Kannan would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://www.nucleation.in ]

Looking for a review...

Kannan
Kannan
from Trivandrum
11 years ago

Authors of Nucleation are software professionals, mainly test engineers. We bring you various stuffs related to software testing, both manual and automation. We mainly cover automation testing using QTP. Apart from this we bring you some useful tools. We do write on technology updates too, but only those which caught intense attention of our authors. You can suggest topics for our articles. Send your topic suggestions to info@nucleation.in We can help you with your doubts in Software Testing, QTP, ALM and Excel VBA.

Edited 11 years ago
Reason: spelling
Replies 1 to 4 of 4
Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
11 years ago

I think you are doig quite well and this blog (I will call it a professional website rather) is doig quite well. Hope the template is responsive. 

Kannan
from Trivandrum
11 years ago

Thanks a lot for that motivating comment. Yes, its responsive.

• excellent template and site design
  • lots of content, great..
  • loading felt little slow though Frown
  • best of luck, you have a very good blog..
Kannan
from Trivandrum
11 years ago

I am also worried about the loading time. I am not sure whether its the issue with my hosting provider or because of the large number of css and JavaScript running in background. Anyway, I have a cache system in place, which makes the site to load for subsequent visits. Thanks to W3 Total Cache plug-in. Thanks for your comments.

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Where are you hosted ??

Purnendu
from Pune
11 years ago

Host your images at Wordpress. You can also consider using CLoudflare. 

Kannan
from Trivandrum
11 years ago

Hosted at Godaddy. Basic Plan

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
11 years ago

OK I found a few things at your home page;

1. Page size 1.5 MB, lower it. 

2. Load Time : 7.15 Sec. Your target should be to bring it below 2 sec. Doable. 

3. Making too many calls: Check the plugins. Disable all your plugins and try checking your sitespeed on pingdom. Then enable one by one and try to find the culprit. 

4. CSS/ JS taking too much time. Try to minfy. There are too many CSS files. Consider CSS Sprite

5.  Images hosted from your server. Either use a CDN or using the Photon plugin in Jetpack.

6. I strongly recommend that you use CLoudflare. It seems you really need it. 

Kannan
from Trivandrum
11 years ago

Thanks for that detailed review. I will try to incorporate these changes. Its difficult with my busy schedule. Thanks a lot.

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
11 years ago

I would say optimise the images for better loading time.. In anyway, the thumbnails are too small, so make sure reduce the size in that ratio Tongue out

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
11 years ago

I would say optimise the images for better loading time.. In anyway, the thumbnails are too small, so make sure reduce the size in that ratio Tongue out

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

As Purendu says, it looks more like a professional website than a blog! Well done! Smile

I think that the syntax highlighter used by you is using too little spacing between lines. If it is possible, I would suggest that you increase the spacing to make the code more readable.