielding the better.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Sehwag gives a fitting reply to MSD. Takes a one handed diving full length catch. Mahela out.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Dilshan goes now caught by MSD's replacement!!
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Sanga departs. Sachin takes the catch on the ropes.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

But isn't a catch on the ropes considered a six, DS? Innocent

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I am very poor in my english writing skills Leo. Sorry. It should have been near the ropes.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
By the way have you abandoned this thread? Why not more active?
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

LOLZ :) I was just kidding :P 

Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I'd be more active, but I didn't feel like threading an Indian miserable performance completely on Sunday, if u know what I mean :(

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I know you were kidding Leo and it will be good if you are a little bit more active here. Its boring to keep writing for me alone.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Will do, good buddy! :)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thanks man :)
Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Target: 290...

Horror last over from "Kohli"... Raina and Kohli bowling their first overs as the last two overs.. Weird strategy by Sehwag..

India behind the eight ball already.. can they find their feet? or sink like last time? Waiting to find out.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
It will be a very tough chase. Very very tough. Lets see. Sehwag was doing anything, the last two overs were funny.
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Sehwag goes for a duck. A captains innings from him.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Sachin departs. Time for him to seriously consider retiring from ODI cricket.
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Humiliating loss. Just avoided conceding the bonus point.
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Sri Lanka on a roll now. Defeat Australia again. Top the table now.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

And they deserve it, for they've shown TEAM INDIA that chasing 280+ target is not impossible if they play properly. they were NEVER under pressure.. or if they were, they didn't show it. Mahela said that it was a day when everything found the gaps.. but I think Lanka played very well to find them. They weren't given gaps!

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Sri Lanka are the in form team now. They have played absolutely brilliantly inspite of not being paid since the World Cup.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

That's sad to know, but they deserve it.. I don't really know at whose expense, but their style of play at the moment makes them meriting of final's spot.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Very true. They deserve it completely. Even the first two games that they lost were very very close.
Raowords
Raowords
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Looks like India will be out of the tournament

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
They have been poor to say the least. Maybe the team has decided it needs rest before the IPL so they dont want to qualify for the finals.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

DS my friend, for every tournament that the Men in Blue do not succeed in, what use is it blaming the IPL? If that's the way the ball is bouncing each time, a tournament in December, six months after the IPL would be blamed. If it's in February, two months before the IPL, it is blamed saying players are distracted because of that. Call water as water, and let's say the players aren't performing to the level we've seen and known and expect to play at.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I blame IPL because in that time players could have rested and recharged for future tours. Atleast they should keep a CAP on the number of matches a player can play.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

That's true.. in that case, I blame the ICL.. because BCCI wanted to compete with the ICL, it got IPL.. or do I blame the BCCI for wanting to compete? In the end, I blame only BCCI..

Raowords
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I agree with Leo, Indian Cricket Team fans always have "Dog and Tail" stroy to blame. Top order is falling prey to silly mistakes (Sehwag, sachin, gautam all have repeated their mistakes), Middle order is completely unstable (Raina hasn't clicked at all, Dhoni wastes 20 - 30 balls before firing, if he gets out in between than others don't have enough deliveries to play). Only people who are performing to their potential are the bowlers such as Ashwin & Irfan (both have contributed with bat & Ball)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Just see, after IPL a couple of our players will get injured. While most of our first choice players will skip the following series.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

They might, DS. but every time we lose, we can't just blame IPL, or say that it's okay, we are in a rut, we're still world champions.. how long would we say that? till Aus/NZ WC in 2015? Australia have started settling their squad.. their chief mentioned, we're sacking Ricky Ponting both coz of his form, and seeing the next WC in mind. By another year, they'd do the same with Mr. Cricket Michael Hussey & his brother too. But they'll let go of the player to keep the team first. Sachin was put in this ODI squad for what? If he wasn't there, and he opted to do only tests, he'd have had an opportunity vs Pakistan to complete that 100th 100. in front of Indian fans..  why pick Viru to captain the squad when he was rested previous match and was NOT IN FORM?  Gambhir is an able captain too.. He could've taken the reins and Tiwary or Rohit Sharma would've got a chance.. or Rahane would be in the squad for Sachin, he'd have tried to settle into the #3 slot or openers lot.

Mistakes are there, in BCCI's court. I don't find blaming a single continuous T20 tournament for a loss half the year later.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
You are right there mistakes are there in the way BCCI functions. And Sachin should now retire from Odi's, he is not going to play the 2015 WC so we better give youngsters enough opportunities to cement their places.
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

I find fault not only with the way the BCCI runs Team India, but the way they operate in general. Running ICC coz they have the most moolah of cricket boards.

LockSign in to reply to this thread