Linkback Oppurtunity this festive season!

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hi Folks,

Just trying to tap all bloggers who host Lord Ganesh in their homes during the annual 11 day festival that is currently on.

Why ->

Ganesh Chaturthi represents a fest of unity that brings people together, and I was thinking of doing something on similar lines by celebrating it together virtually...

How ->

For this idea to go ahead, what will be needed is a pic of your Ganesh decorations at home and a quote from your side, if you bring Lord Ganesha in your homes that is. I will require atleast 8 to 10 bloggers chipping in, in this manner, to go ahead with my proposed idea. I will then put up a single blog post featuring all of the pics+quotes giving due credits to all.

And others, you need not be disappointed as well.. you can visit my blog after i put up the post Wink

This way we get to celebrate the festival together and you get a linkback too :)

If this interests you, leave a word here and we can talk it further through IndiMails.. Would appreciate if you could give your response to this ASAP as i need to prepare the post as well depending on the number of responses. Any queries, feel free to ask.

So, what are your thoughts on this? Anyone willing to share?

FINAL UPDATE:

Yaayyy!!! The post is finally live!

Here is the link -

Ganesh Chaturthi Celebrations - Transcending Virtual Boundaries, Bringing Bloggers Together

4 indibloggers sharing their different ideas of Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations; 1 common thread of unitedness binding them all!

Do check it out and let me know your thoughts! Also if you lke it, you can vote for it on indivine here :P

Thanks to everyone here who gave me the confidence to go ahead with this idea either through their content, or presence on this thread by motivational words... Smile

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: POST UP AND RUNNING!!!
1-20
21-21
Replies 1 to 20 of 21 Ascending
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

312555_213765098678603_100001353420983_517219_7799549_n.jpg

DS
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Umesh Arti has already published a post on Lalbaugcha Raja... I am just coming back from there, she had visited it! Its beautiful, check out her post!!
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Thanks @Ds :-) and umeshji, where is the pic? :-(
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

321583_213766922011754_100001353420983_517245_805448_n.jpg

I am forwarding a photo received from my relative who had visited mumbai Lalbagh's Ganesh

DS
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Umesh Arti has already published a post on Lalbaugcha Raja... I am just coming back from there, she had visited it! Its beautiful, check out her post!!
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
@ Abhi, Santosh and Mercury Even Anu has written a post and she has linked back to all your Blogs too... Do check out her post too, I am writing from mobile so unable to give link properly. Anyways here it is - anushankarn.blogspot.com/2011/09/collaborative-post-on-ganesh-chaturthi.html?m=0
Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Wonderful Arti..I have shared it on different fb groups...and my page too. :) Thank you so much for bringing all the traditions back....by blogging.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
@Mohini Thanks so much:) Hope, next time you can also contribute, I would have loved it... Thanks for sharing the post too, you are a wonderful friend:)
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Ya, I have photos, but can't upload. I had to post on my blog too missed it.....:)

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
There is always next time:)
DS
DS
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Fabulous post! Just amazing to see 4 different styles of celebrating the same festival!! Great job Arti, Abhi, Santosh, Anu and Mercury:):)
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
13 years ago

+1 DS , 

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Thanks DS and Dhiraj:)
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

This eventually went through... am sooo happy Smile

Thank you everyone!!!

Post was superb,
Santosh BS
from Bangalore
13 years ago
abhin@v
from mumbai
13 years ago

Yup ! both of your recent posts are wonderful. The hard work, that you have put in, reflects in your writing.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Thanks Santosh, heading over to read your take on the episode!!
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Thanks Abhi for chipping in:)
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
And yes its not only my hard work, it was team work:) Without you all I would not have been able to pull this off.
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Nice post Santosh:)
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@All to whom I sent mails...

Where are you people? Has someone kidnapped you all Tongue out

When are you planning to send me your content? Hurry up guys, today is the last day!  If no replies from you guys today, then it saddens me to say this but this idea will have to be dropped Frown

Santosh BS
from Bangalore
13 years ago

hope you have got my mails?

abhin@v
from mumbai
13 years ago

kidnapped?? who?? when?? how??

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Hey, sorry dear.  I was not online for two days, due to some problem.

don't be disheartened arti ji, lord ganesha is testing your patience. it takes time.

i spent whole day to understand wordpress themes and gave a complete overhaul to my new marriagebook site. all by myself this time and google ofcourse

and my marriagebook is waiting your post, since it's inception,

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thank you friends for saving this idea from fading away by showing up finally :) Abhi and Santosh, I have recvd your pics and Mohini and Pramodji, got your wishes as well Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

@Pramodji

Have you? I loved your earlier design too! Let me check it out right away...

and About contributing something, I would have really wished to but I have nil expertise in these matters :(

no expertise is needed @Arti ji, any occurance, pic, anything you think of sharing , 

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Difficult for me , but will try ... @Pramodji

Zephyr
Zephyr
from Mumbai
13 years ago

We do puja to the vigraha (idol) in our home on Ganesh Chaturthi and don't bring idols home. But this is a great idea and I am looking forward to the post and pics. Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

A nod of appreciation coming from you matters a lot , Thank you Mam Smile But I am increasingly getting unsure of this whole thing going ahead :(

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Good collaboration idea, we don t install Ganesha at home, let me check out whether i can click one on the streets, good luck ArtiSmile

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thanks Umeshji Smile

Dhiraj Shenoy
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Wow , really nice . All the best .

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thanks a lot Dhiraj, do you have any festive captures from your city?

Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
13 years ago

I didn't take any .

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Its ok.
Santosh BS
Santosh BS
from Bangalore
13 years ago

yeah me too can contribute, but i have snaps of last year - would that do?

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Glad to see your reply Santosh! Last year, hmmm.. ok... But what content are you willing to share exactly? If you could say something about it, it would be really nice :-)
Harshad
Harshad
from Pune
13 years ago

How do I send my pic :)

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Smile Thanks Harshad, check your Indimail!

Go arti, great idea

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thank you so much Prasanna, that is a gr8 motivation Smile

Santosh BS
Santosh BS
from Bangalore
13 years ago

great idea Arti... all the best :)

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thanks SantoshSmile

DS
DS
from Mumbai
13 years ago
This is a great innovative idea Arti!!:-) All the best, I dont bring Ganpati in our house, so wont be able to help you with that :-( Waiting for your post :-D
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

It's Ok DS.. will wait for your presence then through comments Wink

DS
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Certainly:)
DS
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Its great idea! A collaborative post by bloggers:)
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Ya, but still I dont have enough content :P Am still unsure if this is going to get through Frown

Chaitanya Kulkarni
Chaitanya Kulkarni
from Mumbai
13 years ago

yeah nice idea, will try to get some pics..

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thanks, hope you find some pics! If you find them do ping me here.

Do you bring Ganpati at your home?

Chaitanya Kulkarni
from Mumbai
13 years ago

yes at my cousin's, where i am at right now

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thats great! pinging you now!

Sunita Kurup
Sunita Kurup
from Pune/London
13 years ago

brilliant idea Arti :).. please do it .. so that I can see it atleast on the blog :(

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thank you so much Sunita Smile I will try to put things together in perspective and definitely will try to see this post coming through, need all the support and wishes Smile

abhin@v
abhin@v
from mumbai
13 years ago

Good initiative Arti, all the very best :)

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thank you abhi Smile I had expected Mumbai to give me a good response though Undecided

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

i am game!

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Thank you, thank you very much Mohanji for doing Shree Ganesh of my idea! Will get in touch shortly :-)
Go ahead Arti Ji, may lord Ganesha bless one and all. We donot bring murti at home but will be waiting for your post Cheers
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Thank you Pramodji for your blessings :-) How is the atomspere in your part? How is the festival celebrated there?

it's a village, and a group takes donations to build pandal, murti, etc. and loudspeakers. since last 3 days ear piercing invocations, mantras etc. going on 24*7

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Yes, music is a part and parcel of these festivities, i agree its gotten a bit too loud nowadays..

i sometimes muse at myself, lord krishna in bhagvadgita has said in a sloka, "never explain my teachings here ,to a non interested person, only to one who is eager to listen , them only.

DS
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Pramod ji, festivals mein thoda toh chalta hai:)

1-20
21-21
LockSign in to reply to this thread