Jinal Mehta would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://www.thateverydaystory.blogspot.com ]

looking for feedback on my new blog

Jinal Mehta
Jinal Mehta
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Hey! I just started blogging. And I am not going to stop it in anyway but I feel scared sometimes whether it is actually 'worth' it. Please help me out on the points I can improve. Thanks a ton! :)

Replies 1 to 1 of 1
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

I am the last person that should be talking about what to do with damp hair, but here's the rest:

One article per page? It's best if multiple articles are displayed on the main site, and the pages following it. Rather than having the entire article displayed on the main site, just have an excerpt and a single image displayed. This way people don't need to waste on click older pages or do a lot of scrolling. Those who are interested to read a particular topic will obviously open it. 

Plan your  main menu options. "About  me" and "Contact" is usually a separate page rather than in the menu. The Menu should reflect main post categories.  Since you have all about me, there's no really point in having introduction thing on the side. Have more content, but have a good amount of content. It's not a big deal if you want to keep the blog very personal. But since you're doing reviews and guides, there should be consistency. Also avoid scoop whoop/lifehacks type of titles. Such titles have a bad reputation of being click baits so if you have a good writeup with a title like that, chances are there that some people will ignore it. 

Have translate option on the top. For who want translation and don't see an option, it's unlikely they're going to scroll all the way down to find it.