Soumyait Ghosh would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://www.newmicrosoft.com ]

Hi, Dear Bloggers it would be great if you please review My Tech Blog. Any new i

Soumyait Ghosh
Soumyait Ghosh
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Hi Bloggers,

I am Soumyajit Ghosh and a few months ago we created a Tech Blog called newmicrosoft.com :-) I want you guys to review it and help us to find out the problems or faults so that we can resolve it.  Previously our blog was under 30K rank in Alexa (India Rankings) which is not too bad for a new blog but suddenly from last 1 month alexa is not showing any country rankings for our blog. If anybody can help us in this matter we will be really thankful. :-) 

Thank You guys in Advance Smile

Replies 1 to 1 of 1
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Alexa has no value. You're better off using Quantcast and google analytics. 

People already said what was required about using Microsoft already. You're using those four block logo as well with windows colour overlapping it. It does not make a good impression. It looks like you're cashing in on Microsoft's name. Even Microsoft wouldn't like it. 

Your content width area needs to be broader. Even in a monitor with lesser than 1080p native resolution it looks cramped. For desktop view, it has to be wider. Have responsive, but the native content width should be comfortable enough for standard screen size resolution. English could be far better. Try using a chrome add-on called Grammarly.  Link your source if you read it from somewhere. It's basic courtesy.  But try to have your own opinion, or point out opinions of multiple sites and then present yours. If you look at your "IE" news post, link it to the verge. Also, in that same article you said: " if you want to know how the browser will look or work you can click here to find that out." but there's no click option. If its BETA version, give a disclaimer. Most of the content that you wrote are written in a way as if it would be a podcast or in a video. Words like "Wait for it" such is the case in that MS band news writeup. What for what? You already mentioned it in the topic heading already. You added pre-order link which is good, but make sure it opens in another tab. Post purchase outlets of UK/US, but also post India too. a lot of people in India buy gadgets and phones. Analyze your traffic, and if its worth it, do mention it. Also, watermark applies to those pictures that you have taken yourself. Are you a 15-year-old? That's cool. I wish I started mine when I was younger so that I would have grown nicely by the time I become 28. Never give in to plagiarism. Don't use photos from multiple sources and convert specs into paragraph form to call it a review. Calling it as "Here's what you should know about..." is an excellent way to put up such content. I know you're not doing that, but idiots in all shapes, sizes and age does that. Honesty at all costs. Because readers are far more valuable than being in good books with reps and PRs for getting review samples and stuff.Choose a name that is not tied down to a brand or a platform. You'll never know if Android will fall down eventually and something else taking its place like Symbian.  Think long term, but something simple and unique. Your content slider doesn't seem to be working unless it's fixed to show three latest articles. But it's pointless since I am seeing three latest articles below anyways. Have that section for featured/special articles instead. Be accurate with short forms and all. MB and Mb are two different stuff. MBps/Mbps. It matters a lot.  Grammarly should help you highlight all that in most cases, but use that to improve yourself to a point that you will need to less rely on such add-ons.