Do you think pensioners, retirees and senior citizens mean one and the same?

Vyasamoorthy
Vyasamoorthy
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

What differences do you percive when you read those words depicting older persons? Is there a difference? Whom will you support most and why? Do they require community sympathy?

Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Ascending
Vyasamoorthy
Vyasamoorthy
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Thanks. You have a knack of making it hilarious! Iagree with your views on community response to senior citizens. Your last sentence makes me ask: are we becoming less civilised? Answer is: we are basically becoming more selfish, promting us to throw our civility and sensibilities to winds! 

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

I agree

Mohini Puranik
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

I respect all generally. Then Senior citizens are most respected. They don't require sympathy. But we require their knowledge and experience. I wish there should be some organization where Youth and Senior citizens will work together. The experience and new ideas both will be combined and then we will have something constructive for the country. Senior citizens will guide and potential of youth will directed in right path for country. What do you say sir?

I have read this somewhere, this actually happens in U. S. I guess.

Vyasamoorthy
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Thanks for your response. You are right. Senior citizens do not want sympathy; they need respect. Acceptance of them with all their weaknesses. Nowadays school children are sensitized to look upto elders with respect and care. Youth wings of political parties should work towards the bridging you are talking of; They will gain votes as well!!

Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
13 years ago

Instead of words as senior citizens or pensionars, if we make some honorary positions in every field, we all can express our respect towards the elderly for their contribution towards society and family too. 

Such experienced people are needed in every field, especially when today we are facing a chaos in politics, media, education system.

LockSign in to reply to this thread