Need a free Host for your Domain ?

leon
leon
from kolkata
15 years ago

I'm wondering how many of you dreamt of having your own domain hosting but couldn't afford to pay the bills.

Say suppose you can get it for free. How many of you would be interested ?

Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
Adesh Sidhu
Adesh Sidhu
from Gurgaon
15 years ago

I will use. I guess Google also provides that.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
15 years ago

Google provides you space and everything, but a personal hosting is different.

Healthy Living India
Healthy Living India
from Bombay
15 years ago

I'm guessing that it would be balanced out through ad revenues on my site. In that case, I wouldn't.

~ Prashant

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
15 years ago

Leon needs to specify his terms. I think the max he would say is to give his website a link back.

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
15 years ago

well, you might have unlimited space and unlimited bandwidth and unlimited domains host, then everyone would be interested. But then there are a lot of people who are in love with Blogspot. 

Write the advantages of having a Wordpress on your server vis - a - vis a subdomain.wordpress.com so that people will understand the advantages. 

Also, to turn these bloggers around to Wordpress from Blogspot, you can write what is there and what is not.

Adesh Sidhu
Adesh Sidhu
from Gurgaon
15 years ago

Google provides you space and everything, but a personal hosting is different.

And the difference is???? Please explain or give me link where I can go through for details as I am not techie...Thanks in advance.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
15 years ago

Go to www.hemalshah.net. This is an example of personal hosted website. Now, my domain will not land into my blog. My domain will lead you to my website which is about me and what I do for living. Then my blog is at http://hemalshah.net/blogs

What I have done is created a website for my personal work / job related information, certain information etc. Basically, it does the job of getting me webdesigning work.

Then I can have my own email address (hemal_at_hemalshah.net) and i can upload any number of pictures and vidoes till my web server's space is exhausted. 

The main thing is that you actually personalise (Brand you!) everything with your domain instead of using branded domains. 

Healthy Living India
Healthy Living India
from Bombay
15 years ago

@Hemal: I'm with you on being in love with Blogspot. Best example I can think of is PSD... it's a very simple blog but has some 30,000 people visiting t it. Click featured it too. At the same time, enough people will sing praises on the benefits of having your own domain name. Don't necessarily think one way is better than the other.

@Adesh: Personal hosting is paying for your own domain and perhaps host space. Google doesn't give you a domain name free.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
15 years ago

Sorry dude... you misread me. I said there are lot of people who love blogspot. I do not. I am wordpress fan Tongue out

Healthy Living India
from Bombay
15 years ago

Oh I know you are... I've seen your blog. I just meant that I am one of those who loves Blogger outright. I consider the Blogger-Wordpress argument to be like the PC-Mac or the PS-XBox arguments... we can argue till the cows come home but no one will change the other's mind!

Adesh Sidhu
from Gurgaon
15 years ago

It helped. Thanks.

leon
leon
from kolkata
15 years ago

i didn't say i would be giving , i'm just curious Tongue out

Healthy Living India
from Bombay
15 years ago

cheeky! I'm pretty sure a lot of bloggers got their hopes up! Cool

~Prashant.

leon
from kolkata
15 years ago

do you think ? Undecided

leon
leon
from kolkata
15 years ago

obviously it's not free, someone has to pay for the bills..

LockSign in to reply to this thread