The power of Google advertising

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Just look at this blog post: http://yourblogfriend.blogspot.com/2006/07/weather.html It is the one and the only post on that blog. However, it has attracted 60+ comments.(Most of them are spam)  Do you know the reason for it: Advertsing via Google Adwords

I came accross that site through a google ad. I usually do not have the habit of clicking on ads. But what attracted me was that a free blog being advertised. If a blogger really has too much money, he would buy a top level domain with it rather than advertising it.

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: minor edit
Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Ascending
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Also I think that the person must have another blog and he must have deleted posts from this blog and put it up on his other blog, it is pretty weird though! People are telling him nice content and are asking him how to start blogging!!
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

That is one of the worst blogs that I've ever seen.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Just read the comments there Ranjith, they were mostly spam comments about 50 of them!!!
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Yes, they are all spam comments. He has forgotten to blog again. Smile

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Google gifts free vouchers for using adwords service, I have also received two... Both were 2500 Rs, if I remember correctly. I have even started a thread on that topic. So it is not that a free blogger is very rich if he is advertising his blog through adwords!!!
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Did you do anything to get those free vouchers. If I get one, I might consider using those vouchers aftera bit of consideration.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

I have already logged into Adwords a few times to check out the Keyword tool that is present in Google Adwords. Might be Goggle thought that I've already decided to advertise and it might end up losing money giving me something for free when I'm ready to utilise the service by paying money.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
I did not use the first one, the second one is still not expired! But I will have to spend 500 rs to activate that voucher... So I will give it a miss this time too, I guess...
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
If you activate google adsense, you automatically receive those free coupons.
Jitaditya Narzary
from Delhi
13 years ago

I have never received any kind of coupons & I think I activated Adsense way back in 2007 or 2008!!!

Not to mention that the earnings are unmentionable...

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

@ Arti Do you mean that our blog needs to be accepted into Adsense program or is just submitting our application sufficient. I submitted my Adsense application once in the initial days of blogging. They have rejected it. Anyone why would they accepted my blog which contained just 5 or 6 posts then!

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
@ Jitaditya Thats odd, I know many people who receive those free vouchers who have their adsense account activated.
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
@ Ranjith I think it needs to be adsense activated, then you receive those free vouchers.

LockSign in to reply to this thread