Why do you blog? -Top 3 reasons

Sachin Arya
Sachin Arya
from Pilani
14 years ago

Hi One and All,

I am reading and following blogs since eternity. But, to start my own blog, it took me a little while. And it was a stutter start. I created and deleted blogs after blogs, probably because I did not have enough motivation and understanding.

Now, I plan to keep my blog alive as I found a purpose to blog. If I were to describe top three reasons why I blog, they would be:

a) Skill Development: To write and write effectively.

b) Share Ideas and Thoughts with the Like Minded: Be heard (or read) and understood. Discuss, share and express freedom of speech and expression in the blog world.

c) Subject Matter Expertise: To simply become a maven (is a trusted expert in a particular field, who seeks to pass knowledge on to others) on a particular theme/subject I have adopted to write my blog about.

What brought you in the blogworld and what keeps you going? Share your top 3 reasons - Why do you blog?

Cheers,

Sachin

Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending
pragathish
pragathish
from chennai
14 years ago

a) To free my jailed ideas out.

b) To free my jailed ideas out.

c) To free my jailed ideas out.

Vasu
Vasu
from Basel, Switzerland
14 years ago

Hi Sachin,

My reasons are as follow, and quite similar to yours:

1. The Maven angle

2. Share ideas and thoughts, but even if the reader is not like minded :)

3. As a record of experiences, emotions, opinions, people, and events at different stages in life.

Fro me, the skill development, or improving my writing skills, is a by product of active blogging, rather than an objective per se.

Thanks.

Vasu

LockSign in to reply to this thread