Collating the best blog posts

Vivek Sheel
Vivek Sheel
from New Delhi
11 years ago

Hi Fellow Bloggers ,

I want to work on an idea of coming up with an e-digest (monthly) that is a compendium of the best blog posts . This digest will have 8-10 categories like travel, tech, photo log, personal, fiction , poems etc and we will publish the best works of the blogging fraternity. In this manner we have a monthly journal that gets circulated amongst all and we have the option to read it online or print out as a booklet. If this idea sounds good, i want to get in touch with you for more detailed discussions and series of interactions. The least anyone can do is, send me links to his or her 5 best blog posts, and they can be from any category. To read more on this idea please visit my blog and read the post titled " Blogger Foundation". If you would like me to contact you please drop a message in the blogpost. I can be easily traced on gmail , twitter , fb and IB. Cheers !! Vivek

Replies 1 to 15 of 15 Descending
Kirti
Kirti
from Kharagpur, west bengal
11 years ago

add me in indi here so i can mail you!

Vivek Sheel
Vivek Sheel
from New Delhi
11 years ago

@ Animesh Thanks !! Will speak to you in a while.

@ Diwakar - Dropped you message on FB. Please check

@ Kirti - I have added you on IB . Please check my blog and there in the contact section you have my e mail id. Drop me a mail and i will respond back.

Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago
The idea sounds good.Wil read your blog soon.
Dr Debmita Dutta
Dr Debmita Dutta
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Yes ! I am on! What a good idea! I will send u a msg on twitter.

Ashu
Ashu
from kolkata
11 years ago

goooooodddddd  idea    ....i m in

Medha Nagur
Medha Nagur
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Hi Vivek.

This is one great idea. I read the post you mentioned on your blog and I see quiet a response and all positive.

I have a couple of suggestions for the body and the e-magazine.

• You have asked for 5 best posts form each blogger. I think one or at the most 2 posts should be requested for submission to make the task for the selectors easy(unless the team of selectors is really big to handle 5 posts from n number of bloggers). This way we make sure the selection is based on quality rather than quantity and the selectors get enough time to analyze the post and reward points based on a set of rules! This will also make sure that every time a new blogger gets enough space to prove their ability. 
  • At-least one person (more will be better) should be authorized/volunteered for each category to refine the number of posts from that category before it makes to the next level of refinement (if there are any levels at all)!

Well, all the best and I am in too! Has the selection process begun?

Rajrupa Gupta
Rajrupa Gupta
from Kolkata, India
11 years ago

Hi Vivek

Great idea. Please add me on IB.

Rahul Kolabhagathu
Rahul Kolabhagathu
from Bahrain
11 years ago

Hi Vivek,

I am in, add me too...

.adslot-overlay {position: absolute; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.65); border: 2px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.65); color: white !important; margin: 0; z-index: 2147483647; text-decoration: none; box-sizing: border-box; text-align: left;}.adslot-overlay-iframed {top: 0; left: 0; right: 0; bottom: 0;}.slotname {position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; right: 0; font-size: 13px; font-weight: bold; padding: 3px 0 3px 6px; vertical-align: middle; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.45); text-overflow: ellipsis; white-space: nowrap; overflow: hidden;}.slotname span {text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-transform: capitalize;}.revenue {position: absolute; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; font-size: 11px; padding: 3px 0 3px 6px; vertial-align: middle; text-align: left; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.45); font-weight: bold; text-overflow: ellipsis; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap;}.revenue .name {color: #ccc;}.revenue .horizontal .metric {display: inline-block; padding-right: 1.5em;}.revenue .horizontal .name {padding-right: 0.5em;}.revenue .vertical .metric {display: block; line-height: 1.5em; margin-bottom: 0.5em;}.revenue .vertical .name, .revenue .vertical .value {display: block;}.revenue .square .metric, .revenue .button .metric {display: table-row;}.revenue .square .metric {line-height: 1.5em;}.revenue .square .name, .revenue .square .value, .revenue .button .value {display: table-cell;}.revenue .square .name {padding-right: 1.5em;}.revenue .button .name {display: block; margin-right: 0.5em; width: 1em; overflow: hidden; text-overflow: clip;}.revenue .button .name:first-letter {margin-right: 1.5em;}a.adslot-overlay:hover {border: 2px solid rgba(58,106,173,0.9);}a.adslot-overlay:hover .slotname {border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(81,132,210,0.9); background-color: rgba(58,106,173,0.9);}a.adslot-overlay:hover .revenue {border-top: 1px solid rgba(81,132,210,0.9); background-color: rgba(58,106,173,0.9);}div.adslot-overlay:hover {cursor: not-allowed; border: 2px solid rgba(64,64,64,0.9);}div.adslot-overlay:hover .slotname {border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(128,128,128,0.9); background-color: rgba(64,64,64,0.9);}div.adslot-overlay:hover .revenue {border-top: 1px solid rgba(128,128,128,0.9); background-color: rgba(64,64,64,0.9);}
Vivek Sheel
Vivek Sheel
from New Delhi
11 years ago

Thanks for the encouraging response !!

Let me define the direction ahead .

a )There will be 10 categories 1. Short Stories 2. Poems 3. Personal 4. Technology 5. Fashion 6. Travel 7. Photo 8. Sports 9. Entertainment 10. Homecare & Parenting

b) There will be a core committee of 6 members whose task is to collate a list of  best bloggers in each of the above defined category, invite posts , screen them and on the basis of merit propose to the editor to publish them in the monthly e- digest.

I volunteer to be the first member of this core group and will own up 1. Short Stories 2. Poems 3. Personal .  5 more volunteers required who will own up categories (max 3 ) and start collecting the best of the posts. If there are more people who want to join they can be clubbed with the first core member.

c) A technical team of 2-3 people will be required to design the e -digest, find web space and publish it electrnoically. Volunteers please !!

d) If you do not want to be part of the above 2 you can still contribute by sending the posts to the core committee, once it is formed.

Next step: Need 5 more volunteers for the core group with categories that you will own up and 2/3 for the technical group. Once this shapes up we will have a poll to choose the Editor.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Can I volunteer as well? 

I want to take up 1.Short Stories 3.Personal 9.Entertainment.

Vivek Sheel
Vivek Sheel
from New Delhi
11 years ago

Sure Pooja Pradeep !! See as of now we are making the core team. So we are 2 now. Let 4 more people volunteer and then we decide who scouts for which category. If you want to do 1,3 and 9 its fine with me completely. 

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

That's awesomeSmileThanksLaughing

Vivek Sheel
Vivek Sheel
from New Delhi
11 years ago

Diwakar Narayan yes it's completely fine !! In that case you and  Pooja Pradeep can club together and work jointly on categories 1,3,9. The idea being connecting with 10-15 good bloggers in this space and inviting their posts. Similarily we will collate good posts for other categories and once that is done, screening and publishing will start. Please write to me on IB mail or gmail directly, if you have more questions !!

Vivek Sheel
Vivek Sheel
from New Delhi
11 years ago

Thanks  !! We are 4 of us now Pooja Pradeep , Diwakar Narayan , Desire v/s Destiny and Vivek Sheel .

Waiting for 2-4 more people to join in and then discuss it in a closed group on mail. Please bear with me till more responses comes in.

Sauvik
Sauvik
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Vivek...count me in ..I would like to put up with 6 and 7 i.e, travel and photos. Am adding you in Indi...as well

Vivek Sheel
Vivek Sheel
from New Delhi
11 years ago

We are 6 of us now Pooja Pradeep , Diwakar Narayan , Desire v/s Destiny ,Vivek Sheel ,Sauvik ,Yatin Khurana . Just do me a favour  and drop a mail from your personal e mail id's and i will send a detailed mail with cc to all. My id is vivsheel12@gmail.com. 

If others join in we will add them to the mail chain !! Thanks to all of you for joning in. Let's make this happen !!

Yatin Khurana
from delhi
11 years ago
man I'll have a stable net connect till Monday and only Facebook works best on mobile you'll find it in blogger profile personal mail id : yatinkhuranaakayak@gmail.com all details can be discussed there
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I think I will give this a skip. I am not too keen on e-zines. Let me know if you guys get to putting stuff on paper and print. Then I will jump in.

LockSign in to reply to this thread