Nithya would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://nithivenky.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 28

Looking for feedback on my Blog.

Nithya
Nithya
from Brussels
12 years ago

My Blog is basically a simple one. I wanted to start this one as Travel log for me but it will be great if it helps others also. And it contains some personal posts in case the travel log becomes boring.. :)

Replies 1 to 6 of 6
Devan Harikumar
Devan Harikumar
from Ernakulam
12 years ago

Hi Nithya,

I presume what you meant is a 'travelogue' rather than what you have written above :)My review:1. When you write a travelogue, concentrate more on the details of the place rather than what you did there. The writings are really good. These are just tips to improve it.2.Make them a bit longer. Make the readers stay in your profile for a while :)3.You could use up a bit more space in your blog by rearranging the layout.4. Keep more important widgets to the top. Rest is all good.Happy writing.

Nithya
Nithya
from Brussels
12 years ago

hey Devan.. thanks a lot.. am trying to improvise based on ur comments: )

K.Nandagopal
K.Nandagopal
from Coimbatore
12 years ago

You could have written more about Disney Land and Lake Garda with some pictures. Smile

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

OK. My two paise for your blog Innocent

Points that can improve:

1. Archive.. Put it to the sidebar. It seems odd right below the header :)
  2. Theme... Use the blogger designer more to your style, the blog at moment reflects a dull day inside, than a fun travelogue. Brighten it a little more, put a good background.. a single column sidebar than the split.. :) If redecorated with interest, it'll appeal to your eye and your readers too.. right?
  3. If it isn't very essential, you can remove the live feed. It's not that very useful I find. Since you're in Brussels, more traffic comes from there. Mine used to show a lot coming from Bangalore. etc. :) If you want to keep track of countries, I'd suggest you try a FlagCounter.
  4. Put the followers widget at the top of the sidebar, so readers who come can find it sooner :) That can be followed by your profile and the archive :)
  5. Post more often if you can. :) When a reader comes, he sees, oh, no posts since November. might not be active. Two minds, do I follow, or no?
  6. Your posts can give a li'l more detail perhaps.. Like Mr. Nandagopal says, a lot more details, with some photographs.. It'd help bring the place to life in our minds!
  7. Try to avoid SMS lingo in your posts. Like "r" for are.. "v" for we.. the (he he) to indicate a self laugh.. :) 

Points that are positives:

1. We can feel your happiness in your posts. It's evident through your words! :)
  2. Nice simple title, and the writings match in that simplicity! :D

(Er. I guess I got carried away with the improvement points.)

Nithya
Nithya
from Brussels
12 years ago

Hi Vinay,

I am trying to improve based on ur comments. thanks a ton!! Have done some changes already.

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Came by once again.. Beautiful changes, Nithya! It looks much more vibrant now! The georgia font is elegant and stands out! Make the sidebar opaque too, so its contents arent lost in your background! The photos u've added lend ur post much more beauty. Wonderful. Do write more often.