Sachin's 100th Century ? congrats in advance

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I am sure Sachin will cross the milestone of 100th century today with only 33 runs to get. What an achievement it will be after winning world cup in front of his home crowd and secondly to knock out a milestone in his backyard.  Please guys pray for the new ball shine to fade away fast from the windies pace attack and help Sachin in crossing the milestone. Ala re Sachin ala, laukar satak sampla ......( lol pardon me for colloquial Marathi )

Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I pray, wish and hope that He gets out before the 100. The pitch is as flat as a road and the hundred will have no meaning whatsoever. Better if he gets it in Australia, in trying conditions, against much better bowlers. The pitch is a disgrace to test match cricket.
DS, you may have a point, but that is not seen. Whatever the conditions, century will steal the show. Be it trying or untrying conditions. I remember Rahul dravid as captain had declared when sachin was on 197, just 3 runs short of double century.
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hello Deep the pictch is specially tailor made for Sachin Lolz, why steal the thunder of scoring a century in Wankhade stadium in front of his home crowd, please reverse your decision based on third umpire suggest LolzSmile

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Pramod whenever Sachin achieves milestone the stock market used to move as if in celebration, now hope it lifts up the spirit of investors, who are beaten down

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

DS your prayers came true Lolz

Bad luck for Sachin, nevermind , he will show his ton in Australia as DS wished
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yup in Australia:)
Stephen
from Raleigh
12 years ago

he will do it on the boxing day match

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
That will be great, in front of a packed house:)
Ram A Singh
Ram A Singh
from Silvassa
12 years ago

with great regreat it is to inform every one here that Sachin failed to achieve milestone to century of century. Bad luck Sachin, don't wory keep trying. BCCI , selectors and we all are with you.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Congrats Ashwin for scoring a wonderful century, some consolation after Sachin missed out

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

“Look how well Ashwin is playing; now stop fooling around and get married”: Harbhajan Singh’s mom

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Nice one Watson:)
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@ Animesh, maybe ASHWIN has sealed his place in the Indian time, Harbhajan may find it hard to make a come back with Praveen Ohja too perfoming well, with Australian tour maybe Bhajji may get lucky not because of bowling skills but for his sledging ability Lolz

Stephen
from Raleigh
12 years ago

i do believe that harbhajans position in the team is somehting to be thought of.With Ashwin and Ohja doing exceptional well, I would prefer not to select Harbhajan

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
*sigh of relief*
Ram A Singh
Ram A Singh
from Silvassa
12 years ago

as quick as possible a short series with Bengladesh should be arranged so let him achieve his milestone.

Animesh
from Mumbai
12 years ago

This is what I have been telling for last one week.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Sachin is too good to even think of such excuses... He will get there, its taking time, but that does not mean he needs a series against Bangladesh to get his ton!! He is saving it for an occasion, DESTINY:)
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

It will be an insult to his stature to play against Bangladesh to score his milestone Lolz

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Plus 1, Umesh. To think that He needs Bangladesh to score a ton is humiliating.
Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
12 years ago

I think that media should not create hype on Sachins 100 100's .Let him play and concentrate on his game. He will score it someday.Why just hoping ,praying and wishing that he scores today.Enjoy the game

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

The quip was demeaning to the sport. It also belittled two fine young cricketers — Virat Kohli and Ravichandran Ashwin — attempting to minimise India’s damages while trying to secure their careers. Should they have thrown their wickets so Tendulkar could bat again?  It overlooked the fact that India were miles away from saving the follow-on, and further away from securing the match. Aren’t these more pressing issues than a missed milestone?

Rest of the article is here http://cricket.yahoo.com/blogs/article-the-case-against-personal-records_16439

Sanjay Manjrekar and Ravi Shastri weighed in during the lunch break. Manjrekar approached the subject with caution, saying Tendulkar should play in the ODIs against West Indies, so that he “gets this monkey off this back” before tackling the tougher challenges of the Australian tour. Shastri agreed.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Someone said that India should declare when Sachin got out so that India gets follow on and Sachin will get to bat again... It was ridiculous, its not about an individual at the end of the day... There was a game to be saved!!!
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

That is equvalent to match fixing DS if you analyse in one way, we should not encourage such a phenomenon.  Anyways let us wait patiently, Media will have some debating point till his century is accomplished.  

LockSign in to reply to this thread