Raji would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://kontemplations.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 36

Would love to hear from people about my blog

Raji
Raji
from Chennai
14 years ago

I live in Chennai, a science professional and have been blogging on topics of interest to me that I think will interest many. I have suddenly realised my love for blogging. My friends tell me I write well but I am not sure if its an objective remark. I would therefore like my blog reviewed by a stranger, and to also improve my blog.

Replies 1 to 2 of 2
Devan Harikumar
Devan Harikumar
from Ernakulam
12 years ago

Hi Raji, hope you are doing good!

First of all, there ain't too many people who haven't tried for the name 'contemplations' for a url. It's great that you didn't just abandon the idea of 'contemplations' and got satisfied with 'kontemplations' :) Kudos. Now, let's talk business.

1. Put the 'blog archive' and 'about me' before labels.

2. Not a good theme. Not a good colour either. :) Change them both. You can add something really nice with the header- like a photo or design and then make it live by selecting a theme that suits.

3. For photos and images that aren't yours, give due courtesy to the source.

4. A facebook widget with a like button can help you go a long way. Your stuff's good.

5. Decrease the length of the feedjit entries to 5 or 4. You can do it by editing the html for that widget.

6. As for your writing, good language, good flow and yeah needless to say effective. [Read your mullaperiyar or mullaiperiyar post. Really thought provoking and one-sided, I must say, you know from my side ;)]

7. Always a good blogging practice will be to get your facts straight :) You have a very gripping language, so on controversial topics, throw facts.

Happy blogging.

-Devan

Raji
Raji
from Chennai
12 years ago

Thanks a lot Devan. Really happy to hear such a detailed feedback. Would definitely work on your suggestions.