Any suggestions for a twitter username: How is this name: ALightHeartedTk

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

I am planning to create a twitter account for my blog but just can't decide on the username to be used. I would like to have it as ALightHeartedTalk but the charcater limit of 15 doesn't allow me to do it. Any suggestions for an alternative name that will help others know that that particular name is associated to my blog.

How is this anme: ALightHeartedTk

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: update
1-20
21-23
Replies 1 to 20 of 23 Descending
Priya
Priya
from Mumbai
13 years ago

lighttalker...something like that

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Looks fine... but all the three words: light, heart and talk have to be included in it.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Brandbuilding is all about consistency, let it be same as what you have been using in one platform, otherwise you will be diluting your equity.  I realised it late, i am passing on this advice

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Are you asking me to use my name? In the future, there will be a few other blogs that will be launched by me. So, it wouldn't look good if I am going to use my name as a twitter profile name. It would then look like my personal twitter account where I would be tweeting about myself, which would not be the case. I like to build a separate brand around myself and a separate brand around a light hearted talk. My blog is as important to me as I am for myself. 

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
ranjithtalks, how about this... Though I am not an expert at twitter...
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
So you didnt like it, how about lighthearttalks
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
You looked at this!
Monica
Monica
from New Delhi
13 years ago

halke-dil-ki-baat

Monica
from New Delhi
13 years ago

14 characters...pasand na aaye toh majaak mat udana :P

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Another Hindi sentence to decipher! Frown

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
It means a light hearted talk!
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

I understood the meaning of halke-dil-ka-baat. I was asking about majaak mat udana 

Monica
from New Delhi
13 years ago

@ arti thanks ji fr explng to him :D @ranjith...it means if u dnt like my suggestion let it be but plz dnt laugh at it :P

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Welcome ji, Monicaji :D
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Thank you Monica.

The name looks fine but English would be better. Smile

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Ranjith i have built a brand De Guide indicating my name and the profession i am associated. Similarly Ranjith you are the best judge what would you like to known as, or in which field you would like to be associated. Suppose you choose finance field it can be Ra Tips, etc.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

I was till this day unable to understand what that de meant. I thought it to be some latin or french. Smile

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

De is short form of Derebail, it gels with European titles or description Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Isn't derebail a part of your name?

Neeraj Rawat
Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
13 years ago

heartkiller

start with anyname asif now and post the link in your blog you can change the url/username anytime atleast by then you will get few followers

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Ra One.....Ra No 1.....based on the movie release of SRK

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Suppose I create an account with username X and later change it to Y, will the ones who viist twiiter.com/X be redirected to twitter.com/Y ?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

@ umesh It looks as if you are shouting at me. Smile

In Telugu, Ra is something that isn't use while talking with respectable people. 

Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
13 years ago

nopes they wont be redirected as if you would leave the name x and sum1 else registers it,then you know what gonna happen but in twitter that hardly matters as noone will directly open twitter.com/anyusername unlike any website one who is following you would be with you nomatter how many changes you make to username but yeah once you establish a brand name we cant change it often

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Thanks Neeraj

Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
13 years ago

no need of it yaar we are just sharing our views & experience, still the purpose of the thread not resolved.Wait lemme check my archive got a trick where you can extend the twitter word limit

Bilna Sandeep
Bilna Sandeep
from Abu Dhabi
13 years ago

how about @litehrtalks Laughing

R-A-J
from Bangalore
13 years ago

brilliant one in my opinion :)

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Sounds perfect!
Priya
Priya
from Mumbai
13 years ago

go for alitetalker

Priya
Priya
from Mumbai
13 years ago

or alitehearttalkr.......15 characters

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Yes Derebail is my surname, Short form of your name RITalk, or RITideas etc
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

My short form looks awful.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

OK, what do you think tk means?

Bilna Sandeep
from Abu Dhabi
13 years ago

talk? 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Yes, got it right.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

How is this: ALightHeartedTk (exactly 15 charcaters)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

* characters

abhin@v
from mumbai
13 years ago

Thunbs Upp!

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Good, Good B-)
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Go ahead and register......let us see what happens Ranjith
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Itni mehnat karayi kyun phir humse when you had to come up with your own :P
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

I thought that someone of you would suggest something better. Even now I wish that the character limit was . I didn't like substituting tk for talk but still there is no other option left.

Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
13 years ago

lol

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Well, what should I tweet about? These are some of the things that I have in my list:

• Tweets about new articles on my blogs.
  • Tweets related to the next article that is going to be put up on my blog.
  • Musings about life in 140characters
  • Quote of the week or something like that

Any more ideas?

Neeraj Rawat
Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
13 years ago

use twitterfeed for autotweet of blog articles rest depends upon your interest I hate to open twitter till now cant say about future but yeah I use twitterfeed & friendfeed to autofeed my articles there

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Same here!
Neeraj Rawat
Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
13 years ago

howz this one?that trick I was talking above seems to be fixed by twitter

liteheartedtalk

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Which trick are you referring to?

Bilna Sandeep
from Abu Dhabi
13 years ago

this ones's the best of the lot!! :D

Neeraj Rawat
Neeraj Rawat
from Delhi
13 years ago

there was a trick using which you could bypass the username limit,seems to be fixed now initially it came to bypass the name limit but many used for username as well

Just saw your blog today first time and its a nice one,liked the gif image,you can tweak it for a professional look like hiding the navbar and other jazz.Are you the one asking in a thread for gif image hosting?Sorry dont remember someone was asking for a host dont know if it was for gif(shudnt be as it can be hosted on blogger itself ) hmm I guess it was for sum swf or flash kinda thing

Which technique or software you used to create that gif image?I need to create one and exploring software these days as creating video and gif images can be a boost for blogging.Done with the video part need to explore the gif now.You can also earn @ fiverr.com by creating your own gigs for things you are goot at like this if you get sum extra time you would be surprised just for a job of 20 minutes you can get around rs 180

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

@ Neeraj Can you tell me how can we hide the navbar. I've searched for it on Google and many results did pop up. .... And the most popular reply to such articles was 'Not Working'

Which gif image are you referring to in the first line of the second paragraph?

Yes, it was me who had asked the question regarding hosting. It was for hosting flash videos. I did come accross a few sites like shareswf but all of them do not allow us to access the location (URL) where the swf file is tored. Theefore, the only option left is to use the embedd option they provide which contains all unnecessary stuff like sharing and attribution.

I don't remember the purpose for which I had wanted storage space then. But in the last blog post here, I needed to host that swf file. I have hosted it on mdn.

And finally, regarding teh software that I use, it is nothing more than MS paint and MS Office. The image here has been created on MS Paint. And the one here is a flash animation. Actually, I had taken a few photos to select the best to be posted on my blog. However, when I viewed then one after the other fastly, it looked something similar creative and so have created that picture sequence on Flash inserting each picture in frame (total of six pictures) with a frame rate of 12 fps.

What kind of gif images do you wish to create? Since you are a tech blogger, adding infographics may help. You can craete them using smart art in MS Word (2007) They really look professiona (atleast to a slight extent)  You can view some images here, here and here.

I came accross fiverr just before reading this thraed. It was mentioned in an article on twitips. Created an account but unable to undersatnd the entire site. They do not even have a help section. Trying to find my luck there. I am always interested in easy money. :-)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

There is a lot more time to think about a twitter name or the content to be posted. I don't know how long it would take. I dreamt of starting a blog much before the start of 2010 and it came true only in the month of October.

Priya
Priya
from Mumbai
13 years ago

so we can keep this post for posterity ! lol

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Smile

1-20
21-23
LockSign in to reply to this thread