how often should i write peom....

Guru Prasad
Guru Prasad
from Delhi
12 years ago

I am little confused when it comes to writing peoms. As if i take some time to a peom i come up with some good stuff but if i write daily i guess i will not be able to produce the charm which i generally like to.

How often you guys wirite a poem????

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Write when you feel like so that you can convey your emotions in the poems... Dont force yourself, if you feel you can write everyday, go ahead. I see no harm in it. Leo can help you further on this, he too writes poems. All the best Guru
Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Guru Prasad, I agree with you, for poetry go with your heart. Still, some great people have done a big poetry with complete planning. Veer Savarkarji, decided to write a big epic on I think Sikh Gurus and their freedom fight in Kalapani. He used to write everyday on the wall of the jail, used to rememember it, then on the same wall, next day next verses. And he published all that, when came out of jail. That time in jail he didn't know, when he will be free, because he had 50 years jail. But still he planned this poetry.

I shared the story, for the inspiration for all the writers and poets.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Inspirational story indeed Mohini.
Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

It depends on your interest, your emotions, how the words flow at your fingertips! Smile I write often, but coz it suits me, and I like to write it often. I know poets who write once a week, once a month, even lesser at times. Smile if you can plan it, well and good, like Mohinee says! if not, It;d be absolutely fine if left to instinct too.Laughing

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Perfect answer Leo.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I told Guru, you can help. I was right:)
Guru Prasad
Guru Prasad
from Delhi
12 years ago

Thanks guys ....

It would help me a lot......

I am not a poet by profession ....i write poems occasionally. So I would take advice form Leo  and left it to my instict :)

In Future, I might go for some planning.

Thanks Mohinee,Thanks Leo, Thanks DS

more often

Firoze Shakir
Firoze Shakir
from Mumbai
12 years ago

How often you guys wirite a poem????

poems are not written..

LockSign in to reply to this thread