Platforms Other Than Blogger and WP?

Healthy Living India
Healthy Living India
from Bombay
15 years ago

This question is equal amounts of curiosity and the interest to know more about blogging platforms out there. There have been enough discussions on whether Blogger is better than Wordpress or not. Paid hosting bloggers all swear by Wordpress (you know who you are!!!) but what about other platforms?

Does anyone here use Livejournal, Tumblr or any other platform? Would be interested to know why and what have been your experiences?

And what do you make of people who think that there is nothing beyond Blogger and WP?

Thanks!

Prashant.

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
rads
rads
from Chicago
15 years ago

At one point I did consider moving to livejournal but I found that it hosts unwanted ads on your pages and there are not many options for customization other than the stylesheet. For people who want to monetize or for those who want to bring some liveliness in their blogs, it is definitely not the option. It is just like maintaining your personal diary online and not for serious writing. It does have one good option though, it publicizes blogs well but then we have bloggers' communities like Indiblogger to do that so its negligible.

Hitched Hiker
Hitched Hiker
from Mumbai
15 years ago

Hi Prashant. In my opinion there is nothing Wordpress Laughing

Blogger is quite inferior to a custom WP install. you can run a complete corporate website, magazine, ecommerce business etc on WP and on the other hand casual bloggers can use it for their purposes.

Tumblr, Livejournal, blogger are all in the same league, whereas WP is way ahead both in terms of develpoment and also in terms of community support and contribution.

To the casual blogger it really doesn't matter what you choose but if you start needing more and more customized blogs then WP is your answer.

I have used all of the above services and now have finally settled on WP since I have my own domain and custom WP install.

Hitched Hiker
from Mumbai
15 years ago

First line to read "Hi Prashant. In my opinion there is nothing beyond Wordpress Laughing"

Ravi Sagar
Ravi Sagar
from Delhi
15 years ago

Have you guys tried drupal.org It is a complete CMS and can be used to create custom sites. If the purpose is just blogging + some other little things then WP is best.

If you plan to have a complete website along with the blog then drupal just rocks.

LockSign in to reply to this thread