Sonia would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://memoriesinrain.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 41

Reviews needed!!

Sonia
Sonia
from Calcutta
13 years ago
Hey! Its been a while since I've started my blog.. I write just for the love of it and It has always been like a stress buster for me.. But I would really appreciate if I get some feedback and advice on my blog.. i welcome constructive criticism.. Thank you...
Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Just wanted to add something
Replies 1 to 13 of 13
Sonia
Sonia
from Calcutta
12 years ago

Thanks..Smile

Rahul
Rahul
from Kolkata
12 years ago

Update your blog more often...You seem to write about personal experiences...So I think you can post more experiences...Of course,this is just my suggestion...I liked your writing style..Would love to see more frequent posts from you..

Sonia
Sonia
from Calcutta
12 years ago
Okay, i'll try and update my blog more frequently then. Thanks..keep reading..
Ishita
Ishita
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Nice theme and beautiful layout.

Few suggestions-

Mention what is the website all about

Write more articles

Keep blogging

Kindly Visit my site - http://www.investmentbazar.com

Ishita Sharma

Keep blogging

Kindly Visit my site - http://www.investmentbazar.com

Ishita Sharma

Sonia
Sonia
from Calcutta
12 years ago

Thanks..okay i'll keep that in mind

Thankyou

Vishal Kataria
Vishal Kataria
from Thane
12 years ago
Very articulate. Feelings hard to explain are very nicely penned down. I've always had one question. When we add widgets of other links onto our blog, we are also encouraging readers to get diverted from our site. What are your thoughts on it?
Sonia
from Calcutta
12 years ago
Hey! Thanks a ton..:) I think when we add a widget to our blog the main motive is to interact or communicate with our audience and also to spice up our website or to make our blog interesting to the reader.. A widget can also distract the reader by drawing the eyes and mind away from the content in our posts..So before adding a widget we should first decide on whether it will enhance our readers reading experience or not..if not then its no use adding it and cluttering your sidebar.. Actually I kinda like my widgets(daily puppy, mountain view of the day, Scenes of Rio de janeiro) because they show the reader what I am interested in or what I like it's kinda like the about me section it describes me in a way..!! : p
Vishal Kataria
from Thane
12 years ago

Hmm... That's true... I concur... :)

Sonia
Sonia
from Calcutta
12 years ago
:)
Devan Harikumar
Devan Harikumar
from Ernakulam
12 years ago

Hi sonia,1. Popular posts in your blog uses only half of the allowed space in the right side. That kinda looks weird. What you can do is go to the template designer and change the layout. And, move it to the left side. It will look better.

2.Adding a facebook plugin will be a good idea. :)

3.Pull 'about me' a little up.

4. Your blog is too girly, so no comments in the appearance. :)

5. As far as writing is concerned, real nice job! Keep up the good work :)

6.Give labels to the posts ok? That helps you go a long way.

That's all from me. Happy writing :)Hey and yeah, if time permits, visit my blog too. Will be happy to receieve a review from ya !

Sonia
Sonia
from Calcutta
12 years ago
Hey! Thank you so much for taking out time to review my blog..I really appreciate it...And I'll keep all of that in mind...:D But I don't want my blog to look too girly so I'll work on that right away....:p Just went through your blog your writing is really impressive and the layout is impeccable but I think the background looks kinda geeky.....! All your posts are insanely well written and i specially loved the post 'IITurbulence..' it encompassed a lot of depth... So thats it, I would say keep writing..:)
Devan Harikumar
Devan Harikumar
from Ernakulam
12 years ago

Oh thank you so much :)I am working in the layout and background in mine. May be you can check it out later.

that's all. Keep visiting. :)

Sonia
Sonia
from Calcutta
12 years ago

:)

Ravi Raj
Ravi Raj
from Jagdalpur
12 years ago

Everything is nice, posts are very good, but your site background is eating your foreground look of the articles and widgets. Please try to change the background into a simple dark color. For color combinations pls visit my site at http://www.khmedia.in

Hope this helps.

Sonia
from Calcutta
12 years ago

Thanks for your advice..I'll make the changes right away..:)

SS Kuruganti
SS Kuruganti
from Gurgaon
12 years ago

Well, you said you wanted constructive criticism, so I hope you don't mind what I have to say!

I liked your blog, although I'd recommend a little fine tuning of the template (picture window, if I remember correctly.) A little tweaking of the post width would work wonders, but then, that's just me. Another thing I'd recommend is a spell check of all posts, at least to ensure no netspeak. Most people find blogs/sites with spellings like 'u' and excess ellipses to smack of unpolished writing.

I liked your randomness, and your posts reminded me of all the things I'd gone through (and luckily forgotten some years ago) like exams! And exam tension. =)

Another thing - I tried to leave a comment on a post but found I couldn't (I'm Drizzle and You're Rain, I think it was called). Did you disable comments on purpose or was it a mistake?

I see you've added me to your network, can I ask for your thoughts/comments/constructive criticism on my short stories? I'm putting out a new story based on Indian mythology every Friday, and I'd love to have your opinion, I'm looking to improve my writing. Thanks! =)

Sonia
from Calcutta
12 years ago

Hey thanks for your review it was really usefull.. I have made a few changes in my blog template and layout..And i've not disabled comments for that post maybe it was some tech error..You can try commenting again it might work this time..Smile

Just went through your blog..Firstly i love the blog name its amazing..:)

I will surely review your blog and comment there.. Laughing