What do you do when you can't focus on writing?

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Hi Friends!

From some days, I can't focus on writing. So I have to keep my blogs without regular posts. 

Have you felt this way? What do you do at that time? Especially when your blog is on particular subject and you can't focus on writing on it. 

Please share some ideas....

Thanks..:)

Replies 1 to 10 of 10 Ascending
DS
DS
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Take a blogging break, say for 10 days. Just shut the blog out of your mind, free yourself of writing a post tensions!! You will come back fresher and with ideas:)
abhin@v
from mumbai
13 years ago

plus 1

DS
from Mumbai
13 years ago
abhin@v
abhin@v
from mumbai
13 years ago

@Mohini,  I am sure every blogger goes through that. I make sure I write only when I reallly want to. If I am in the groove I write more than one post and schedule it as a future post on the blog :)

abhin@v
from mumbai
13 years ago

hmm, I am not very regular nowadays. Will try to get back as soon as possible :)

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Abhi, I think I have to do the same now...:). Actually I want to write a lot, but don't know what happens when it comes to seriously publish it. 

We are not seeing you here too.

abhin@v
from mumbai
13 years ago

you can write down your thoughts in a diary and when you are online just elaborate your thoughts and ideas in your post.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Very nice suggestion of the diary, I do that many a times myself and it works out quite well!

Pradeep
Pradeep
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

I start conversation with my friends on some interesting facts to divert my attention from work. Once it done, I get back to my writing work.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Pradeep jee, this is so nice....time spent with friends is always memorable.....:)

Dhiraj Shenoy
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Read others blog for inspiration .

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Ya that  really gives inspiration...I am reading and learning a lot from blogging pals....:)

DS
DS
from Mumbai
13 years ago
I watch cricket or read novels, I love both these things more than blogging!!!
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Great ideas...:)

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
When I go through this phase, I read my own posts which I love! They tell me that I can write and I feel positive energy within me... Sometimes I just read comments which motivate me and inspire me as well... Sometimes I just go through all the pics of the journey on which I am currently writing, the pictures give me words!!!
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

That's really motivating Arti...for some days I was thinking how will I manage 3 blogs now, I can't write a single line...what happened to me? :(

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

That a nice tip to remain focussedSmile

good idea there arti ji,

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Mohini, its similar to when you are very sad in life. If you remember your good moments or moments where you lived life to your fullest you feel better instantaneously... Reading your favorite posts gives you the confidence that you have it in you to write well:)
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
And you can write Mohini, you are fabulous poet and writer. I always enjoy reading your blogs:)
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Thanks Umesh ji:)
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

yes, Arti, really true. 

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Thanks Pramod ji:)
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Arti, I wrote true for your view on sadness, it's really true. 

And thanks for encouraging, your comments and friendship always motivate me to write more. In fact while writing many of posts, first thought come in mind what will be your reaction....!

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Brilliant Mohini, see I told ya! This is where lies your greatness! Nothing of my comments, its the Mohini Magic, all your blogs are just magical, superb dear! Now atleast show me that million dollar smile of yours :D
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Thanks Arti, wonderful and unforgettable words......:)........:) .........:) 3 million dollars..:).  

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Precious these... Invaluable... :)

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Thanks Arti......:)

Tulika
Tulika
from Pune
13 years ago

The best antidote to writer's block is reading. The more you read the better you write... so said a teacher of mine :-). So when you can't write use the time to refresh yourself with others' ideas, styles, vocabulary. The best part is that your subconscious mind will still be hard at work thinking about your next post... and it'll come up with something wonderful soon enough. Best of luck Mohini.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Tulika......it's great idea....and ya, I always learn a lot when read blogs. Even I prefer it more than watching movies.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Just take a power nap, max 30 minutes and dream that you are in a place of your choice with desired companySmile  Switch off the PC it must be transmitting negative waves and heating up Lolz.  Once the PC is cool and mind is cool you will refreshed check out Mohini Good luck

Power nap, I like the term, but I prefer simple long naps. If it wasn't for my wife to nag n wake me up, I would be sleeping like kumbhakarna.
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Pramod in corporate world it is known as Cat Nap too, you will find some promoters do have such naps in the noonSmile

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Great Idea Sir.....I like day dreaming....LOL........

Promoters gimmicks, they need it most,
abhin@v
from mumbai
13 years ago

Power naps can be effective, reminded me of boman irani in 3 idiots :P

Chaitanya Kulkarni
Chaitanya Kulkarni
from Mumbai
13 years ago

" O disciple, a student in the science of government, sail in oceans in steamers, fly in the air in airplanes, know God the creator through the Vedas, control thy breath through yoga, through astronomy know the functions of day and night, know all the Vedas, Rig, Yajur, Sama and Atharva, by means of their constituent parts."

" Through astronomy, geography, and geology, go thou to all the different countries of the world under the sun. Mayest thou attain through good preaching to statesmanship and artisanship, through medical science obtain knowledge of all medicinal plants, through hydrostatics learn the different uses of water, through electricity understand the working of ever lustrous lightening. Carry out my instructions willingly." (Yajur-veda 6.21). 

" O royal skilled engineer, construct sea-boats, propelled on water by our experts, and airplanes, moving and flying upward, after the clouds that reside in the mid-region, that fly as the boats move on the sea, that fly high over and below the watery clouds. Be thou, thereby, prosperous in this world created by the Omnipresent God, and flier in both air and lightning." (Yajur-veda 10.19). 

" The atomic energy fissions the ninety-nine elements, covering its path by the bombardments of neutrons without let or hindrance. Desirous of stalking the head, ie. The chief part of the swift power, hidden in the mass of molecular adjustments of the elements, this atomic energy approaches it in the very act of fissioning it by the above-noted bombardment. Herein, verily the scientists know the similar hidden striking force of the rays of the sun working in the orbit of the moon." (Atharva-veda 20.41.1-3).

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

It's great Chaitanya, can you share the reference book of Vedas please? I haven't read Vedas yet.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Thank you so much for sharing......:)

Chaitanya Kulkarni
from Mumbai
13 years ago

as of now even i have found bits and pieces, i will mail you as and when i find detailed along with translations

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Its great of you all who are raeding teh epics with such devotion.

Chaitanya Kulkarni
Chaitanya Kulkarni
from Mumbai
13 years ago

reading there is so much to read 114 Upanishads, Swami Vivekananda oh the list goes on, i usually write on security so this is the best for me to take my mind off an relax a bit.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Upanishad I have started and ya, books of Ramkrishna Mission great relief from all doubts and conflicts.

Chaitanya Kulkarni
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Srimad Bhagavatham is a future venture and of course the Vedas, actually take time out and learn Sanskrit just for it.

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

I know Sanskrit and though I can't write much in Sanskrit but I can understand our epics. I read Valmiki Ramayana somewhat in Sanskrit. 

Chaitanya Kulkarni
from Mumbai
13 years ago

that is so great, i wanna do a deeper study of Sanskrit and our scriptures, there is so much to learn in them, sciences of so many kinds, which modern science is unaware of

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Yes, that's true....you know in Mahabharata it is  written about atom bomb, it's all discovered by an English person, when nobody knew atom bomb. Sanskrit is really so beautiful. 

Chaitanya Kulkarni
from Mumbai
13 years ago

in Yajur Veda nuclear fusion :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Do you wish to complete reading all the 114 Upanishads in your lieftime? (I don't know how lengthy each one is... :-))

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Raeding Bhagavad Gita is an aim of my life. Hope that i can achieve it given the complexity of the ideas presented in the books and ofcourse monotony and boredom too... And I also wish to re tell these epics to the world on my blog.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

@ Mohini I wonder how many languages you know! Hope that you satrt a blog in Sanskrit soon. One of my friends is a big fan of Sanskrit.

LockSign in to reply to this thread